Latest Blog Posts »
- Woodland Park Zoo for Under 8's 1 week ago When I ask the girls where they would like to go, a popular response is the zoo. In the UK we were members of Bristol Zoo and visited there regularly. Having membership made our visits more relaxed, we didn’t have … Continue reading →
- Finding the Perfect Preschool 3 weeks ago Regular readers will remember that when I moved to the US, I struggled to find a preschool that I was entirely happy with. I became so disillusioned that I decided to home preschool for a year. I’d lost faith of ever finding … Continue reading →
- Introducing Children to Welsh Through Song, with Babi Bach the Album 3 months ago My 4-year-old has just learned her first Welsh word ,’canu’ meaning to sing. How does a child living in the US with non- Welsh speaking parents learn such a word? From the wonderful, bilingual album, the girls received as a gift. … Continue reading →
- Outdoor Playspace in Your Own Backyard. 3 months ago I recently hosted a party for friends and their families. I was surprised at the comments I received about my garden being an exciting place for children as I often think of it as small with too many trees and very little grass. … Continue reading →
- Making a Play Table from an Electrical Spool 5 months ago I find play value in everything. This isn’t always an admirable quality. My house overflows with strange objects and if anyone offers random things for free, I perk up like an eager child in class. I’m certain it’s an occupational hazard and I’m not alone. … Continue reading...
Contest Entries »
- Top Tips for Grocery Shopping in the US Writing Contest March 2013 When I moved to the US I expected shopping to be different. In particular I expected a lot of processed foods and fewer fresh items. In some ways I was pleasantly surprised, fruit and veg sections are abundant with a large amount of organic produce,...
- Chewing Gum as a Reward?… Getting Acquainted with Weird American School Customs Education and International Schools Starting school in America has taken a bit of getting used to for my daughter and me. Certain things we expected to be different like spelling and history but some we didn’t anticipate, like having to re-learn the words for punctuation. Her...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » rightfromthestart has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!