8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Pryaniki and pig fat 2 days ago This weekend I'm going to visit a friend. When I asked her what to bring (a pizza?), she suggested some Ukrainian food instead. Love this idea! :)Marie, if you read this- borsch was on the menu, but our borsch chef has fallen ill and suggested a replacement of pelmeni instead. The fun part was that...
- The last big tea roundup 1 week ago Every time we talk about tea on here, the tea collection has grown. It's been a guilty pleasure for a long time- not candles, not lotions, not lipsticks, just boxes and boxes of teas. But this really is going to be the last big tea roundup. Enjoy!Favorite Winter TeasThis is D's pick for the winter....
- Summer fun in Portland 2 weeks ago These are the colors of January in Portland. Exciting, huh? ;)But rewind 6 months and take a look at the Willamette River in August. Blue waters, clear skies, and- best of all- there was booze!A Peace Corps Ukraine podruga (and author of this acclaimed potluck dish) flew into town for 2 days with...
- 7 highlights of Ukrainian winters 3 weeks ago I love, love, love a snowy day and Ukraine was full of them. There was nothing better than waking up to a window obscured by white, even if that day was a long one of trekking around town to get from one student to the next.Here are 7 things that I looked forward to every winter...1. The quietCan't...
- A Portland winter (is one day long) 3 weeks ago About 500 days into living in Portland and it finally, finally happened-Sunday, January 3rd, 2016Kinda real winter-ish stuff!It may not look like much if you're used to the real deal, but this city is still reeling from the mighty Snowpocalypse No-Show of 2014 (check it out). An actual snow day...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!