New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- InterNations Magazine Article (featuring ME) 8 months ago Ciao Readers! So, I am trying to write this on an iPad as I am out of town and I can’t actually see what I’ve typed (weird)… So I will make this short…. My friend Bobbi, who I met in Florence through her blog http://www.goal42.wordpress.com, had the idea to write an article about our...
- Balloon Fiesta Fun! 10 months ago Hola Readers! It’s been quite a while! As you know, we’re back here in the Land of Enchantment…and one of the most enchanting things about New Mexico (and Albuquerque in particular) is the International Balloon Fiesta! This morning the weather was perfect and there were hundreds of...
- A Photo-Filled Foodie Farewell to Florence! 1 year ago Ciao Readers! Well it has been quite some time! I didn’t think I could leave Florence without one “farewell” post to say goodbye to all of things we have enjoyed about our temporary home. And what better way to end our stay (and my blog) than with a cooking class! Specifically, a...
- A Trip to the Italian Emergency Room 1 year ago Ciao Readers! Well, as at least one of you predicted, experiences continue to happen that warrant (scream out) to be blogged about. Today was just such an adventure. Lest you worry, everyone is (basically) okay. You may remember my blog about “The Gaudí House” – a unique looking house...
- I'm not going out like The Fonz 1 year ago Ciao Readers! And Happy Birthday Mom! As some of you may remember (and others of you may have heard about from us elders), when I was a kid there was a very popular t.v. show called “Happy Days” featuring “The Fonz” (or “Fonzie” to his friends). To my 9 year-old self, the super cool...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.