I Will See You In Far Off Places
Latest Blog Posts »
- A year with Bruce 8 hours ago It’s no secret that I am obsessed and delighted by my dog. The internet tells no lies! Bruce is, without a doubt, one of, if not the very best thing in my life. Sorry husband and family and friends (or, I say sorry, but I know at least Jon feels [...]
- Shoreham Air Show 1 day ago I married a guy who isn’t really into sporty sports (woo!), but is into cool cars and other interesting and mostly loud machinery. Or “interesting” I should say in scare quotes, since I am preeeettty ambivalent and/or not interested in those things. Even so, over the years I’ve found...
- Green Man Festival in Wales 1 week ago Back in the day I spent a few summers driving down to Tennessee with an old boyfriend during a week in June, camping out in a field and sweating buckets for five days at a very awesome music festival called Bonnaroo. Those were very good times, and they definitely taught [...]
- On good professional feelings 1 week ago Today I presented my first professional writing workshop. Twelve employees of a company I consult for, none of them writers, most of them developers, stared at me blankly, or nodded sometimes, or took notes. I got them all brainstorming ideas for articles around themes, I got them chatting to one...
- Trashy holidays? On Benidorm and British Class Issues. 3 weeks ago When Jon told some of the people at work that he was going on a holiday to Benidorm, he received a variety of responses, all in the same vein. These are two of the real ones he told me: “Are you going ironically?” “I thought you and Ashley were into cultural [...]
Contest Entries »
- Turning tables: learning from my students Education and International Schools Miss Ashley, Miss Sheets, Ashley teacher.....I get called a lot of things. I’ve taught English as a second or foreign language in quite a few different countries over the past seven years, and my work in international schools has given me access...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on I Will See You In Far Off Places
08:07 AM November 28, 2012
Great blog or...greatest blog?
21:05 PM December 10, 2012
Love reading about all the adventures! Good writing too!
21:34 PM December 10, 2012
Excellent! Genuine and always thought-provoking.
22:00 PM December 10, 2012
00:34 AM December 11, 2012
Such a human view of life away from home. Anyone could relate to this blog.
14:36 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is super good.
23:10 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog. Real, down to earth and honest. And always lots of gorgeous photos.