Latest Blog Posts »
- The Coveted C 1 week ago So after 5 years living here in Switzerland, I have gained my Permit C. "What does this really mean to you?" asked my Swiss wife. After all, in most ways very little will change. Still, the Permit C means I won't have to re-apply every year to stay in Switzerland, as I did with my Permit B....
- Zürich says Willkommen 2 weeks ago What is it about Zürich? I tried to give some idea of the verve and joie de vivre of this historic and hip city in my just-published story for Discovery magazine, the inflight for Cathay-Pacific Airlines. You can have a look on my Imagery Ink website if you'd like.
- Chocolate vs. Olive Oil 4 weeks ago In a Swiss grocery store, about this much shelf space is taken up with dozens of kinds of chocolate. In Athens, well, as you see, it's all about the olive oil.
- Athens Alive 1 month ago Sorry, Athens, but I'm going to say out loud what we both know -- you are not a handsome city overall. The 5-year economic crisis has taken its toll in chipped concrete and dirty sidewalks. Though yes, it's true your metro system is spotless, the stations and the trains, which run right on time....
- Cernier Sculpture Garden 1 month ago To buy wood pellets to heat our house I usually take the winding two-lane through the beautiful Val de Ruz valley to the big discount homewares store in little Cernier. To be honest, Cernier is not a memorable town. Except for one thing. The school there -- l'Ecole des Métiers de la Terre et de...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » ExpatCH has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!