Latest Blog Posts »
- Lunch with Jean-Jacques Rousseau 1 week ago I had lunch with Jean-Jacques Rousseau yesterday. We were on the tiny Îsle Rousseau right where Lac Léman pours into the Rhone. He and I had a pretty one-sided conversation, partly because he was writing, and partly because he's made out of bronze. Geneva claims Jean-Jacques as a native...
- Swiss Playgrounds 1 week ago Why am I not surprised? Swiss playgrounds with practical equipment that's totally fun. Hand-eye-fun coordination at a lakeside park in Bienne. In Burgdorf a boy pulls up sand from a chain, pulley and bucket. Later, a wild ride on the spring scooter shall ensue.
- Bonfires Signal Switzerland's 723rd Birthday 4 weeks ago Last night at the annual party our neighbors, the Leuba family, threw in celebration of Switzerland's birthday on August 1st, there was the usual huge bonfire and fireworks. Didier Leuba explained to me that the bonfires that are still lit around the country on Swiss National Day hearken back to...
- The Castle Gates are Open 1 month ago On the edge of Canton Vaud, halfway between history and legend, there lies a castle. Last weekend and next (19-20 July), le Chateau d’Aigle takes you back to a colorful, idealized vision of medieval life, complete with comely inviting wenches. Actually, these three beauties were...
- Prague Art Nouveau 1 month ago Part of Prague's magic is its Art Nouveau treasures. I wrote about this for the Cathay Pacific Airlines' magazine, Discovery, if you're interested.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » ExpatCH has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!