The Turkish Life
Latest Blog Posts »
- Down in the vault 2 months ago Entering the Sabancı University building in Karak
- TreeHugging in Turkey: A look back 4 months ago For the past four years, I've been blogging for TreeHugger.com about environmental news and views in Turkey and wherever else has piqued my interest.What passes for 'nature' in much of Istanbul.In the main, the environmental news from Turkey has been distressing to follow: continual construction of...
- A dessert with depth 4 months ago Cooking aşure at a Slow Food eventin Istanbul."What kind of dessert is this?" I thought to myself the first time I tried aşure. A traditional Turkish pudding thick with wheat, rice, chickpeas, and white beans, and studded with dried fruits and nuts, it seemed more reminiscent of a hearty,...
- Farewell, İnci 5 months ago The marble slab below the door sagged on one side, worn concave by the countless thousands of shoes that had trod upon it over the last 68 years.Photo: Athens VoiceUntil this weekend, many feet still passed through the threshold of İnci Pastanesi each day, especially on weekends, when Turkish...
- Atatürk'ün askerleri 7 months ago They'd been out on the street near Taksim Square all week, passing out leaflets calling for "1 million Atat
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Turkish Life has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!