8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Stash tea haul 2 days ago I am LOVING the tea situation in the United States. The grocery store alone has a vast selection of different brands and blends; add in the possibilities available on the internet and the choice is infinite!Recently I've been noticing a number of little tea shops downtown that sell their own loose...
- Epiphany 5 days ago Ukraine celebrated Epiphany a few days ago, which reminded me of these videos from last year's celebration at the Kharkiv park known as Sarzhin Yar. It was the second year in a row that I stayed home to sleep in and D got up early and went to the park with his colleagues. Crowds and a glimpse of...
- Mini NYE recap 6 days ago This year we celebrated New Year's Eve with D's family, so it was a night full of my favorite thing: champagne-fueled, animated conversations in a foreign language! Here are six photos from that night-Go early in the day, they said. Don't get stuck in New Year's Eve traffic. Good advice, but we...
- Winter waterfall 1 week ago For the ultimate in creepy beautiful...Drive to the forest.Make sure it's good and green...... the kind of place where an elf or ogre might appear if your back is turned too long.Wait for dusk to fall heavily upon the land, wiping out the sky.Orient yourself. Look around for a bridge perhaps...
- Virtual matryoshka haul (and more) 2 weeks ago I love the matryoshka (aka Russian nesting doll). Put a matryoshka on anything and I will probably buy it. That's what lead me to a very thorough scouring of the internet last night. Behold, the results!Well, first behold these fun salt and pepper shakers from a friend.Stickers. Stamps. Fabric. A...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!