I Will See You In Far Off Places
Latest Blog Posts »
- On good professional feelings 1 day ago Today I presented my first professional writing workshop. Twelve employees of a company I consult for, none of them writers, most of them developers, stared at me blankly, or nodded sometimes, or took notes. I got them all brainstorming ideas for articles around themes, I got them chatting to one...
- Trashy holidays? On Benidorm and British Class Issues. 1 week ago When Jon told some of the people at work that he was going on a holiday to Benidorm, he received a variety of responses, all in the same vein. These are two of the real ones he told me: “Are you going ironically?” “I thought you and Ashley were into cultural [...]
- Costa Blanca: Eating and Drinking in Benidorm 2 weeks ago In true holiday fashion, much of our time in Spain was spent indulging in tasty treats and equally fantastic cocktails. Paella, swordfish, tapas, the biggest salmon I’ve ever seen, sangria, drinks topped with weird towers of fruits…..we had it all. Or okay, not it all, but a lot. Jon and I...
- Costa Blanca: A Benidorm Holiday 2 weeks ago We’re back! The laziest, hottest beach vacation ended as we flew into a chilly London at 1:30 in the morning on Saturday, sleepy and-if you’re Jon-with tans already fading away. (It’s his English skin, it seems to actively reject sun as soon as it comes into contact with the UV [...]
- Travel Tips: Packing for a beach vacation 3 weeks ago Fantastically, Jon and I are taking our first beach vacation together next week, leaving tomorrow! I like to think I’m pretty great at packing, and this has been proven by the fact that I have taken many, many flights, both long-haul and short, domestic and international, and once even packed...
Contest Entries »
- Turning tables: learning from my students Education and International Schools Miss Ashley, Miss Sheets, Ashley teacher.....I get called a lot of things. I’ve taught English as a second or foreign language in quite a few different countries over the past seven years, and my work in international schools has given me access...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on I Will See You In Far Off Places
08:07 AM November 28, 2012
Great blog or...greatest blog?
21:05 PM December 10, 2012
Love reading about all the adventures! Good writing too!
21:34 PM December 10, 2012
Excellent! Genuine and always thought-provoking.
22:00 PM December 10, 2012
00:34 AM December 11, 2012
Such a human view of life away from home. Anyone could relate to this blog.
14:36 PM December 11, 2012
This blog is super good.
23:10 PM December 11, 2012
Love this blog. Real, down to earth and honest. And always lots of gorgeous photos.