New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fur Coats (or how New York is [and is not] like Florence) 1 hour ago Ciao Readers! In my last post I mentioned a trip to New York we took in January. Part of the reason I love going to New York is because (in some ways) it reminds me of Italy (most importantly the food!). Which got me thinking, as I often do, about the similarities and difference between […]
- New Mexico to Italy Blog is Back (sort of)! 2 days ago Ciao Readers! I’ve missed you! And I’ve missed blogging! So…. I’ve decided to get back to blogging with an updated name – “New Mexico to Italy …and beyond!” I hope you’ll stick around as I tell tales of recent travels and travels yet to come (including travels back to...
- Seriously, MORE Festivals?!?! (yes, but this time there's cheddar!) 4 months ago Originally posted on New Mexico to Italy:Ciao Readers! Okay, if you’re tired of hearing about all of the festivals here, this is not the post for you. Then again, if you’re a festival junkie like me, read on… It’s almost hard for me to believe how many festivals there are here in...
- Oops! 8 months ago Sorry all if you got an un-Italy related e-mail. I just set up a website for my neighborhood association and it got posted to the wrong blog. If you’re interested in the other one, it’s: www.laderawest.org Hope you all are well!Filed under: Uncategorized
- InterNations Magazine Article (featuring ME) 1 year ago Ciao Readers! So, I am trying to write this on an iPad as I am out of town and I can’t actually see what I’ve typed (weird)… So I will make this short…. My friend Bobbi, who I met in Florence through her blog http://www.goal42.wordpress.com, had the idea to write an article about our...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.