Latest Blog Posts »
- Franco is Still Dead (Although, He Does Seem to be Moving Slightly) 4 days ago I was a handsome young fellow in those days, un señorito if I say so myself. I was living in Mojácar in a society of older and generally rather drunken Europeans and a sprinkling of Spaniards who treated us, in those days, with a mixture of no-doubt gratitude and respect, as we learned a few...
- SOMOS Mojácar. 1 week ago
- High in the Sierras: A Visit to Trevélez, Granada 2 weeks ago We had taken the car out for the day, somewhere. Maybe to Tabernas, I said, or along the coast to find some more fiddler crabs. The car sped along heading, apparently, inland from Almería. 'Or we could go to Trevélez', I said, 'they do trout there'. There's no map in the car, and the GPS doodab...
- Learning English 2 weeks ago I had made a comment elsewhere about the number of English-language schools in Almería, including one with the odd name of 'The Mancunian Academy', which presumably teaches its students to speak the Queen's English with a flat Manchester twang. A friend from that city laughed when I told him and...
- Lorca Procession, Easter Friday 1 month ago Some pictures from the Lorca festival on Friday's Viernes Santo. The show - a mixture of the religious and the pagan - has penitentes, musical bands, Roman legions, chariot races, religious floats, Egyptians, trick-riding from horsemen and women, devils, emperors and a star turn by the Four...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Spanish Shilling
07:19 AM January 10, 2013
Long-time blog written by someone who really knows (and likes) Spain. Humorous and informative
20:45 PM September 23, 2014
Always worth reading. Interesting, informative and often uplifting.