Steve and Pam Wise
Latest Blog Posts »
- Celebrating Queen Elizabeth's 90th Birthday 2 months ago As the Cayman Islands are an overseas territory of the United Kingdom, we have a Governor who is appointed by the monarch on the advise of the British government. The Governor is the de facto head of state and is responsible for appointing the Premier, the leader of the party with the majority of...
- Cayman Carnival Batabano 2 months ago The first year in a new country is all about settling in and getting to know the culture and traditions of your new place. We were warned that this particular festival and parade was largely about revealing costumes and feathers but decided to take it in anyway. The festival’s original name,...
- Back in Bali 2 months ago Even though we have been in the Caribbean for nine months, my heart is still pretty connected to SE Asia. I really miss the people that I was able to get to know and love and work with, during our time there. I was able to return to Indonesia recently for a few weeks and […]
- Eli Is Five! 3 months ago
- Teaching in Haiti 4 months ago Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world. In response to the “liberation” of France in 1789, Haiti staged its own liberation from slavery to France. It was rewarded for its impudence with a crushing defeat from Napoleon in 1813, and the penalty of war reparations. These reparations...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Steve and Pam Wise has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!