Latest Blog Posts »
- Into the Woods! 1 day ago Let’s start with the good news. WE WENT CAMPING! Yay us! Now for the bad news. We bailed after 24 hours. Here’s how it all went down: We left Friday around lunch, right after picking Nia up from preschool. We were headed to Jellystone campground in Luray, VA, a 90-120 … The post Into the...
- The Countdown Begins... 5 days ago We’re about 90 days out until “wheels up” for Malawi, which means it’s crunch time. It sounds like a lot of days, but I know from experience that it will evaporate in no time. Nick’s going to be focused on wrapping up his current job and starting his mid-level consular training, so...
- Our Latest Photo Book: March 2014 - May 2015 5 months ago The post Our Latest Photo Book: March 2014 – May 2015 appeared first on . No related posts.
- Kicking Off the Holidays in Style 6 months ago Happy Holidays blog readers! Soooo, I was ridiculously lucky to kick off my holiday season in style with tickets to the National Christmas Tree Lighting (courtesy of cousin Kyle who works at the National Park Service). Not only did I get a ticket to this hard-to-attend event, but I also … The...
- Sarah the Singing Chaplain 7 months ago I started back up again at the hospital as a chaplain after taking the summer off to travel to MN. As I mentioned in an earlier post, back in May I wanted to quit because it felt too frustrating to be a beginner. I’m glad I came back though, because … The post Sarah the Singing Chaplain...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Peru Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Peru!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Novakistan
23:40 PM November 21, 2012
Love this blog! Always fun insight into the live and times of a family finding their way around new countries and cultures while holding onto what matters, family and friends from Minnesota all the way to Peru and in between.
16:02 PM November 24, 2012
I recommend this blog for the Gold. As a former FS employee who never had blogs or cell phones or skype this is the best way in the world to keep track on what is going on in the country they are living in. It's fun to read and know it takes her hours to put these things on Facebook. And an excellent way to keep us in touch with our granddaughter.