I Will See You In Far Off Places
Latest Blog Posts »
- On turning 30 1 week ago My twenties were good to me. The mainly traditional thing I did (from that little checklist of “things that must be done according to society at large or so they say”)(is anyone even looking at this list anymore) was get married and buy a house-getting in under the buzzer on [...]
- Three Days in Berlin, Part Three: Hofbrauhaus, Oktoberfest, and Berlin by Night 2 weeks ago After leaving the Topography of Terror, Jon and I found that the sun was setting, we were starving, and a drink or two was needed to take the edge off. To the Augustiner! We ordered very large beers and settled in with our pretzel (why every restaurant doesn’t replace bread and [...]
- Three days in Berlin, Part Two: Bikes, Abandoned Airports, and the Topography of Terror 2 weeks ago I read an article last week that said “Berlin is an on-again, off-again capital with a darker history than most cities in Europe. It served as the epicenter of Hitler’s Third Reich and was nearly wiped off the map at the end of the last World War. Berlin was also the [...]
- Three days in Berlin: Part One 3 weeks ago So, a long weekend in Germany! Like I mentioned, I only found out that we were heading to Berlin a mere 12 hours or so before the flight took off. Not much time for planning, nor for packing-but then again it’s not that hard to pack for three days away. [...]
- Happy Birthday to Me! 3 weeks ago Enjoy the above gif, taken/produced during my long birthday weekend in Berlin (!!). All thanks goes to a wonderful surprise courtesy of Jon, who burst into the living room with a bottle of champagne last Thursday evening, blasting “everybody dance now”, announcing we were leaving early Friday...
Contest Entries »
- Turning tables: learning from my students Education and International Schools Miss Ashley, Miss Sheets, Ashley teacher.....I get called a lot of things. I’ve taught English as a second or foreign language in quite a few different countries over the past seven years, and my work in international schools has given me access...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on I Will See You In Far Off Places
08:07 AM November 28, 2012
Great blog or...greatest blog?
21:05 PM December 10, 2012
Love reading about all the adventures! Good writing too!
21:34 PM December 10, 2012
Excellent! Genuine and always thought-provoking.
22:00 PM December 10, 2012
00:34 AM December 11, 2012
Such a human view of life away from home. Anyone could relate to this blog.
14:36 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is super good.
23:10 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog. Real, down to earth and honest. And always lots of gorgeous photos.