Eth & Thorn
Latest Blog Posts »
- Teachable Moments on the Bus 1 week ago Mark and I were riding the bus to the mall the other day around 2:00 PM, which is basically prime time for school children going home. We happened to get on a bus that was absolutely packed with kids, and … Continue reading →
- Short-Lived Warmth, Proverbially 1 week ago Skammgóður vermir að pissa í skóinn It’s short-term relief to piss in your shoes No, I’m not just being vulgar. This is an Icelandic proverb, explained to me by a co-worker today. By way of explanation, he said, “it’ll keep … Continue reading →
- Farm Experience Needed 2 weeks ago I guess if you want to become an Icelandic translator, first you should go live on a farm for awhile, and then you should write some poetry. Then start translating. Such was Arnaldur Indriðason’s advice, given during a panel at … Continue reading →
- Snjókoma! 2 weeks ago There was another lovely snow day on Monday, so I took some pictures around town…
- Just a Day at the Beach 3 weeks ago Well, hello, Internet. How was your day? Good? Good. How’s mine? So nice of you to ask. Because my day was awesome, Internet. Because I went sea bathing in the North Atlantic, after dark (5:30 PM), in November, and I … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- 5 Things You Can't Find in Iceland...Except When You Can Writing Contest March 2013 It’s a small country in the middle of the North Atlantic, so one probably expects upon arrival that there are a lot of things that are hard to come by in Iceland. This is certainly true, but nevertheless, Iceland, like Walt Whitman, “contains...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Iceland Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Iceland!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Eth & Thorn has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!