Latest Blog Posts »
- Introducing Children to Welsh Through Song, with Babi Bach the Album 4 days ago My 4-year-old has just learned her first Welsh word ,’canu’ meaning to sing. How does a child living in the US with non- Welsh speaking parents learn such a word? From the wonderful, bilingual album, the girls received as a gift. … Continue reading →
- Outdoor Playspace in Your Own Backyard. 3 weeks ago I recently hosted a party for friends and their families. I was surprised at the comments I received about my garden being an exciting place for children as I often think of it as small with too many trees and very little grass. … Continue reading →
- Making a Play Table from an Electrical Spool 3 months ago I find play value in everything. This isn’t always an admirable quality. My house overflows with strange objects and if anyone offers random things for free, I perk up like an eager child in class. I’m certain it’s an occupational hazard and I’m not alone. … Continue reading...
- A Natural Playground 4 months ago Young children have an immense curiosity about the natural world – the challenge is to stop them from losing it! Nurture that precious sense of wonder …….. A little empathy and enthusiasm is all you need to encourage children to … Continue reading →
- Let's Welcome Autism with Open Arms 4 months ago Today is world autism awareness day. I worked with children on the spectrum and their families for many years. Each child was different and wonderful in their own way. Often fear of the unknown drives people to keep their distance, … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top Tips for Grocery Shopping in the US Writing Contest March 2013 When I moved to the US I expected shopping to be different. In particular I expected a lot of processed foods and fewer fresh items. In some ways I was pleasantly surprised, fruit and veg sections are abundant with a large amount of organic produce,...
- Chewing Gum as a Reward?… Getting Acquainted with Weird American School Customs Education and International Schools Starting school in America has taken a bit of getting used to for my daughter and me. Certain things we expected to be different like spelling and history but some we didn’t anticipate, like having to re-learn the words for punctuation. Her...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » rightfromthestart has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!