New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Italians Wear Scarves 1 week ago Originally posted on New Mexico to Italy: It’s just a fact. Italians wear scarves. If you want to try and pass as an Italian, wear a scarf (and don’t wear white running shoes). Not only do they wear scarves (“sciarpe,” not to be confused with “scarpe” – shoes), but they wear...
- A Last Look at Lovely Lucca 1 week ago Ciao Readers! Happy Monday! So, here we are at the end of my trip to Lucca (boo hoo)…. I still have so many nifty photos I haven’t posted as well as some random stories, so thought I’d do a final photo-centric wrap-up with some sights and info from my adventure. Enjoy: Photos from the...
- La Cucina Italiana, A Trilogy (Part III, Eating) 2 weeks ago Ciao Readers! Today we finish our foodie tour of Lucca (sigh). So far we’ve covered shopping and cooking – today we simply indulge in EATING (and drinking wine – after all, it is Italy)! While Italian food is not that “difficult” to cook, there’s nothing like having it expertly...
- La Cucina Italiana, A Trilogy (Part II, Cooking) 2 weeks ago Ciao Readers! And Happy Passover and Easter! So, today we’re going to cook in Italy – specifically my language classmate, Terri, and I are cooking with Chef Giuseppe from “Extra Virgin” cooking school. As you may recall, I have taken a variety of cooking courses in many countries,...
- La Cucina Italiana, A Trilogy (Part I, Shopping) 3 weeks ago Ciao Readers! Did you think I forgot you? Never. I just got busy with language school, leisurely meals…and a cooking class before I left Lucca (and now I am busy with things we lawyers do – not very interesting or delicious blog fodder). But before the glories of Italian food totally fade...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.