Latest Blog Posts »
- My Swiss Story 2 months ago Well gosh, it seems I have the small honor of being the first guinea pig for a new series, "My Swiss Story," at my favorite Swiss online newspaper, Le News. Many thanks to my darling wife, without whom none of this would have possible, not to mention, extremely wonderful.
- Switzerland: Four Official Languages, an Unofficial Fifth, Lots of Translators 3 months ago With a population of only 8.3 million, Switzerland has four official languages and that pushy unofficial fifth. And so too do we have lots of professional translators with opinions about the spread of English.
- Poetry Found 4 months ago We were wheeling along a neighborhood boardwalk this Monday afternoon and came upon a little table piled with poetry, and two gentlemen offering to read to us and everyone. Claude Thébert reads poems from "Aller Simple" by Erri De Luca. Lionel Brady reads Verlaine. Claude reads Greek...
- Samedi Swim in the Rhone 5 months ago Our long, hot summer (knock on wood) draws les Genevois in the know to a certain stretch of the Rhone to swim and watch its beauty and hijinks. Yesterday, a regatta of whacky boats and sailors bedecked the river. Wildlife...
- Vote for Switzerland's Most Beautiful Village 6 months ago In Switzerland's famous "direct democracy," voters frequently are called on to vote on a host of candidates and initiatives -- and now, a beauty contest for the country's most beautiful village.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » ExpatCH has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!