Latest Blog Posts »
- Life in the future 15 hours ago Recently I read a collection of articles by Arthur C. Clarke called The View From Serendip. Here’s the review I posted on goodreads: I finally picked this off the shelf because some of it is about Sri Lanka. Unfortunately for me, not very much of it. It’s a random collection of articles, most...
- Wasabi Kit Kat 1 day ago My wife recently came into possession of a box of wasabi-flavoured Kit Kat bars. She scoffed them all herself, naturally, but one of her colleagues also had a few lying around and generously donated them to me. The packaging is as pretty as you’d expect from the Japanese. Box interior. It...
- Antici-pain-tion 2 days ago Compare and contrast: Last Saturday I went to a friend’s birthday party. I had a few beers and got home around 1:30. I slept until 5:30, then woke with a pounding head. I was awake until 7:30 when I was sick. The pain was sharp, located in a precise spot just at the base of […]
- Spend, spend, spend 3 days ago I’ve always had a slightly unusual (I think) attitude to spending money. I’ve gone through periods when I had none, and periods when I had plenty, but the kind of things I spend it on haven’t changed too much. After leaving the educational system I spent several years in and out of freelance...
- School run 4 days ago My kids take the school bus every weekday morning. It picks them up from the end of our road and, traffic permitting, they’re at school 15-20 minutes later. I’d let them go to the bus stop on their own but our youngest is still only 5. If the weather is too inclement for cycling I […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Simon Says has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!