Latest Blog Posts »
- 'The Players' by Tom Bender 2 years ago Noticed on Twitter and republished here with permission.
- 'Bump' by Arijan Jansonius 2 years ago Originally drawn in 1998 here in Cambodia by Dutch artist Arijan (Aryan) Jansonius, inspired by everyday life in Phnom Penh at the time. Motion, knowing detail and the every present rat. Note the old style motorcycle. Issued as one in a set postcards available in Cambodia in the late 90s.
- Talismans 2 years ago Back in 1994 my wife gave me a buddha amulet she bought at Phsar Thmei, which I've worn ever since. A Buddha of black wood in a silver setting.In early 1995 I was traveling National Route 4 regularly. It wasn't particularly dangerous, but there was some KR presence and banditry on that road, so my...
- Water Festival - 2014 2 years ago Trepidation preceded this year's Water Festival (Bonn Om Teuk) in Phnom Penh.The Water Festival is ordinarily an annual event in Cambodia and one of the most important holidays of the year along with Khmer New Year and Prachum Benh. The exact dates set by the lunar calendar, the Water Festival is...
- The not so magical flying cow 2 years ago Years back, on a bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville – with the long defunct DH Cambodia – I saw flying cow. On National Route 4, we were somewhere south of Pich Nil but hadn't yet reached the Koh Kong turnoff. I was sitting toward the back, half dozing, when the bus suddenly lurched, braking...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cambodia Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Cambodia!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » LTO Cambodia has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!