Latest Blog Posts »
- Mojácar's Broken Dream 1 day ago Mojácar, as has been said before, could have been 'a player'. Here is an ambitious plan dating back to the early years of the 21st Century to build a bus station, offices, shops, apartments, a multi-story car park and a hotel in the street called Avenida de París which runs past the Pavana along...
- Sin Título 4 days ago Maybe too much for Facebook... The truth is out there!
- Sails and Sea Horses 1 week ago A nice picture from Almería. The coast to the east towards Costacabana is 'unspoiled' - as a dreamer might call it - since there is little more than a pedestrian route and a road close to a narrow pebbly beach, covered nonchalantly with garbage. On the other side of the road, instead of expensive...
- El Palacio de los Chavarrí, 1956 2 weeks ago A young man called Zach Allen spent a few months in 1956 staying in a palace between Garrucha and Mojácar. This was the Palacio de los Chavarrí, now repaired, rebuilt and turned into a hotel called Fergus.In those days, when there was almost no one living in Mojácar - they talk of just 600...
- Some Friends 2 weeks ago There's nothing like a barbeque with some Spanish friends, a few horses, some wine and a guitar.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Spanish Shilling
07:19 AM January 10, 2013
Long-time blog written by someone who really knows (and likes) Spain. Humorous and informative
20:45 PM September 23, 2014
Always worth reading. Interesting, informative and often uplifting.