Latest Blog Posts »
- America's Most Playful Family? 1 week ago We have recently received some very exciting news. Our family have been selected from over 700 applicants as one of 50 semi-finalists in America’s Most Playful Family Contest. To enter we were asked to answer a number of questions … Continue reading →
- For my children... 2 weeks ago Originally posted on memsandbeingmum:I was asked to write a guest post (re-blogged below) for the lovely http://www.stumblinginflats.com. Do take at look at her site. She connects with many other MS bloggers/survivors and is keen to network with others. Thanks to…
- Outdoor Play: Springtime 3 weeks ago Springtime in Seattle is as unpredictable as springtime in the UK. Today we have glorious sunshine, yesterday we played in the ice and frost and a week ago we were playing in the rain. Whatever the weather the girls are drawn … Continue reading →
- How to Make Hot Cross Buns 3 weeks ago I love Hot Cross Buns. Years ago there was a bakery near my flat that baked the very best Hot Cross Buns, huge, glazed and sticky. I am yet to find anywhere here that sells them, so we decided to try making our own. … Continue reading →
- Furchester Hotel - The Sesame Street Gang Come to CBeebies 1 month ago It always feels good to get a little something from CBeebies drop into my inbox. We miss CBeebies quality programming featuring British accents and no adverts. American children’s television isn’t all bad though. Through childhood, student years and as … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top Tips for Grocery Shopping in the US Writing Contest March 2013 When I moved to the US I expected shopping to be different. In particular I expected a lot of processed foods and fewer fresh items. In some ways I was pleasantly surprised, fruit and veg sections are abundant with a large amount of organic produce,...
- Chewing Gum as a Reward?… Getting Acquainted with Weird American School Customs Education and International Schools Starting school in America has taken a bit of getting used to for my daughter and me. Certain things we expected to be different like spelling and history but some we didn’t anticipate, like having to re-learn the words for punctuation. Her...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » rightfromthestart has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!