New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- What's in a Name? (or the tale of two "Las Vegas Suites") 2 days ago Ciao Readers! I think I’ve mentioned more than once that we took a road trip over Spring Break. We started off in Las Vegas, splurging with a great AAA rate for 2 nights at the Bellagio (I’ve always wanted to stay there). When I was checking us in, the concierge asked if we were there […]
- Once Upon a Passport (with never-before seen photos) 1 week ago Ciao Readers! Today I am going to wax nostalgic, so your indulgence is required (and appreciated). As we were planning for our Winter 2015/2016 trip to Europe it dawned on me that my passport might expire before then. I checked, and sure enough it was getting close – can you imagine going to...
- The Shake Shack Saga Continues (do-it-yourself version) 2 weeks ago Ciao Readers! So, that last post really exacerbated my longing for a Shake Shack burger (and I am glad I amused at least one of you who knows I was a long-time vegetarian). I confess that I am one of those people who, once they get an idea in their head, can’t let it go […]
- My Semi-Requited Love (of Shake Shack burgers) 3 weeks ago Ciao Readers! If you’re been reading my blog, you know that I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about, watching tv shows about, searching out, and cooking food. I am not sure if that makes me a “foodie,” a “food snob” or something else less complimentary and more...
- Tutti a Tavola a Mangiare! (or why Lydia Bastianich is super cool) 3 weeks ago Ciao Readers! Today I return to one of my favorite dual pastimes – watching cooking shows and then getting off the couch, compelled to cook what I just watched the TV chef cook (and as an added bonus, traveling to Italy vicariously). If you’ll recall, I talked about this in a previous post,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.