8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy Easter! 4 days ago It's 70°F outside right now and the neighborhood's common areas are filled with picnicking families. Raw eggs dot the sidewalks, losers in the traditional holiday egg battle. Meanwhile, we've been nibbling on these tasty Easter cakes all day long, yum!Many thanks to Karina and Lera for our Easter...
- On the streets of Ukraine 5 days ago Bruce Willis selling loans?Khrushchev and Nixon selling soda?If you pinch yourself and don't wake up, then you're probably in Ukraine!"When I need money, I just take it." Bruce Willis ad for Trast Bank.Pepsi hit Ukraine hard the other summer with a throwback advertising campaign. See the rest of...
- Of marathons and mayham 1 week ago Another uncertain weekend gone by, another Saturday and Sunday that fit the pattern:Saturday = more or less normal, Sunday = mass protests, marches, violence.There's something about Sundays... they've become a day to dread in eastern Ukraine. It's like Monday through Saturday people go to work and...
- A no-work Wednesday 1 week ago No classes yesterday! Met up with a friend for a разговорный обмен (language exchange) over 35 uah business lunches.Finally got to use some new purchases, as the city had its (I think?) first thunderstorm of the year.My official first umbrella ever! Catty, of course :pAlso,...
- Newspapers in the time of Euromaidan 2 weeks ago I'm a little confused about Euromaidan. It seems like such a long time ago... or was it? So much has happened. Is happening. Do these new events still qualify as Euromaidan? Or should they get their own title?Months ago, people waited for things to "return to normal". Now "normal" has become an...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!