8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Final updates 2 days ago Meet the packing assistant.(Warning: cat overload!)He likes to test everything out- clothes, luggage, papers- by sitting on it exactly when you need it. I was trying to pack this suitcase, but apparently it hadn't passed the quality control inspection yet.Anyway, it's probably good practice because...
- Russian summer school is coming... 1 week ago It's almost time for Russian summer school! *slight panicky feeling* Last night I had my first dream about being in Russia. It was a confusing mix of trying to buy bread and water from a little kiosk, using wooden tokens to ride the metro, and getting outdated rubles from an ATM. Pretty sure...
- Snapshots and travel plans 2 weeks ago It's been a great month so far!Кит says hi!I'm finally feeling settled in at work. I've got a weekly schedule down and also picked up one of those really silly-sounding job titles: social media manager. (Like, what is that?) Working hours are mainly spent writing new English lessons with a...
- Back in the day 3 weeks ago Ukraine has been through a number of currency changes- the kupon, anyone?- but we're going a bit further back in time today. I've tried to find out as much as possible about these coins, but please jump into the comments if you know anything else!This coin is called a denga (денга is actually...
- Tea update 3 weeks ago Even though it's been super hot lately, every day has been borsch day. Yum. It would make more sense to eat something cold, but D made a giant pot of the soup and I got hooked on it. He used a seasoning packet from the Russian store this time. It was okay, but I think he's actually really talented...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!