Latest Blog Posts »
- Hello! 18 hours ago You just never know what you'll come across in Kalemegdan Park. Last Friday I posted this big guy, who was contemplating munching on a gardener. Now, the man in blue has come face-to-face with a dinosaur who would have made short work of him, once upon a time....assuming that humans and...
- THEME DAY-Rust and Ruins-Cinema Balkan 1 day ago The movie theater "Balkan", built between 1867 and 1870, was first used as a hotel for a short while and even an opera house, and later hosted projections of the first movies between 1909 and 1911. In 1912 it became a permanent movie theater. I remember going there on a fairly regular basis,...
- SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY--the cemetery gate 2 days ago Yesterday I went to the cemetery to mark the one year of the death of a dear friend's son. Not an occasion to take my camera along, but I did have my cell phone.See other shadows on SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY.
- WEEKEND REFLECTIONS--Ravnistarka Cave, Serbia 2 days ago Two days ago my friend and I took a road trip to Kucevo, a town about 2 hours southeast of Belgrade. Nearby there are several caves, one of which we 'explored'. Ravnistarka Cave is one of the larger caves in Serbia, measuring 501.5 meters; 589 meters with its adjoining tunnels. It was...
- SKYWATCH--giant photobomber 4 days ago The clock tower on Kalemegdan, photobombed by, I believe, an apatosaurus, but you paleontologist readers, please correct me.See other skies on SKYWATCH.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » A Yankee-in-Belgrade has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!