Latest Blog Posts »
- Here Comes the Pain 9 hours ago This is not entirely unexpected but that doesn’t make it any more pleasant. I’ve been using Smart mobile in Manila, pre-paid SIM card – LTE service, unlimited internet, costs P50 per day (about US$1) with discounts if you’re registering for multiple days at a time. We went out to the house...
- I'm in Manila 22 hours ago So here I am. So far the move has been tiring but relatively pain free. We ended up having 260 boxes of stuff – 1,200 cubic feet – 200 cubic feet too much to fit into a 20 foot container. If I had another couple of weeks, I’m sure I could have gotten it down […]
- I'm Almost Gone 3 days ago One day down with the packers and movers, one more day to go. Despite getting rid of the fridge, oven, sofa, dining room set, outdoor furniture set and assorted other stuff, they’re guessing now that everything will not fit into a 20 foot container. Given another week I could probably get rid of...
- Less Than a Week to Go 6 days ago I’m having a hard time believing that in just 5 more days we’ll be boarding a plane to Manila and Hong Kong will no longer be home. I’m excited about the move, of course, but also anxious to get it all over and done with. It’s been difficult to finish off everything that I need […]
- As The Days Dwindle Down 1 week ago Just ten days to go before we leave Hong Kong. Car, fridge, oven, outdoor furniture, sofa all sold off. Whatever CDs, DVDs, books not sold by now will be taken with us and we’ll deal with it at some later point. I’m only in the office this week, next week home to do final packing […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Hongkie Town has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!