8 Months In Ukraine
Latest Blog Posts »
- Sad Russian Poetry Night 1 day ago No one can be as gloomy as a Russian poet. Go on, I dare you, try to beat this... Ночь, улица, фонарь, аптека (Блок) Night, street, street-lamp, drugstore (Alexander Blok)Ночь, улица, фонарь, аптека,Бессмысленный и тусклый...
- ZooLights 2014 4 days ago What's cooler than thousands of Christmas lights in one place?(Answer: nothing!)This holiday tradition has been going on for almost as many years as I've been alive but this is (I think?) the first time I've ever been to Portland's ZooLights winter festival. We went on an icy Sunday night at the...
- The Ghosts of Christmas Past 1 week ago Kharkiv, Freedom Square. 2012.Kharkiv, train station. 2013.Portland, Pioneer Square. 2014.Although these trees all look similar, it's a different feeling to be preparing for the holidays this year.This year there will be a brief flash of activity on Dec 24th and 25th before regular life resumes,...
- Kharkiv Cat Mafia 2 weeks ago There's a crumbling brick house off Pushkinska street, wedged between a real estate agency and an apartment building. For most of the people who live in this area, it's nothing more than a mundane parking spot. Others, though, can tell you what this place really is: home of the Kharkiv cat...
- Tea tour 2 weeks ago To totally misquote Tinie Tempah, I live a very very very tea lifestyle. It hasn't always been like this. I blame it on D; he says he never remembers a time in his life when there wasn't tea. "My parents probably put it in my baby bottle", he laughs.It all began when we started dating. D lived in a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ukraine Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Ukraine!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on 8 Months In Ukraine
15:34 PM November 22, 2012
Great blog about life in one of the hardest and farthest cities to visit in Ukraine. Good advice on where to work and what to see and do while in Kharkiv, Ukraina!
17:45 PM November 22, 2012
8 Months In Ukraine is an exceptional blog: well written, entertaining, engaging, and full of fascinating anecdotes about life in Kharkov. Have you ever wondered what getting dental work done in Ukraine would be like? Well, now you can find out. I highly recommend following 8 Months In Ukraine!
22:04 PM November 23, 2012
Really good blog with many useful things that will come in handy if you're gonna visit Ukraine and especially Kharkiv!
17:21 PM November 29, 2012
I love the way Katherine writes, very entertaining and insightful. And she obviously loves Ukraine as she's been blogging for longer than the name of the blog suggests:) Looking forward to many more posts!
16:18 PM December 01, 2012
Katherine has a very keen eye and a concise writing style to relate her observations. Often when I read her posts, I think- how could I have missed that thing? I pass by it every day and yet she notices it.
05:38 AM June 09, 2013
Hi denis I read all the story u told us. My grandfather reads it everyday am sorry of your loss in 400$
19:30 PM April 10, 2014
I love this blog because it doesn't always focus on the negatives now going on Ukraine, it shows the rest of the world that life goes on, even when war threatens. It's refreshing to hear what's really happening to everyday people, rather than the hyped-up media versions of tragedy. Katherine is honest and forthright in her writing, and when I read her blog it's like getting a glimpse into a place I will never get to see, but would love to now that I know more about it, thanks to her writing. I hope she continues to write for as long as possible, no matter where she is!