8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Snapshots 6 days ago Odds and ends from earlier this spring...Weekend hike with D.The Revive! course finished and Madeleine sent everyone mail. (http://8monthsinukraine.blogspot.com/2017/04/revive_12.html)Rainy days on the Willamette.Sunny days on the Willamette.My parents traveled to Japan and brought back this little...
- Low tide 1 week ago 10 AM, Memorial Day weekend. The tide was out- way out- and we were on the beach.Usually, the waves come all the way up to this big rock. To cross to the other side of the beach, you need to stumble through a a dark tunnel filled with logs and rocks. But that morning, crossing to the other side...
- Things I (don't) miss 3 weeks ago I just found a little folder on my computer called Things I won't miss. It must be from a few years ago, just after we moved to Portland. These are 4 things I thought I would never miss about living in Ukraine....but now, I actually have a soft spot for most of them!#1. Handwritten signs like this...
- Penpal mail 1 month ago Privet! And hooray, penpal mail! We got back in town to find this awesome package* waiting in the mail. I can't wait to show you everything in it!*Minus the cat, of course :pD's mom had a great birthday. It was a 'day at sea' on the cruise ship, so we wandered around all afternoon and then had some...
- Lunch in Kazan 1 month ago This short post will take you back to one of my favorite places: Kazan!We had lunch in two cool restaurants in Kazan. The first was at Туган Авылым (that's Tatar for Home Village). Туган Авылым is a large complex that takes up an entire block. Inside its walls, you'll find a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!