Eth & Thorn
Latest Blog Posts »
- Outlander 2 weeks ago In Icelandic… Icelandic child: Where are you from again? Me: The United States. Child [looking a bit surprised]: Oh. Me: Where did you think I was from? Child: Frá útlöndum. ['From abroad.' Or, literally, 'from outland.']
- On Independence, Or: Asking for help when pouring your milk 2 weeks ago So, when it rains, it pours, eh? You don’t hear from me for over a month, Internet, and now you can’t get me to shut up. I suppose all I can say is that finals and the holiday season are … Continue reading →
- Dans, Dans, Dans! 2 weeks ago It’s a little belated now, but upon mentioning it in my ‘hi, I’m still here’ post a few days ago, I happened to realize that back at the end of September, I actually published my first cover story with The … Continue reading →
- It's Your Right... 2 weeks ago Don’t worry too much about making mistakes when you’re writing or speaking. It’s your second language—grammar mistakes are your right. -Gauti Kristmannsson, professor of Translation Studies-
- Winter Has Arrived (And I Feel Fine) 3 weeks ago So, it’s been a really long time, hasn’t it? My saying this is getting to be a habit, I know, but as I’ve mentioned, it has somehow seemed more complicated to write about life here in Iceland now that I … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- 5 Things You Can't Find in Iceland...Except When You Can Writing Contest March 2013 It’s a small country in the middle of the North Atlantic, so one probably expects upon arrival that there are a lot of things that are hard to come by in Iceland. This is certainly true, but nevertheless, Iceland, like Walt Whitman, “contains...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Iceland Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Iceland!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Eth & Thorn has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!