I Will See You In Far Off Places
Latest Blog Posts »
- Here we are 3 days ago I already made the mistake of mentioning to Jon that I thought we’d been living here two weeks, when really it had only been one. But that’s how time is going here. It seems like a long time, but it’s been so, so short. Things are getting more settled. This week we have removed all [...]
- the new hood 6 days ago Today was my first day commuting by train from Shoreham to Brighton. I left bright and early, expecting the usual commuter crowds, annoyed that I hadn’t bought my new monthly ticket beforehand and pre-emptively being grumpy about standing in line to get a new one. This was exacerbated by the fact...
- Getting Settled 1 week ago Six days ago we moved into this place, and it’s been a bit of a whirlwind since then. We both took some time off work to get moved in and settled-Jon had 3 1/2 days and I had just two-so we have been in full-on, serious, all-consuming house mode and I think we’ve taken some [...]
- Moving all the things 1 week ago Tomorrow we are picking up the keys to the new flat! Coincidentally my office is moving from Hassocks to Brighton tomorrow as well. So there’s been a lot of moving and packing and tape and boxes and omnipresent sneezing from allergies tormented by all the dust in my present and future life, which...
- Four problems I never expected when I moved abroad 2 weeks ago I have spent a fair amount of time waxing lyrical to future or potential expats about what they really, really (no, seriously) need to do before, or even after, they move countries. Things to be thought of and deeply considered before making the jump, or good ways for acclimating one’s self...
Contest Entries »
- Turning tables: learning from my students Education and International Schools Miss Ashley, Miss Sheets, Ashley teacher.....I get called a lot of things. I’ve taught English as a second or foreign language in quite a few different countries over the past seven years, and my work in international schools has given me access...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on I Will See You In Far Off Places
08:07 AM November 28, 2012
Great blog or...greatest blog?
21:05 PM December 10, 2012
Love reading about all the adventures! Good writing too!
21:34 PM December 10, 2012
Excellent! Genuine and always thought-provoking.
22:00 PM December 10, 2012
00:34 AM December 11, 2012
Such a human view of life away from home. Anyone could relate to this blog.
14:36 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is super good.
23:10 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog. Real, down to earth and honest. And always lots of gorgeous photos.