Latest Blog Posts »
- Like the Perfume of Your Lover's Neck 1 week ago Among the first signs of spring turning to summer in Canton Neuchâtel are the fields of colza blossoms covering the countryside. As you cruise along the country lanes, the floral aroma is subtle and slightly sweet, like the natural perfume of your lover's neck. The seeds of this plant make colza...
- Neuchâtel Flood 2 weeks ago OK, not really much of an actual flood, but the lake was a good 1.5 meters above normal the last few days. That put our Saturday lunch restaurant's terrace ankle deep in water. The swans took that for an invitation, but they had neglected to make reservations.
- The Coveted C 1 month ago So after 5 years living here in Switzerland, I have gained my Permit C. "What does this really mean to you?" asked my Swiss wife. After all, in most ways very little will change. Still, the Permit C means I won't have to re-apply every year to stay in Switzerland, as I did with my Permit B....
- Zürich says Willkommen 1 month ago What is it about Zürich? I tried to give some idea of the verve and joie de vivre of this historic and hip city in my just-published story for Discovery magazine, the inflight for Cathay-Pacific Airlines. You can have a look on my Imagery Ink website if you'd like.
- Chocolate vs. Olive Oil 2 months ago In a Swiss grocery store, about this much shelf space is taken up with dozens of kinds of chocolate. In Athens, well, as you see, it's all about the olive oil.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » ExpatCH has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!