Latest Blog Posts »
- Making a Play Table from an Electrical Spool 3 weeks ago I find play value in everything. This isn’t always an admirable quality. My house overflows with strange objects and if anyone offers random things for free, I perk up like an eager child in class. I’m certain it’s an occupational hazard and I’m not alone. … Continue reading...
- A Natural Playground 1 month ago Young children have an immense curiosity about the natural world – the challenge is to stop them from losing it! Nurture that precious sense of wonder …….. A little empathy and enthusiasm is all you need to encourage children to … Continue reading →
- Let's Welcome Autism with Open Arms 2 months ago Today is world autism awareness day. I worked with children on the spectrum and their families for many years. Each child was different and wonderful in their own way. Often fear of the unknown drives people to keep their distance, … Continue reading →
- The Mirror Table 2 months ago The girls often enjoy mirror play, I’ve tried a number of different types. I love this big one but it is very fragile and difficult to store. For small projects, I have an oval mirror in a tray but it isn’t … Continue reading →
- British Children Learning to Read and Write in the US. 3 months ago I knew my youngest children would learn to read and write in the US and as a result I would have to accept that they would spell differently and use American phrases and grammar. There are some unexpected differences however that I … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top Tips for Grocery Shopping in the US Writing Contest March 2013 When I moved to the US I expected shopping to be different. In particular I expected a lot of processed foods and fewer fresh items. In some ways I was pleasantly surprised, fruit and veg sections are abundant with a large amount of organic produce,...
- Chewing Gum as a Reward?… Getting Acquainted with Weird American School Customs Education and International Schools Starting school in America has taken a bit of getting used to for my daughter and me. Certain things we expected to be different like spelling and history but some we didn’t anticipate, like having to re-learn the words for punctuation. Her...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » rightfromthestart has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!