8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Lenin's final hours 3 days ago If you live in Kharkiv or follow the news, then you know that Freedom Square's Lenin has been gone for about 3 weeks. These photographs were taken by a good friend of mine, a Ukrainian man who's become my eyes and ears in Kharkiv. He was downtown on Sunday, September 28th, just a few hours before...
- The "Ever After" 6 days ago You probably guessed this already- we're living, working, renting, and getting by in Portland, Oregon.This is a city that both of us are familiar with. It was where D landed waaaay back in the day, his very first American city. He's got great memories of the place- hiking in the forest, taking...
- Summer 2014 1 week ago This summer saw us through a long list of cities. Most of the stories were shared earlier on the blog (June, July, August), but here are a few photos that slipped through the cracks. Can you guess where they were taken? Hint: there are 8 locations.I found this monstrosity in the fridge one day....
- New stomping grounds 1 week ago Good news- we got an apartment!!It took a lot of Craigslist browsing, phone calls, and sitting around in leasing offices, but the paperwork is finally all done and the place is ours!We went on a lot of viewings. There was the fancy apartment with all hardwood floors and a haunted house next door....
- Up 2 weeks ago Keep your chin up... literally ; )A pleasant thing in this city- the towers of glass, concrete, and brick that draw everyone's attention skyward. Looking up to blue skies and sunshine, not seeing autumn's brittle fall leaves layering the sidewalks, it feels like summer all over again. Like today,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!