8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Recently 2 days ago Although we're somewhere on the streets of New York right now (unless something has gone really wrong), I wanted to share this small collection of pictures and quotes with you, things that caught my attention for one reason or another. All of the photos are from Kharkiv and, except for the photo of...
- RIP 5 days ago Rest in peace, MH17 crew and passengers.You will never be forgotten.
- A new start 6 days ago We're on our way now. I'm very, very grateful that we were able to follow this dream so very far. I wish you the same in your life, the opportunity to follow your own dreams to whatever destination they lead.The 8 Months in Ukraine Facebook page will continue to be updated regularly about...
- The (not so) brave cat 1 week ago *Warning: embarrassing cat pictures ahead. Embarrassing for the cat, at least.*What I like best about dogs is their excitement over everything. It's time to wake up? Awesome! Someone dropped food on the floor? Awesome! We're going outside? Awesome! It's not quite the same with a cat. Wake...
- Kharkiv cafés: waffles, pig ears, and Sherlock Holmes 1 week ago The time left before our flight can now be counted in hours... under 100 of them!... hours filled with packing anxiety and heartfelt goodbyes. It's unsettling to have these very normal "pre-move" events juxtaposed against the terrible backdrop of deaths in the southeast. I've been meeting friends...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!