Eth & Thorn
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fake Duck, and Pork Buns, and Thai Eggplants, oh my! 2 weeks ago So, one of the things I continually say that I miss the most about living in the US is the food. Not all the high fructose corn syrup, no, but the general availability and variety of fresh vegetables and ingredients and … Continue reading →
- At Home, Again. 3 weeks ago It seems to me that the more normal life gets here, the harder it is to write about it. I’ve never been particularly good at keeping a daily journal, for instance, and it seems that the less fish-out-of-water I feel … Continue reading →
- Summertiiiime... 1 month ago Like the lady says. So since the Great Dandelion Triumph (which yes, was super triumphant) things have really picked up speed. We had two guests and saw another friend/former colleague on his way through Reykjavík, which increasingly, seems to be … Continue reading →
- Dandelion Harvest 3 months ago Or, the uppskera túnfífils, I believe. One of the most easily recognizable signs of summer’s arrival here in Iceland (what equates to a cold spring for most of the rest of you) is the sudden profusion of dandelions everywhere. I … Continue reading →
- What Time Is It There? (18.5.14) 3 months ago Both photos were taken at the same time of day, yesterday, May 18, 2014. So, I ask you: what time was it here? Closest guess gets an impressed nod of respect.
Contest Entries »
- 5 Things You Can't Find in Iceland...Except When You Can Writing Contest March 2013 It’s a small country in the middle of the North Atlantic, so one probably expects upon arrival that there are a lot of things that are hard to come by in Iceland. This is certainly true, but nevertheless, Iceland, like Walt Whitman, “contains...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Iceland Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Iceland!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Eth & Thorn has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!