8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- May 1 week ago It's been a quiet May so far and poised to get even quieter. After getting back from our trip, we've been making a few quick visits to see friends and family because of a small procedure (this thing again) in a few days.... hello internet-browsing bed rest ; ) Last weekend we caught the bus up to...
- Sightseeing in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago Recently I read this idea from a Semester at Sea grad: never let your age get larger than the number of countries you've been to. Awesome, awesome idea. And I feel so behind :pStill, there's something to be said for going back to a place you visited before. Years ago, my best friend celebrated her...
- Dream vacation! 2 weeks ago Back in a long and gray February, we were dreaming of the Lands of Sun... meaning pretty much anywhere south of here. I started to pay closer attention to those "act now- big savings!" emails that always get past the spam filters and this was the result- two perfect long weeks with my favorite guy...
- Interview with a Kharkiv expat 3 weeks ago Meet João, a friendly Portugese expat currently living in Kharkiv, Ukraine!João, tell us a little about yourself and your life before Ukraine.I studied International Relations and this part of Europe got me interested, not only due to its history but also the Slavic culture. Before Ukraine I...
- Snapshots of American Life 3 4 weeks ago Portland has been Portland-y this spring.Ahhhh... ate SO MUCH STUFF this month- it's like we woke up from hibernation or something.I know there's supposed to be a moratorium on new teas, but... After a long absence, Ukraine showed up in the newspaper again.His highness, as usual, had no interest...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!