Latest Blog Posts »
- Our friends at ZA Adventures are going to put on... 1 week ago Our friends at ZA Adventures are going to put on another WFA (Wilderness First Aid) Course for us over the Oct 31-Nov 1st weekend in Yangmingshan National Park. http://soloschools.com/wilderness-first-aid-wfa/ Matt, is flying over from the states again to lead the course, and this is a great chance...
- Baiyang Waterfall Revisited 2 years ago The Baiyang Waterfall Trail in Taroko Gorge is a beautiful and gentle walk that can be done by almost anyone. The hike begins just a bit north of Tianxiang with an eerie walk through an unlit 100m tunnel. Last time I was here the first tunnel was shut because of an enormous landslide, and we […]
- Bilu and Yangtou Mountain, Taroko Gorge National Park 2 years ago Mount Bilu and Yangtou are located near the top of Taroko Gorge National Park. Both peaks are above 3000m and can be done as individual days hikes, a mad single day traverse or a 2-3 day traverse with camping. Day 1 It’s a long drive from Taipei to Dayuling for the start of the hike. […]
- Teapot Mountain and Banping Mountain 2 years ago Teapot Mountain on Taiwan’s north coast has to have some the most amazing views you can get for a day hike from Taipei City. The hike begins in the rejuvenated Jinguashi Gold Ecological Park. I remember visiting this area years and just thinking how depressing it was, but it’s now fully open...
- Yushan Single Day Ascent 2 years ago With Yushan’s Paiyun Cabin still not open, the best way to climb Taiwan’s highest mountain is the tough single day ascent. Starting at Tatajia you have to ascend and descend some 1700m and cover 26km in a single day. It’s not for everyone, but is makes for a great challenge for those who...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Hiking Taiwan has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!