8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Chebureki 4 days ago Even 5500 miles from Ukraine, it's still possible to enjoy some of the same foods : )Tonight I've been thinking about chebureki, those tasty fried turnovers that I can never refuse to "sample" (by which I mean, of course, to devour 3 or 4 of them). In the Alaska days, D's mom would often make them...
- Three stories from Kharkiv 6 days ago Late July: the days of packing.It's been a month now since we've last had our own place. Nothing makes you feel college-age again like crashing with relatives ; ) I always forget how long it takes (and how awkward it is) to land somewhere and build up a new life. It is happening, though, and...
- Pictures from America 1 week ago Proof of my old lady lifestyle- pretty much the only name tag with a real name instead of a twitter handle. Last weekend D convinced me to join him at TechFestNW, a two-day extravaganza for lovers of technology, utopian futures and long TED-style lectures. I think it's safe to say that he got a...
- Kachka 2 weeks ago Clipped newspaper articles and email messages had been arriving for months- a new Russian restaurant was preparing to open in Portland and my family was psyched. My aunt's excitement was understandable, as she has studied the language for years and visited Mari Vanna, Russian Samovar, the Vodka...
- The Golden Gates of Kyiv 2 weeks ago The Golden Gates of Kyiv. Sunday, July 27th, 2014.Definitely a cool little spot to check out, even if you show up during a технологический перерыв (technological break) and don't make it inside the museum.Yaroslav the WiseBet their wedding photos turned out great! : )In other...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!