New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Have You Met Hieronymus Bosch? 8 months ago Ciao Readers! Today I introduce my latest artist obsession – Hieronymus Bosch. Now, I admittedly know very little about Bosch (apparently no one does)*, but what I’ve seen of his works, he deserves much more attention than he gets (plus, how great is his name?). He lived and painted during the...
- Five Reasons to Boycott Valentine's Day 8 months ago Ciao Readers! So, today I go off on a tangent (i.e. mini-rant); one of my only posts not about travel or food. I figure, I have this grand public forum, why not totally abuse it? If you don’t know this about me, I HATE (yes H-A-T-E) Valentine’s Day and have since I was a teenager. […]
- Ode to the Perfect Fry 8 months ago Ciao Readers! And HAPPY FRIDAY! Today I wax poetic about the most humble of foods, but one that if done correctly can be elevated to soaring heights of yumminess….the simple fry (or frites). Probably a remnant of my 1.5 years working at McDonalds as a teenager, I used to think fries were...
- Eating and Art in Amsterdam 8 months ago Ciao Readers! Today we go back to one of my favorite topics – the art of Van Gogh, with some yummy food thrown in for good measure. Despite catching colds and being rained on for several days, we ate well and overloaded on art while in Amsterdam. Being from land-locked, non-cosmopolitan New...
- Paris, afterward.....afterward (more photos than philosophy) 9 months ago Bonjour Readers! And Happy Birthday to me!!! Today I feel compelled to put the book-end on my “Paris, afterward….before” post. As you recall, at that point (late November) I was pondering the effects the recent terrorist attacks would have on Paris (and more selfishly, our enjoyment of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.