Eth & Thorn
Latest Blog Posts »
- "The smallest human acts of kindness..." 1 day ago I recently re-listened to a great episode of This American Life, a program called “Americans in Paris,” which begins with Ira Glass following David Sedaris on an extremely esoteric tour of Paris not so long after David had relocated there. … Continue reading →
- Also: We're On Volcano-Watch. 4 days ago So, yeah: buried the lead a bit. We’re kinda sorta maybe likely to have a volcanic eruption here in Iceland soon. Really: it will all work out. But yes, there is an increasing likeliness that the Bárðarbunga volcano, at the … Continue reading →
- Second Languages Around the World 4 days ago An interesting infographic via MoveHub, as reposted by GalleyCat, showing the most popular second languages around the world. I’m not totally sure that I love the logic that GC employed when presenting this, namely the bolded text here (disapproving emphasis mine): … Continue reading →
- The Summer Project, Revised 6 days ago So earlier this summer, I decided that I would set myself a project goal: finish a draft of a translation of a ten page short story. I thought this would be a modest goal, and yet fully expected that it … Continue reading →
- The Second Life of LFLR 1 week ago As some of you may know from other outlets, awhile ago now, the city took down Little Free Library Reykjavík. I haven’t actually gotten the full story, but I have to assume that this happened because the library had been … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- 5 Things You Can't Find in Iceland...Except When You Can Writing Contest March 2013 It’s a small country in the middle of the North Atlantic, so one probably expects upon arrival that there are a lot of things that are hard to come by in Iceland. This is certainly true, but nevertheless, Iceland, like Walt Whitman, “contains...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Iceland Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Iceland!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Eth & Thorn has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!