Eth & Thorn
Latest Blog Posts »
- So This is Christmas 1 week ago Exams are over and it’s almost time for us to fly back to the US for what promises to be an absurdly (but not at all unexpectedly) warm Christmas. Like, 70F and sunny, guys. It’s going to be great. In … Continue reading →
- Merry Christmas (If I Feel Like It) 2 weeks ago Well, December has begun and we’re all in full Christmas-mode here in Iceland. That is, when those of us who are at university aren’t studying for exams (I know, poor us). Also, there was a magical snow storm last week, … Continue reading →
- Two Languages 3 weeks ago Það eru bara tvö tungumál: íslenska og útlenska. Og útlenska er enska. There are only two languages: Icelandic and ‘Foreign Language.’ And ‘Foreign Language’ is English. This from a professor of mine during a class discussion about our experiences as … Continue reading →
- Outlander 2 months ago In Icelandic… Icelandic child: Where are you from again? Me: The United States. Child [looking a bit surprised]: Oh. Me: Where did you think I was from? Child: Frá útlöndum. [‘From abroad.’ Or, literally, ‘from outland.’]
- On Independence, Or: Asking for help when pouring your milk 1 month ago So, when it rains, it pours, eh? You don’t hear from me for over a month, Internet, and now you can’t get me to shut up. I suppose all I can say is that finals and the holiday season are … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- 5 Things You Can't Find in Iceland...Except When You Can Writing Contest March 2013 It’s a small country in the middle of the North Atlantic, so one probably expects upon arrival that there are a lot of things that are hard to come by in Iceland. This is certainly true, but nevertheless, Iceland, like Walt Whitman, “contains...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Iceland Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Iceland!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Eth & Thorn has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!