Latest Blog Posts »
- This Picture Shows Why I Still Don't Have PCCW 1 day ago So after waiting 8 months, PCCW put up a pole next to my house. Hooray! RIght? Maybe not so fast. It’s been two weeks and they haven’t run any wires to this pole and they haven’t called me up to schedule an appointment for installation. Then I noticed this sign taped to the […]
- Google Abandons Hong Kong Data Center Project 2 days ago I take this news as further evidence of the ineptitude of C.Y. Leung’s administration. The SCMP reports this morning: Google has scrapped plans to build a data centre in Hong Kong. The decision came two years after a groundbreaking ceremony at its site in Tseung Kwan O – and the land still...
- We've Got a Pole! Also, Village House Demolition 1 week ago I don’t really have a photo of the pole, except in this picture below. I’ll explain the dual significance of this photo in a sec …. First off, that pole on the right-hand side of the frame is new; it went up this week. This means that PCCW service should be just around the […]
- The Rolling Stones Coming to Macau 1 week ago The Rolling Stones are heading east. Dubbed “14 – On Fire,” they’ll be doing concerts in Abu Dhabi, Tokyo, Macau, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne. Their web site says that “a further 2 big concerts in Asia will be announced soon.” Mick Taylor will be joining them as a “special...
- Yes I'm Married 1 week ago Yep, I did it. No, I’m probably not going to be posting wedding photos here, but I will share some of the details with you after the fact. I’ll preface this by saying that while my gf wife was married once before (and me twice before), she was very young and very poor the […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Hongkie Town has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!