8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Rainy day quotes 2 weeks ago The rain is finally here! This fall I've been working from home as an online English teacher, meaning lots of peeking out the window at the rain + lots of weather updates from abroad. Most of the students are Ukrainians (hooray!) so that makes Ukraine seem a little less far away. All the students...
- Snapshots of American Life: Halloween 3 weeks ago Got through another Halloween sans costume! The last time we actually dressed up was the year we went to a party as "blackmail" (black clothes + a letter around the neck) and "a shot in the dark" (black clothes + a shotglass around the neck). Yeah, those ideas didn't work well. Everyone else at the...
- Desert Botanical Garden, Arizona 4 weeks ago One hour is just enough time for a quick wander through Phoenix's Desert Botanical Garden minus the sunburn.There are over 21,000 plants in this garden, meaning plenty of unique contenders for 'Most Awesome Plant Name Ever'.I think 'Shin Dagger' takes the cake on this one, but 'Strawberry Hedgehog...
- Papago Park, Arizona 4 weeks ago In September I got to spend a half-day in a place I'd always wanted to visit- the southwestern US! There's a magnetic draw to the heat, desert landscapes, mystical power vortexes, and massive sandstorms of that region. We didn't encounter any vortexes or sandstorms on this visit, but there was...
- A farewell to Ukrainian street art 2 months ago Even though there have been a ton of posts about Ukraine's street art on this blog, I still have more pictures left over.Seeing as how it's been 1.5 years since we left Kharkiv, it's probably time to dust these guys off and make space on the computer for new photos. (There are also a few repeats in...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!