8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Russian away from being European? 1 week ago A long, long time ago (6 months ago?), this ad for parking popped up in Kyiv:"Be European! Buy parking tickets!"And now, as you've most likely heard after the internet blew up with protests and calls to action, there's a lot more going on with this European idea than mere parking customs.Should...
- На кухне 12: Odds and Ends 1 week ago Support your local sausage industryОй, it's been six months since the last edition of на кухне (in the kitchen)! To be honest, it feels like it's been that long since I actually cooked something. Is there anyone else out there guilty of shirking...
- What I love: Kharkiv architecture 2 weeks ago Ten of my favorite things about the architecture in this city! : )
- Snapshots of Ukrainian Life, Part 16 2 weeks ago There's a Russian-language version of the board game Monopoly. It's called (what else?) Capitalist. This is the Ukrainianized-version: Capitalist Ukraine, in which players can purchase famous landmarks and services from around the country. Cool, huh?cigarette kiosk near the Central MarketMeet...
- What is Ukraine?: an odd collection of quotes 3 weeks ago Ukrainian FAQ: all the questions Ukrainians are undoubtedly sick of answering image found on vk.comThere's one question that people always ask you more than any other when you're a foreigner living in Ukraine.Not "Where are you from?". Not "Why did you come here?".Not even "Do you like our...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$