8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tutor conference 1 day ago In March, the Portland Literacy Council hosted a one-day workshop for tutors and other educators. It was held on the fairytale campus of Reed College, meaning I got only one photo of the event and ninety pictures of the grounds, haha.I was a little bit skeptical going in, thinking this was going to...
- On not moving anywhere 5 days ago Things have been changing this spring.In January and February I was a bad wife, always complaining to D about moving to Ukraine/Bulgaria/Georgia/any other nearby countries that end in a vowel. To be honest, I'd been doing this ever since we left Ukraine; complaining, but not really putting the...
- NOLA nightwalk 1 week ago On the final evening in New Orleans, after the expo had ended and we had packed away everything in the booth, my brother and I walked through the city at twilight. Final destination- a Thai restaurant with good reviews. Our foodie, Greg, had already caught a flight back to his family so we actually...
- On the bayou 1 week ago The American south is such a mystery to me. The history, the drawl, the food, the bayou- it was impossible to figure it all out in only a week, so I picked the bayou to start with. The expo was over, and it was a sunny Friday morning. We met up with some of Nick's former co-workers, a few hours...
- Xponential 2016 1 week ago New Orleans was a lucky break. My brother and his friend recently started a company and they needed an extra person to help out at a trade show. They kindly overlooked my total lack of engineering qualifications and, whoo-hoo!, there was a ticket to New Orleans in my inbox!Although the expo was...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!