New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Ack - I joined twitter! 2 days ago Ciao Readers! So, those of you who know me know I don’t (didn’t) buy into the whole social media hoopla…. Well, long story short, I decided I can’t accomplish everything I may want to in the travel-blogging world under my anti-social Luddite rock. So I bit the bullet, joined Twitter...
- Newyorktoitaly 2 weeks ago Ciao Readers! It’s been awhile! So, the title of this post is a play on the title of my blog, and a preview of some hopefully exciting blogs to come. I am off to New York next week to run the NYC half marathon (check out the very cool course – map below). As you […]
- Have You Met Hieronymus Bosch? 1 year ago Ciao Readers! Today I introduce my latest artist obsession – Hieronymus Bosch. Now, I admittedly know very little about Bosch (apparently no one does)*, but what I’ve seen of his works, he deserves much more attention than he gets (plus, how great is his name?). He lived and painted during the...
- Five Reasons to Boycott Valentine's Day 1 year ago Ciao Readers! So, today I go off on a tangent (i.e. mini-rant); one of my only posts not about travel or food. I figure, I have this grand public forum, why not totally abuse it? If you don’t know this about me, I HATE (yes H-A-T-E) Valentine’s Day and have since I was a teenager. […]
- Ode to the Perfect Fry 1 year ago Ciao Readers! And HAPPY FRIDAY! Today I wax poetic about the most humble of foods, but one that if done correctly can be elevated to soaring heights of yumminess….the simple fry (or frites). Probably a remnant of my 1.5 years working at McDonalds as a teenager, I used to think fries were...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.