Senior Dogs Abroad
Latest Blog Posts »
- Istanbul: City of Intrigue 1 week ago Photo by Ara GülerIan Fleming, Eric Ambler, John Le Carre, Joseph Kanon, these are just a few of the novelists who found Istanbul to be a city of immense intrigue and set at least one of their popular thrillers here. There was good reason, of course. As someone once said, what we saw portrayed in...
- On the Trail of Trash 1 week ago Picnic aftermathWord of the beauty of the Princes' Islands where we live in summer has gotten out. Big time. It was probably inevitable in our age of mass tourism and instant information. It seems as if no beautiful, quiet corner of the planet is any longer safe from the travel writers and the guys...
- A Pain in the Gut 2 weeks ago It all started with a sudden sharp pain in the upper left side of my abdomen which radiated upward through the left side of my chest and downward through my bowels. I couldn't breathe deeply without feeling pain, lying down made it worse. I (J), who hates doctors, hospitals, needles and all the...
- Melancholy Meanderings 3 weeks ago This past week, the storks began flying overhead in great flocks on their long journey to their winter digs in Africa, always a melancholy sight in spite of its being one of nature’s true wonders. Walking part of the way up the steep slope to the top of our island yesterday, the beautiful birds...
- Dr. Mads Gilbert on Gaza 1 month ago Our dear friend Franklin Lamb has passed on this excellent talk by Norwegian Doctor Mads Gilbert upon his return from Gaza.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Senior Dogs Abroad
03:54 AM November 24, 2012
Mark and Jolee are exciting, vibrant people who are deeply interested in Turkey. They both speak the language too! They travel all over, talk to everyone, explore and enjoy, and make sense of some of the more difficult things to understand in Turkey. They are living role models for retirement!
22:32 PM November 25, 2012
A brilliant grasp of the political situation in Turkey.
21:19 PM April 25, 2013
very sophisticated and all around good guys.