8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Boise, Idaho in 10 cool facts 4 days ago I think Idaho gets a bad rap. Everyone hears Idaho and thinks potatoes, dust, guns, white pride, pickups and of course But why would I go there if I'm not going skiing?.Very empty Boise airport on a Friday eveningIdaho is actually pretty cool. It's vast- the 13th largest state in the US. It's...
- In the city of roses 1 week ago Warning: this post contains your entire yearly dose of flower photos!...But on the other hand, there are over 7,000 plants in this garden so I'm sparing you approximately 6,675 of them ;)Why go to Portland's International Rose Test Garden? I mean, aside from this---Here's what will keep your...
- Nicaragua 1 week ago Waaaay before Ukraine came Nicaragua, the land of lakes and volcanoes. I went to Nicaragua in 2002 because I was too scared to visit Columbia solo, and Nicaragua sounded far enough off the beaten track.Back then there was a Spanish school for foreigners that let you transfer your studies between...
- Snapshots of American Summer 2 weeks ago How to spend a summer in Portland, Oregon:Look up-Look around-Look down-Ride downtown-Drive away-Play-Write someone-artist siteRead the signs- Try to fly...... and then go home because the event was shut down early by the Coast Guard.Share a snack-Cruise the river-New bridge opens next...
- Interview with an American farmer in Kyiv 3 weeks ago I'd like to take you to Kyiv today to meet my friend Al, a former dairy farmer with a real love for Ukraine! We've been penpals for the past few years and somehow traded countries in the process :pAl, once upon a time you were living in Wisconsin and dreaming of Ukraine. Now you're sending out...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!