8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- San Francisco 6 days ago I didn't go to San Francisco, but D did. He spent a week there on a (isn't this the coolest sounding word?) командировка, business trip.Once upon a time we had talked about moving to there. The siren call of all those IT jobs almost drew us there... until we realized what the cost of...
- Penpal art + more matryoshki! 2 weeks ago A sneak peek...But first...A beautiful card arrived from Ukraine the other day.My friend not only mailed it... Anna actually created it! This piece is called Christmas Story. She has a bunch of cute postcards at http://anutas-gift.com/postcards/.That same day, a second card arrived from another...
- Snapshots of Russian summer 3 weeks ago Lock bridge, Nizhny Novgorod.It's been a quiet few weeks around here. The first two months of 2017 flew by in a blur of work and Chinese lessons. Those are pretty boring topics, so now we're trying to plan a few adventures, hoping to save the rest of the year from such boredom.No pictures from...
- Creepy park 3 weeks ago Welcome to Kelly Butte, a place guaranteed to give you the creeps.Why so creepy?If you believe that shadows of past events linger on in the present, this place is a goldmine.Start with an extinct volcano.Add a prison labor camp.Switch the labor camp for an infectious disease ward.Add an underground...
- Year Five of The Whale 1 month ago Кит is going to be 5 years old this spring. Whoa! Here's a picture of him as a 3-month old kitten vs now- what do you think? I haven't given him a whole post on this blog since he turned one. Most of that post is still true, except that his favorite food is now tied between cantaloupe and corn...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!