Eth & Thorn
Latest Blog Posts »
- How English Sounds to Non-English Speakers 2 days ago Originally posted on Happy Linguist:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY This post could also be titled, “How a language sounds when you barely know it.” If you’ve never spent time in a place where your native language isn’t spoken, try watching that video and…
- You just called your kid what? 4 days ago In keeping with Saturday’s post… We were learning body vocab in class recently, which included pretty general words, like “læri” (thigh), “olnbogi” (elbow), and “brjost” (breast), as well as words like “rass” (basically, “butt,” but literally, I think, “ass.”) Because...
- It's Bun Day! 5 days ago As you may remember from last year, Bolludagur, or Bun Day, kicks off a holiday spree here in Iceland just before Lent. It revolves entirely around one vital mission: to acquire and stuff yourself with as many cream buns as … Continue reading →
- Irreverent Icelandic Lessons 6 days ago Or, Icelandic the fun way. Icelandic language studies at the university may be characterized by a good deal of national pride in Icelanders’ great literary heritage, the nation’s veritable slew of firsts and per-capita records, it’s unique nature and uniquely … Continue reading →
- Better Lives, Uncommon Adventures 4 weeks ago For those of you sitting at your desk and looking for something to get you to the end of Friday, may I submit the following for your consideration: Firstly, the much-hyped (by me) first video in what may end up … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- 5 Things You Can't Find in Iceland...Except When You Can Writing Contest March 2013 It’s a small country in the middle of the North Atlantic, so one probably expects upon arrival that there are a lot of things that are hard to come by in Iceland. This is certainly true, but nevertheless, Iceland, like Walt Whitman, “contains...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Iceland Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Iceland!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Eth & Thorn has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!