Latest Blog Posts »
- Hotel Algarrobico. A Decision? 1 week ago The issue of the Hotel Algarrobico was due to be resolved this past September. But, as usual and to nobody's surprise, it wasn't. It's an ugly building, erected on the coast (there wouldn't be much point on erecting it in the interior, now would there?). The hotel is twenty stories tall and has -...
- Medio Ambiente Fails Again: Cabo de Gata 2 weeks ago The Cabo de Gata is a beautiful and untouched area outside the city of Almería. You may have to pass through some plastic farms to get there, but once in the tiny villages of Pozo de los Frailes or San José, the charm kicks in with a vengeance. Small restaurants and bijou hotels, a port in San...
- The Ascent of Old Mojácar 4 weeks ago
- Mojácar Could Have Been a Contender... 4 weeks ago There’s not much acknowledgment of history in Mojácar as a rule, so we’ll gloss over the first few thousand years of the town and arrive, breathless, in the times of the Mayor Jacinto Alarcón, in the early sixties. That perhaps modest wave of artists, the Indalianos, mainly from Almería (a...
- Bullfighting on Horseback 2 months ago Bullfighters on horseback, the Spanish rejoneadores. This was the offer on Saturday 30th August, the last day of a six-day bullfight festival in Almería. the top picture is of the alguaciles, who keep the Law. The second picture shows the three rejoneadores - Hermoso de Mendoza, Leonardo...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Spanish Shilling
07:19 AM January 10, 2013
Long-time blog written by someone who really knows (and likes) Spain. Humorous and informative
20:45 PM September 23, 2014
Always worth reading. Interesting, informative and often uplifting.