Latest Blog Posts »
- The Worm Has Turned: British Ex-pats May Have a New Champion 1 week ago Spain is stuck in a year of elections. We had the Andalucian ones back in late March – still unresolved and now with the threat of fresh Andalucía elections for September. We face local elections across the country on May 24th. These are joined on the same day by regional elections in most parts...
- Pointing Percy at the Porcelain. 1 week ago While Spain has made leaps and bounds in almost every sphere, public lavatories still need some way to go. We may no longer be in the field of the old travel guide who recommended under 'Conveniences' to 'where possible, best start your own', but there are still a few problems that need ironing...
- Franco is Still Dead (Although, He Does Seem to be Moving Slightly) 3 weeks ago I was a handsome young fellow in those days, un señorito if I say so myself. I was living in Mojácar in a society of older and generally rather drunken Europeans and a sprinkling of Spaniards who treated us, in those days, with a mixture of no-doubt gratitude and respect, as we learned a few...
- SOMOS Mojácar. 2 months ago
- High in the Sierras: A Visit to Trevélez, Granada 1 month ago We had taken the car out for the day, somewhere. Maybe to Tabernas, I said, or along the coast to find some more fiddler crabs. The car sped along heading, apparently, inland from Almería. 'Or we could go to Trevélez', I said, 'they do trout there'. There's no map in the car, and the GPS doodab...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Spanish Shilling
07:19 AM January 10, 2013
Long-time blog written by someone who really knows (and likes) Spain. Humorous and informative
20:45 PM September 23, 2014
Always worth reading. Interesting, informative and often uplifting.