The Turkish Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- A very Beyoğlu 'Christmas' 4 months ago Amid the now-annual calls from some outraged corners of Turkey's religious establishment and conservative press for Muslims not to celebrate New Year's -- a holiday that has taken on many of the outward trappings of Christmas -- the usual mashup of traditions continued to mark the occasion in...
- We remember 5 months ago EuromaidanBerkin ElvanChibokSomaUğur KurtMosulGazaSinjarDonetskFergusonKobaniIguala... and far, far too many more.May the coming year bring more peace and less heartbreak.
- Haunted by history, ripe for tourism? 8 months ago There are few places in Turkey more visually intriguing and emotionally resonant than Kayaköy, a Mediterranean hillside village formerly inhabited by Anatolian Greeks, and left empty after its residents were forced to relocate to Greece under the population-exchange agreement of 1923.This mass...
- A girl walks into a bakkal 8 months ago Sweaty girl walks into a bakkal (corner store) after a long run:"Would you like water?""Yes, please. And what kind of juice do you have?""All kinds.""What do you have with no added sugar?"[The shopkeeper thinks for a moment.]"Cola."
- Once upon a time in northern Iraq 9 months ago A peaceful day on the Tigris River in northern Iraq.Herons soared overhead as our little flotilla made its way slowly down the Tigris, their calls echoing off the rocky cliffs towering on one side of the quiet river's banks. On the other bank, dry and golden as the summer came to an end, fishermen...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Turkish Life has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!