Latest Blog Posts »
- Thin ice 2 months ago A change to the lunchtime routine today. A social event in the lobby provided a free lunch, so my half an hour break was available to be used for something other than eating. Usually that would mean reading, but I wanted some fresh air and exercise and it was a bright, sunny day, so I […]
- 24 hours in Dubai 3 months ago I’d never really been interested in going to Dubai. The idea of a desert filled with ostentatious skyscrapers and blingy luxury hotels didn’t excite me. Then again, since we were passing through on our way from Sri Lanka back to Belgium we figured we may as well give it a look, if only to break...
- Brussels Toy Museum 3 months ago Last weekend we paid a brief visit to Brussels toy museum with our smallest child. A couple of years ago we went to the one in Mechelen which is a lot bigger and has a wider range of stuff on display, but the Brussels version has its own charm. It’s chaotic and dusty and haphazard, […]
- Sri Lankan fauna 3 months ago They had some animals in Sri Lanka. Some you might expect (elephants, monkeys); some you might not. There are wild dogs everywhere. Mostly pretty mangy and sad-looking. Not especially dangerous or aggressive, although a few of them did persistently follow us up and down the beach one evening. Yes,...
- Sri Lankan flora 3 months ago I saw some pretty plants and flowers in Sri Lanka. Some in the temples: Some in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Kandy: Some in Brief Garden, a private residence near Aluthgama whose grounds are open to visitors. This was my favourite. Apparently it’s called a Black Bat Flower. And some we saw on...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Simon Says has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!