Latest Blog Posts »
- A hymn from our 12th-century church 3 days ago In our town of Neuchâtel, this is where, for a thousand years, knights and ladies have come to praise their Lord. I was lucky last week to find the organist practicing. Here's a little video.
- What Makes a City Great? 2 weeks ago The first time I visited Zürich, I walked out of the train station beneath a gargantuan guardian angel, strolled across the Limmat River, and wandered aimlessly into Old Town, where I was shot through the heart with an arrow. This has happened to me before in other great cities: Paris. San...
- A Glass with a Swiss Winemaker in his Vineyard 3 months ago My idea of a wonderful morning: sharing a glass (or three) of superb Chasselas wine with the winemaker right in the sunny vineyard where the grapes were grown. You can read about this fine gentleman in my piece for Newly Swissed.
- Street Art Apart in Vevey 3 months ago Sorry to be sadistic, but I'm going to share a glimpse of the Images Festival of Arts in Vevey, which ends Sunday, Oct. 5th, so probably too late for you this year. For three weeks the lovely town of Vevey has been an open-air art gallery, most of the art devoted to photography -- whatever that...
- Wiith Odysseus and the Greek Pirates 4 months ago Cruising the Aegean, just offshore the southern coast of Milos island in the Greek Cyclades, I can't help but imagining Odysseus raising his sword against the pirates who once lurked here. We're near the low white cliffs of Kleftiko whose caves were once pirates' lairs from which to attack...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » ExpatCH has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!