Senior Dogs Abroad
Latest Blog Posts »
- Dr. Mads Gilbert on Gaza 3 days ago Our dear friend Franklin Lamb has passed on this excellent talk by Norwegian Doctor Mads Gilbert upon his return from Gaza.
- Clouds and Their Silver Lining 1 week ago L to R, Erdoğan, İhsanoğlu, DemirtaşLately, in the midst of Turkey's current drought, we've had some thunderboomers that have been real doozies, bringing torrential rains, flooding streets and houses, even producing a freak violent tornado or two along with them. These storms are always...
- Ways to Help Gaza 2 weeks ago If you're like us, the continuing slaughter of the blockaded, defenseless people of Gaza is always in our consciousness, depriving us of sleep and happiness. One way we can help is with our money and below are some organizations that are raising funds for emergency medical aid to Gaza. (We list...
- Bitter Sweet Sugar Holiday 3 weeks ago Eid al-Fitr, the three-day holiday that marks the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramazan, has begun. In Turkey, the holiday is known as Şeker Bayram, or Sugar Holiday since the tradition here is for youngsters in the family to visit their elders, pay their respects by kissing the elder's...
- Dry Winter, Silent Spring 3 weeks ago Normally in Istanbul, the rainy season - called 'winter' here - begins in late September or early October. Every year since we arrived here six years ago, this has held true with the first winter, 2008-09 perhaps being the driest. (We do get snow occasionally, but if we do it's just a few...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Senior Dogs Abroad
03:54 AM November 24, 2012
Mark and Jolee are exciting, vibrant people who are deeply interested in Turkey. They both speak the language too! They travel all over, talk to everyone, explore and enjoy, and make sense of some of the more difficult things to understand in Turkey. They are living role models for retirement!
22:32 PM November 25, 2012
A brilliant grasp of the political situation in Turkey.
21:19 PM April 25, 2013
very sophisticated and all around good guys.