Philip Arthur Moore

  • 1
Philip Arthur Moore
My name is Philip Arthur Moore and I am a United States-born, Hanoi-based expatriate. I am currently employed as a Theme Wrangler at Automattic Inc.
Website Social:

Latest Blog Posts »

  • Everything I'm Doing Is Wrong 3 days ago I’m building a home. It’s a perfect little home, with brick walls that are surrounded by mountains and greenery. It’s small and quaint, taking up approximately forty-five square meters on a plot of land that’s three times as large. There’s plenty of room to grow flowers, plant a tree,...
  • Brief Update on Life 2 weeks ago I haven’t shared much about what’s going on. I’m still developing WordPress themes, plugins, and custom client work. I cut ties with my business partner last year, all but shut down premium theme submissions until they say otherwise, and it took a little while to secure...
  • The Problem with Important, not Urgent Emails 5 months ago At this point, at least 90% of the email I receive is purely automated or transactional. Purchase confirmations; newsletters for both research and consumption; 2FA links, you name it. The other 10% is incredibly important. Of that 10%, only 2% is urgent. Email is not where I go for urgency. It’s...
  • Simple 6 months ago I’m nearly two years into my departure from Hanoi, and it’s odd how regular Son La feels, especially given the extraordinary bareness of the city. There is no supermarket here. It’s all mom-and-pop shops, markets, and a central grocery store that tries its best, but by all measures looks like...
  • I Don't Write in WordPress 6 months ago I use Bear and iA Writer now. Sometimes, when online research and deep focus are needed, I’ll use Airstory. And other times I’ll use Notes or Pages. But it’s never WordPress.* WP-CLI is where I go to change settings, install themes and plugins, bulk delete comments, update my core... Featured Expat Blog Badge:

Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:

Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Philip Arthur Moore

04:16 AM December 14, 2016

well I read this at the suggestion of a friend. I am thinking of moving to Vietnam and open a business and wondered how it would be and what to expect. I been told a outsider never fits in and will always stand out. I am single and want to do something new and different and have enjoyed my contact with an Vietnamese. I see that you have had the good and bad and that is to be expected. thanks for the blog

Leave some love for this blog:

Do you think this blog has what it takes to be listed at the top of Expats in Viet Nam Blogs?
Please note: only positive or constructive comments will be published. Unnecessary, negative comments won't be published.
  • Facebook
  • Follow us on Twitter
  • RSS feed
  • Facebook

3206 Expat Blogs By Destination

Submit your blog for inclusion!

Recently Added Blogs

Blog posts just in!

  • truth-be-travel (13 March)
  • The Expat Loop (11 March)
  • Frogs Legs for Tea (09 March)
  • Indian Girl in Germany (01 March)
  • Tenneswede (08 February)
  • anika keswani (06 February)
  • basic bon vivant (24 January)
  • Wandy McNoble Down Under (22 January)
  • VegFusion (22 January)
  • A&A's Ventures (03 January)