Latest Blog Posts »
- Learning Chinese 8 years ago So the summer long ago that I spent studying Chinese at Cheng Da, I indulged my nerdiness by enjoying the benefits of my library card. (The library had a lovely sculpture of a swooping flutist in front of it at the time, too, which I’m kicking myself for not photographing). With strong A/C,...
- Lotus 8 years ago Lotus is one of my favorite flowers. My aunt was dear enough to buy one to stick in a bucket in our garden. Unfortunately, I never got to see a lake full of them during the daytime while I was in Taiwan… Maybe next time.
- Bamboo in the garden 8 years ago Bamboo in the familial garden.
- More Sculpture at Cheng Da 8 years ago Though this is an abstraction, something about it from this angle reminds me a little bit of the “Winged Victory of Samothrace”— a marble statue at the Louvre. This sculpture (after a squinting look at the blurry zoomed-in tag) is called “Fleeting Cloud and Shadow Traces Marked by the...
- Sculpture around Cheng Da 8 years ago Surfing Cheng Da’s site, I discovered that there is an art festival going on, and figured I should post my photos of art at Cheng Da. Art on college campuses can be hit or miss (my sculpture prof. in college said she had to artfully dodge when asked what she thought of the sculptures decorating...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Becoming Taiwanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!