Latest Blog Posts »
- Outdoor Play: More Fun with Ice - Winter Pirates, Icicles and Little Scientists. 4 days ago Ice Ornaments and Icicles A few weeks ago we filled up my baking tins with water that we coloured with powder paint and dropped all manner of things into them. Shells, berries, leaves, sequins, buttons and even a stone were … Continue reading →
- Thanksgiving - A Festival to Say Thank You for Turkeys? 2 weeks ago As an outsider ‘Thanksgiving’ is a bit of a mystery. My basic understanding is that is a time to say thank you, get together with family and eat a big turkey meal and is associated with harvest festival. However, as … Continue reading →
- Outdoor Play - Icy Discoveries on a Cold and Frosty Morning 2 weeks ago I used to love frosty days when I was a kid because we could pretend to ice skate to school or breathe like a dragon. The same sense of wonder came over my girls when they looked out on a … Continue reading →
- Perfectly Imperfect Women (Choir is Not for Geeks) 3 weeks ago When I was young, Musical Theatre was my life. While my friends spent their Saturday afternoons choosing lipstick in Woolworths, I was rehearsing for my next show. When my job sent me into a frenzy of boredom, the excitement of finding … Continue reading →
- 10 Preschool Activities using Leftover Pumpkins 3 weeks ago We were a little disorganised this year and didn’t get our pumpkins until Hallowe’en. It seemed such a shame to throw them away almost as soon as we had made them. To avoid this the pumpkins were incorporated into our play, … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top Tips for Grocery Shopping in the US Writing Contest March 2013 When I moved to the US I expected shopping to be different. In particular I expected a lot of processed foods and fewer fresh items. In some ways I was pleasantly surprised, fruit and veg sections are abundant with a large amount of organic produce,...
- Chewing Gum as a Reward?… Getting Acquainted with Weird American School Customs Education and International Schools Starting school in America has taken a bit of getting used to for my daughter and me. Certain things we expected to be different like spelling and history but some we didn’t anticipate, like having to re-learn the words for punctuation. Her...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » rightfromthestart has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!