Latest Blog Posts »
- Looking a Gift Horse in the Wallet 1 week ago The richest man in the world – sometimes, when he isn’t ousted to second place by Bill Gates – is Spain’s Amancio Ortega. He is estimatedto have 71 thousand million euros as of November last year. (His daughter Sandra has another 7,600 million). Sr Ortega’s wealth comes from his Inditex...
- Banco Popular 2 weeks ago On Wednesday, the announcement was made. The Banco Popularhad been sold to the Banco Santander for one euro. El País in English says – ‘Spain’s Banco Santander has bought the struggling Banco Popular for one euro in order to prevent its collapse, according to a statement released on...
- Business over Tapas 3 weeks ago A weekly subscription review of Spain's business, tourism, politics, corruption, housing and other useful information, with links to the Spanish and foreign media. No adverts, no fluff, no Leapy Lee. Ask for a complimentary copy. Also on Facebook here.
- If Catalonia Were To Go... 1 month ago Spain's numbers would change with the departure of Catalonia.'It would mean the loss of 25-30% of Spain’s gross domestic product (GDP), says Spain’s Minister of the Economy, Luis de Guindos. And that’s something the government “will never let happen.”...'. Quote taken from Wolf Street...
- El sueño de la razón produce monstruos 1 month ago
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Spanish Shilling
07:19 AM January 10, 2013
Long-time blog written by someone who really knows (and likes) Spain. Humorous and informative
20:45 PM September 23, 2014
Always worth reading. Interesting, informative and often uplifting.