She gathers no moss
Latest Blog Posts »
- Just Sushi 2 days ago As I may have mentioned, I recently made my first trip to Japan, landing in Tokyo with a clean slate, eager for new impressions. I must admit, I knew embarrassingly little about the country at that point, and I was … Continue reading →
- Umami: The Fifth Taste 1 week ago Salt, sweet, sour, bitter. I am assuming we have known about these four taste categories since Sesame Street was a dirt track through the woods. Each one tells our taste buds about what we are putting in our mouths, and … Continue reading →
- Celebrating Life & Death: All Souls Day in Vigan 2 weeks ago It’s the week before All Hallows Eve, or Halloween. Vigan, a Unesco Heritage town in North West Luzon, is humming. It is Raniag, or the Twilight Festival, and the streets are overflowing with large family groups – locals and visitors, … Continue reading →
- Culture Shock or "How's the Serenity?" 3 weeks ago Culture shock is a complicated, confusing, disorienting experience. It is defined as the individual’s sense of dislocation when attempting to settle into a new environment. Moving cities can be hard enough. Moving countries requires you to adapt to foreign values, mannerisms, mind-sets …...
- Trendy Mediocrity with a Side Order of Inconsistency 2 months ago I love Rockwell. There is always some new restaurant to try amongst the plethora to be found both inside and outside Power Plant Mall. My latest, belated discovery is Rambla. Apparently it has actually been there for almost twelve months, but … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » She gathers no moss has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!