Latest Blog Posts »
- Water Play in the Rain 1 day ago Once children are helped to perceive themselves as authors or inventors, once they are helped to discover the pleasure of enquiry, their motivation and interest explode. – Loris Malaguzzi. We’ve had a few rainy days so I decided to leave … Continue reading →
- Ideas for Learning Environments Inspired by Children's Museum of Tacoma 3 days ago I’d never heard of a Children’s Museum before I moved here but as I entered the door I was greeted by a little bit of play heaven. I think I was more excited than the girls. My 9 -year-old remarked … Continue reading →
- The Land of Song - A Guest Post for St. David's Day 1 week ago Today we have a St. David’s Day guest post from Penni Carr. I met Penni during my musical theatre days (sorry Penni for the old photo). She went on to become a professional actress and since becoming a mum, has founded … Continue reading →
- Preschool 'Art'- Process Versus Product 3 weeks ago What is Children’s Art? As adults, artists are generally referred to in terms of the product they create - painters, sculptors, musicians or dancers. When we create ‘art’ we might think about what we are going draw or make before we begin. When … Continue reading →
- Winter Olympic Themed Play 4 weeks ago My regular readers may remember that during the London 2012 Olympics we staged our own Olympics in the garden. Record low temperatures have arrived at the perfect time for us to stage our own Winter Olympics. We built skis and … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top Tips for Grocery Shopping in the US Writing Contest March 2013 When I moved to the US I expected shopping to be different. In particular I expected a lot of processed foods and fewer fresh items. In some ways I was pleasantly surprised, fruit and veg sections are abundant with a large amount of organic produce,...
- Chewing Gum as a Reward?… Getting Acquainted with Weird American School Customs Education and International Schools Starting school in America has taken a bit of getting used to for my daughter and me. Certain things we expected to be different like spelling and history but some we didn’t anticipate, like having to re-learn the words for punctuation. Her...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » rightfromthestart has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!