Latest Blog Posts »
- A sombre weekend - Holodomor remembered 16 hours ago Few words needed for this entry. A time of sombre remembrance for the millions of Slavs who died needlessly as a result of Kremlin policy between 1932 – 1933.
- The G3 Test for Ukraine - (and a shameless plug) 1 day ago Regular readers will have noticed that yesterday there was no entry. The reason for this was a meeting with some members of the western diplomatic community regarding the state of affairs in Ukraine (and Odessa) – particularly the present, and the immediate future. Being a Chatham House Member,...
- Revolting judiciary? Predictably so 3 days ago On 5th October, an entry appeared here regarding the far from good “Lustration Law”. “Amendments will surely follow once the Constitutional Court and Venice Commission recommendations are forthcoming, hopefully transforming the “OK” into “good” legislation – but will any amendments...
- Cherry-picking within the Association Agreement - EU CSDP 4 days ago Now and again it pays to wander back through the now ratified Association Agreement and Deep & Comprehensive Trade Agreement in an effort to gauge the distance that need be traveled by Ukraine to fully meet its obligations under this legal instrument. Having got no further than Title II, Article...
- Spy games - Let the expulsions begin 5 days ago For those who remember the Cold War, or who were indeed active participants in it, the expulsion of “diplomats” or “journalists” attached to an embassy or consul in foreign lands was, if not frequent, then certainly not unusual. Such expulsions were normally followed by tit-for-tat actions...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Odessablog's Blog
15:01 PM February 17, 2014
As probably the only native English speaker in Zaporozhzhye and definitely the only South African it’s interesting to see a Brit blogging. Well done, at least now you’ve got one follower!
09:43 AM March 27, 2014
Actually, you are not the only native English speaker in Zaporozhzhye! ;-) Cheers!