8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- 3 Ukrainian empties 11 hours ago Three old favorites that we just used up-1. Here's what the lady at the аптека presented when I asked for sleeping pills. Turns out that yes, they make you sleepy, but more than that- they make you SNACKY. It's probably a good thing that they're all gone.2. In the US, spices tend to come in...
- Snapshots of early fall 1 week ago Outside it's still a subtle fall- but it's fall full-blast if you look inside the stores and restaurants here.This bombardment of Autumn! Buy all the autumn things! makes me feel a bit like this:... but I'll admit, it is fun to try new stuff (which means, of course, tea anything):In the kitchen...
- September weekends 1 week ago Honestly, to this day I continue plotting on how to escape Portland. (The whole bloom where you're planted thing has not taken root.) But nope, still here, meaning Fall #2 in this apartment. We even made it all the way to the opening of the newest downtown bridge, something I thought we'd miss by...
- One Nicaraguan sunset 2 weeks ago My Spanish teacher had me memorize a poem by the Nicaraguan poet Ruben Dario-Qué alegre y fresca la mañanita! A morning so happy and fresh! Me agarra el aire por la nariz: I take in a deep breathlos perros ladran, un chico grita Dogs bark, a boy yellsy una ...
- Nicaragua homestay 2 weeks ago A sweet family with babies, cats, and a guard dog- what else do you need? :)Guard dog Negro, on duty.Negro, off duty!That's Luna next to him. She's not shy at all about asking for attention and lots of it.If you can catch her awake, that is.Then there's Mancha, the cat who prefers life on the roof...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!