Steve and Pam Wise
Latest Blog Posts »
- An Exegetical Walk 5 hours ago According to United Nations statistics, currently 54% or 3.9 billion of the world’s population lives in urban settings and by 2050 it is estimated that that number will rise to 66%, a further 2.5 billion people. Given that the area of emphasis we have chosen for our Master’s is International...
- Community Owned Development 4 days ago Many communities in developing countries are trapped in a mindset of short term relief, feeling helpless or simply unaware of how they can improve their environments. They have grown dependent on outsiders coming in with short term, quick fix solutions for long term problems. Sustained, long term...
- Matt and Kate 6 days ago Matt and Kate Thompson, friends from our church, West London Alliance in London, came to visit with us in Kuala Lumpur over the last few days. To say that we were excited to have them here doesn’t do justice to the occasion. Pam and I were like puppies who had been adopted. Really? You want […]
- The Other Side of Mumbai 2 weeks ago After our foray into the slums, we went back to our hotel to freshen up for a trip into the downtown for a meeting with a group of very bright, young education consultants who are partners of both Taylor’s and the American schools. There we had a glimpse of the other side of Mumbai. In […]
- The Underbelly of Mumbai 3 weeks ago On our second day in Mumbai, we met up with the American students for a visit to Dharavi which is one of the largest slums in the world, renowned for its prominence in the movie Slumdog Millionaire. Situated on just over 500 acres of land, it is a multi-ethnic settlement that is home to upwards...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Steve and Pam Wise has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!