Drawing On Istanbul
Latest Blog Posts »
- GHOST CHURCH: Drawing Theotokos in Chalkoprateia 2 months ago 5th century AD: Furious clamor as police descend on Constantinople’s Chalkoprateia, the Bronze District, where Jewish artisans live, creating and selling bronze items. Screaming in outrage, bearded Jews in caps are dragged from their shops, beaten, banished. An earlocked apprentice … Continue...
- SNOW CAFE: Drawing Plovdiv in Winter 4 months ago Oh, it’s cold now in Istanbul. Days like diamonds: brilliant sunshine, icy in the shadows. The sun fools you into wearing a lighter coat, and then it sets. Such a fantasy, Istanbul, amid seas and waterways. But its magnificent trees, … Continue reading →
- 2013 in review 3 months ago THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! It’s lovely to see you, all 25,000 reads, Stateside and in Turkey and in the UK, and astonishing that we are still being read in all through the Balkans, Scandinavia, Asia, Europe. I love that there … Continue reading →
- MARRAKECH: Drawing the Kasbah 5 months ago All my life I wanted to go to Morocco. Everybody in my generation, it seemed, hit that old hippie trail and came back glowing with wonders. Crosby, Stills & Nash released “Marrakech Express,” conjuring up exotic imagery enjoyed by everyone, … Continue reading →
- KYBELE HOTEL: Drawing in the Power of the Goddess 9 months ago BASTION OF CHARM Kybele Hotel, one block from Hagia Sophia in Sultanahmet at 35 Yerebatan Caddesi, next door to the Yoruk Collection. Far below in the shadowy Basilica Cistern is the giant upside-down stone Medusa. Moss greens her face like … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Drawing On Istanbul has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!