New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hawaii on My Mind (a photo anthology) 5 months ago Ciao Readers! Or, more appropriately – “Aloha!” Today I am taking you on a trip to Hawaii – Maui, to be precise. Have I mentioned that I LOVE Hawaii?!?!? Long before I ever stepped foot in Italy or any other country, there was Hawaii (fun fact – I actually used to have a website...
- Being a Brit in New Mexico 4 months ago Originally posted on Little Goode:My Aunt aka New Mexico to Italy got me musing recently on how I feel being British in America and in particular, New Mexico. I can’t decide if I’m the best or worst person to write a guest blog like this. Best because I consider myself both British and...
- The Best Truffle Festival EVER!!! (In San Miniato) 6 months ago Originally posted on New Mexico to Italy:Ciao Readers! Okay, my mouth is watering just reminiscing about this festival and I am still smiling thinking about the fabulous little town it was in – San Miniato. Apparently for the last 3 weekends of November every year for the past 42 years this...
- What's in a Name? (or the tale of two "Las Vegas Suites") 6 months ago Ciao Readers! I think I’ve mentioned more than once that we took a road trip over Spring Break. We started off in Las Vegas, splurging with a great AAA rate for 2 nights at the Bellagio (I’ve always wanted to stay there). When I was checking us in, the concierge asked if we were there […]
- Once Upon a Passport (with never-before seen photos) 6 months ago Ciao Readers! Today I am going to wax nostalgic, so your indulgence is required (and appreciated). As we were planning for our Winter 2015/2016 trip to Europe it dawned on me that my passport might expire before then. I checked, and sure enough it was getting close – can you imagine going to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.