New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- River of Lights!!! 1 week ago Ciao Readers! Happy Festivus! So, while I have one more Italy blog in me (“Siena’s 500+ year-old Palio: violent horse race or community therapy?”), it’s going to take some research and be a little heady, and after the melancholy note on which I left my last post, I thought I’d share some...
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A. Lovely light-hearted photos; B. It's been a weird week 3 weeks ago Ciao Readers! Happy Thanksgiving Week! It’s already the end of my trip and I’m still trying to process the past week. In the past I’ve noted that travel blogs are best kept light-hearted with lots of photos, lest you lose your audience. However, this has been a weird week and it deserves some...
- Truffle Hunting! 4 weeks ago Ciao Readers! Happy Monday! Today (Sunday) I got to do something amazing that I had no idea I was going to do – I went on a real truffle hunt! So, to back up for a bit, when we lived in Florence we went to a fabulous truffle “sagra” (“sagra” = festival) in San Miniato. […]
- Benvenuti a Siena! 1 month ago Ciao Readers! Well, here I am in lovely Siena Italy (after a “short” journey involving 2 cars, 2 planes and 3 trains)! I got in yesterday afternoon and did all I could to stay up and sleep in ’till Italy times, but alas, I was asleep before 8 and awake at 4. Fortunately, it was […]
- Fun Fact: iPads are NOT machine-washable 1 month ago Ciao Readers! Happy (not) Daylight Savings! If you’re thinking it’s been a while since I’ve posted, you are correct. AND, if you’re thinking I am posting now because I may be headed off somewhere, you are two-for-two! So before (and after) I give the low-down, I have two embarrassing...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.