Alex Will Travel
Latest Blog Posts »
- Santa Claus The Lawyer 2 days ago Szaloncukor! This morning, I woke up to find that Mikulás (a.k.a. Santa Claus) didn’t visit me at my apartment, so I was rather disappointed seeing how it was the night he visits Hungary. And I really thought I had been nice this year! Fortunately, the problem would redeem itself when I...
- Gödöllő - Heat In The Palace 3 months ago On a sweltering morning in the heat of August in Budapest, I was sitting in my apartment wondering how to last another day without melting. Suddenly, my phone broke the silence with its piercing ring, and I picked it up. “Hello?” “Hey, do you want to go to...
- Back Again, Busy Again 5 months ago I still exist. I’m still in Budapest… sweating. I’ve been busy. I know I always say that, but let me fill you in, my dear readers. First, I finished up the first year of my MBA at the Corvinus University of Budapest. I’ve had a lot of fun, and learned way too much, and I’m looking...
- Wild Dogs Of Istanbul 8 months ago A wild dog in the middle of a city? (Click image to see larger)In my travels, I’ve seen plenty of wild dogs. I really notice them because I love dogs, and I always try to decide if they’re happy and healthy or not. I sometimes watch domesticated dogs in a house and wonder if they would be...
- The Istanbul Flight Incident 9 months ago The view from the roof (breakfast room) of our hotel was worth it. (Click image to see lareger size)My father and I went to Istanbul, and we learned some valuable lessons. One was very noteworthy because it led to one of my most serious near death encounters. It turns out that when Turkish...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Hungary Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Hungary!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 17 reviews on Alex Will Travel
16:01 PM November 26, 2012
Th blog is a must-read, and whenever a new post goes up, I'm pretty sure I'm always one of the first to read it. If I weren't already living in Hungary, I definitely would've moved it to the top of my list to live/visit because of Alex's blog!
16:12 PM November 26, 2012
A really good blog about travelling, living, studying/teaching in Hungary. Nice pictures and the so called"Hungarian word of the day". I like it
16:18 PM November 26, 2012
I have been living here for 4 years now, but Alex's blog makes me realize that I have so much to learn, very informative and concise. Alex keep up the good job!
16:26 PM November 26, 2012
I've been following Alex's blog for years now, and it's been a fantastic way to see Europe and Hungary through his eyes. He's taking a bit of the USA with him, and bringing us back a lot of foreign culture in exchange. Alex Will Travel? More like Alex Will Win!
17:07 PM November 26, 2012
I've traveled with Alex and truly enjoy his sense of adventure and knack for story telling. His laid-back personality makes for good travels and great retellings. It's been two years since we traveled together yet I still read his posts and travel vicariously through his continued adventures. You're always guaranteed a good read on AlexWillTravel!
17:14 PM November 26, 2012
Reading Alex's travel blog never ceases to amuse me. He writes with a hilarious tone and I often find myself in fits of laughter from reading his words. Sometimes his blog makes me want to sell all my things and move to Hungary immediately. Thanks for sharing your stories!
21:41 PM November 26, 2012
I LOVE reading Alex's blogs. Not only are they very well written,they are amusing, humorous, and extremely entertaining. And the pictures are wonderful. His stories are always so interesting and informative. He should write a book!!
06:21 AM November 27, 2012
Well, I had been an expat in Germany, in the Netherlands and for 8 years in the United States. So, besides knowing why and what to appreciate in an expats life, it is also fascinating to see how somebody lives as an expat here in Hungary. It is really entertaining and also useful to see how to get over the barriers that one faces when being far from home. Why not call Hungary your second home, Alex?
16:16 PM November 27, 2012
I am Alex' s native hungarian fan. I do enjoy his stories about us . Through his eyes i learned to see my nation in a different way. Thanks, Alex.
15:47 PM November 28, 2012
I love Alex's blog! It's interesting, insightful, entertaining, funny, and the photos are great. I've never traveled to Hungary but Alex Will Travel sure makes me want to visit.
02:15 AM November 30, 2012
Alex has a great eye, not only for photography, but for understanding what's happening around him. What makes his blog a delight to read is his ability to translate his perception to the page. Thank you for educating us about Hungary!
22:14 PM November 30, 2012
Extremely entertaining stories about living and traveling in Hungary that stimulate your imagination. Makes me want to visit every place that Alex writes about. And the photos are a perfect match for the writing, both are great.
10:26 AM December 01, 2012
Alex captures his experiences in a positive, informative way while always adding a twist of humor that keeps me coming back to read each post. Before we moved to Hungary we did tons of research, and Alex's blog was one of the most helpful resources we found.
16:16 PM December 01, 2012
I love to hear the stories about Hungary, it makes me want to be there. There is much information, given with a sense of humor which makes you want to read more.
21:37 PM December 12, 2012
This is a really great blog full of funny and interesting stories about Budapest and Hungary's life. Pictures are also amazing =)Like reading it =)
23:06 PM December 12, 2012
I really like reading this blog, it's nice to see a foreign guy's opinion about the place I live! Sometimes I realize that he probably knows more about Budapest and some other places in Hungary than me. I would expect to read about his experiences from the nightlife, it would probably be useful for some other young foreigners as well. It's really nice to see that he makes soo much effort to try to be funny! :)
23:09 PM December 12, 2012
I love reading Alex's blog, and learning about his life in Hungary. He brings his readers along on everyday activities and makes the story into a humorous adventure. Great pictures, too!