Out and About in Paris
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fort Boyard: the French cheese, fortification and television show! 1 week ago Just a few of the many cheeses that are on display at Androuet Depending on which source you consult, France has between 350 to 400 distinct varieties of cheese. An impressive selection of the country's offerings was on display at an award winning cheese shop that I recently visited during a...
- Ice skating on the Eiffel Tower! One of the coolest experiences in Paris. 1 week ago The ice skating rink on the first floor of the Eiffel TowerOne of the coolest winter activities has returned to Paris -- ice skating on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower! In between your camel spins and double Axels, warm up with a cup of hot chocolate or sip a glass of champagne while admiring...
- Le Meurice and Cédric Grolet celebrate the holidays with the "Dalí Bûche de Noël". And, hitting the pistachio pastry jackpot in Paris! 2 weeks ago Afternoon coffee is a deliciously decadent affair at Le Meurice!After finishing a spicy Korean lunch last Sunday afternoon, Stéphane, Édouard and I started chatting about pistachio flavored pastries, or the lack of them, in Paris. If this sounds like a rather unusual topic of conversation, let me...
- Burberry's "A Magical Christmas Journey" at Printemps - Holiday Decorations in Paris 2 weeks ago Burberry's Magical Christmas Journey at Printemps Department Store in ParisWith A Magical Christmas Journey, Burberry's holiday windows at Printemps department store tell the tale of a little boy and his teddy bear's windblown journey from the Burberry flagship store in London all the way to...
- La Bûche de Noël as interpreted by Guy Martin's "maisons": Le Grand Véfour, 68 Guy Martin and Atelier Guy Martin 2 weeks ago The bottle of champagne is actually a Bûche de Noël! Le Grand Vefour's "Festive" (left) and Atelier Guy Martin's "Savors of the Season" (right) A couple of years ago, I was a newbie trying to figure out how to "do" Noël in Paris. There was the Christmas tree question, the search for the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 16 reviews on Out and About in Paris
17:13 PM November 19, 2012
Whether you've been to Paris a hundred times or not at all, Mary Kay always brings a fresh eye to the City of Light's best events and quirkiest corners which will make you wish you were there!
09:34 AM November 23, 2012
Mary Kay's well-written and well-documented blog is a fund of information for expats. Her photos are quite stunning and she takes us to many out-of-the-way places and unexpected venues.
09:54 AM November 23, 2012
Mary Kay is actually a pseudonym for an army of intrepid reporter-photographers that is constantly roaming the streets of Paris. This is the only possible explanation for the ubiquity of Out and About in Paris, which manages to be in four places at once, always bringing fresh new insights to this wonderful city.
10:18 AM November 23, 2012
Out and About in Paris is my GO TO for local events and happenings around the City of Lights. And a great page to like on Facebook as well.
12:19 PM November 23, 2012
LOVE THIS BLOG. MaryKay writes about places and events both in and around Paris. It's a "must-read" about a city which seems to never run out of unique opportunities for the visitor and resident. Mary Kay includes her amazing photographs and a weekly video, as well as detailed history to enhance her posts.
12:31 PM November 23, 2012
Mary Kay's Paris never fails to delight. She's got that go anywhere do anything attitude that yields fresh content every day.
12:47 PM November 23, 2012
This is my favorite expat blog! Great photography and spot on comments! Very well done. I have had a home in Paris for 16 years now......and still, through this blog, keep learning more and more about my second home! The best blog!
13:26 PM November 23, 2012
I think that I particularly enjoy Mary Kay's blogs as she has very similar tastes to my own. Her hints and tips for things to see and do are always winners. She goes off the well-worn tourist tracks in Paris and takes us there with her. Her enthusiasm for life and warmth shine through in her post. Always a delight to read.
13:26 PM November 23, 2012
Mary Kay's "Out and About in Paris" keeps me in a Paris frame of mind. This blog is the first one that I read every day to bring back that feeling of being in Paris. The photographs are gorgeous, and the writing succinct and often with a touch of humour.
14:13 PM November 23, 2012
I loved "Out and About in Paris" so much it inspired me to start my own blog.... very informative - love the updates and the photos.
14:25 PM November 23, 2012
No matter how busy I am when I'm sorting through email, I always take time to read Out and About in Paris. Some days Mary Kay educates, some days she inspires wistful cravings to return to Paris, some days her posts just bring a smile.
15:11 PM November 23, 2012
The optimism and adventure in this blog is contagious and inspiring. Always a pleasure to read, always.
16:22 PM November 23, 2012
Mary Kay's blog gives me the opportunity to peek into her everyday life in Paris, which is so different from mine. I love reading her blog because it's always interesting and often mouthwatering (specially the food and chocolate posts!) I MUST visit her more often to check out all the good restaurants, shops, museums, places etc.etc. that she's written about!
21:14 PM November 24, 2012
If anyone deserves this award it is Mary Kay and her fantastic blog Out and About in Paris!! You hear that Expat Blog!! This is your winner here! Mary Kay is literally out and about, discovering Paris that even born and bread Parisians aren't privy to! She's undercover and behind the scenes at Paris Fashion Week, she's finding the best chocolate in town, she's out there in the freezing cold when the lights illuminate for Christmas on the Champs-Elysees! She just what the title of her blog promises, she's out on the scene!! This is THE go-to blog for all things happening now in the City of Light!!!
21:09 PM November 26, 2012
Its almost like being there, but without all the grey rainy days!
15:28 PM December 14, 2012
Out and About in Paris is such a delightful blog! I have learned so much through Mary Kay. Because of her, I have gained so much insight into the city. Each post makes me feel as if I have traveled to Paris for a visit. Her writing is informative, yet so personal, and her photography is professional. And I'm so pleased with the frequency of her posts--they are my oasis in the midst of my busy days!