Neil Wade's Photography Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Travel Image from the Archives 1 week ago Here’s number two in this series. This one is from a hill village near Kalaw, Myanmar (Burma). The caption explains it all.Filed under: PHOTOGRAPHY, TRAVEL, Travel Images from the Archive Tagged: Asia, Buddhism, Burma, Myanmar, stupa, travel photography
- Travel Image from the Archives 3 weeks ago Every two weeks or so, I’m going to upload an old travel image from my archives. Here’s the first. Filed under: PHOTOGRAPHY, Travel Images from the Archive
- Ji Tong - Taiwanese Spirit Mediums 2 months ago Ji Tong 乩童 (aka Tong Ji 童乩 or Tang-ki in Taiwanese), is a rarely seen event of old Taiwanese religious belief. It’s a type of shamanism, where the “spirit-medium” human is possessed by the spirit of a god. After doing so, the god can live for a short while in the body of the...
- A Few Days Around Tainan 3 months ago Tainan is often though of as Taiwan’s most beloved city. There’s good reason for that. Compared to the capital of Taipei, Tainan has a more traditional feel to it. It seems like almost anywhere you go, you’ll find something important to history, or at least something that looks like it...
- Grappling With Ghosts 搶孤 3 months ago Grappling with the Ghosts Festival 搶孤 is held on the last day of the Ghost Month holiday. It’s a unique festival that celebrates the end to the trepidatious holiday when the dead are said to be walking the earth. Why people need to climb greased poles to celebrate this day is beyond me,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Neil Wade's Photography Blog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!