Latest Blog Posts »
- Romantic Swiss Getaways for Spring 5 days ago Here in Switzerland, we're feeling it already, the soft white goodbye of winter, the warming sun, the loamy aroma of spring, with all our blossoms about to burst and our juices flowing for romantic Swiss getaways.
- Zürich Honors Headless Bro and Sis 3 months ago Do you think brother and sister Felix and Regula thought it was worth it to lose their heads to become the patron saints of Zürich? Not to mention their loyal-to-a-fault servant, Exuperantius, who also got relieved of his head, but received no sainthood.
- Weaponized Soup Soon to Defeat Savoyard Raiders (Again) at Geneva City Walls 3 months ago 'Twas a cold December night in 1602 when a woman carrying a cauldron of dangerously steaming soup spied Savoyard soldiers attempting to storm the city walls. The rest is scalding history and legend, and is the reason for Geneva's proudest, most colorful annual festival, coming up Dec. 9th.
- New Fave Burger Joint 3 months ago Today in Pâquis, Geneva's intriguing neighborhood full of immigrants and Swiss who run cafés, restaurants, and other, ahem, businesses, I had the luck of the flâneur. Flâneurs are people who simply wander to see what they may discover. Today this flâneur found The Hamburger Foundation, his...
- Charlie Chaplin is Alive and Still Funny in Vevey, Switzerland 4 months ago Charlie Chaplin, one of the immortals of cinema tragi-comedy, now has his own museum in Vevey, Switzerland, just outside of Montreux. You can get a little glimpse here at my latest story for Le News, Chaplin's World. And a few more photos:
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » ExpatCH has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!