I Will See You In Far Off Places
Latest Blog Posts »
- 2015 happened! 3 months ago I am not averse to taking the annual trip down memory lane that late December brings. 2015 was a solid year – when looking back at the last couple of years, or maybe even further back, this was the first year where I seemed to really be able to gain my bearings and feel in almost complete...
- Lessons learned from a Film Noir/Grayscale Halloween 4 months ago Gray scale is a really fun way to make people on the street do a double take, and you can basically choose your favorite fashion era from between the 1920s and the 1950s to get the job done. We’re talking flappers up to I Love Lucy! Jon and I were embarking on our first year dressing up...
- Camping in the deserts of Oman 5 months ago it was more like glamping, let’s just start with that. Definitely lacking in pitched tents and campfires and s’mores. Through some very serendipitous happenings, we were invited to check out a resort in the desert called the Dunes by Al Nahda. It’s not officially open to the public yet, and...
- Holiday in the Middle East: Oman Edition 5 months ago London–> Istanbul –> Oman. Now that that’s out of the way, you’ll know just where I’m talking about! And no pressure-I don’t think the majority of people outside of the region hear “Oman” and know just where it is. I certainly didn’t. It’s hard to know where to start really –...
- 24 hours in Istanbul 5 months ago On our way out to Oman we managed to book a 24 hour layover in Istanbul – a complete dream, as I’ve wanted to see the city for a very, very long time and this layover business just fell in our laps-normally people fly to Dubai, then transfer to a flight to Oman. Even with such a condensed...
Contest Entries »
- Turning tables: learning from my students Education and International Schools Miss Ashley, Miss Sheets, Ashley teacher.....I get called a lot of things. I’ve taught English as a second or foreign language in quite a few different countries over the past seven years, and my work in international schools has given me access...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on I Will See You In Far Off Places
08:07 AM November 28, 2012
Great blog or...greatest blog?
21:05 PM December 10, 2012
Love reading about all the adventures! Good writing too!
21:34 PM December 10, 2012
Excellent! Genuine and always thought-provoking.
22:00 PM December 10, 2012
00:34 AM December 11, 2012
Such a human view of life away from home. Anyone could relate to this blog.
14:36 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is super good.
23:10 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog. Real, down to earth and honest. And always lots of gorgeous photos.