A Seasonal Cook in Turkey
Latest Blog Posts »
- Istanbul's very own Black Sea market! 1 week ago Of course I am referring to the Sunday market in Kasımpaşa which I blogged about just over two years ago.It's such a great place!It's the one where folk living in Kastamonu and İnebolu up by the Black Sea drive down in the early hours of Sunday to arrive in Istanbul at around 5am in...
- Cherry Cheesecake 1 week ago No, this isn't a Turkish recipe! But nowadays cheesecake is a firm Turkish favourite, at least in Istanbul caf
- Lamb with Quince Sprinkled with Pomegranate Seeds & Coriander 2 weeks ago lamb with quince sprinkled with pomegranate seeds and corianderWhen I spied a recipe with a similar picture way back in July, I mentally earmarked it for now, when the quinces and pomegranates are in abundance here in Istanbul.the quinces/ayva in the markets and local manavs
- Olive Loaf with fresh herbs and white cheese/Zeytinli Kek 3 weeks ago I was in the kitchen a few days ago with a cup of coffee trying to decide whether I was coming down with a cold or not. I was also flipping through one of my three trusty cooking files - so much more satisfying than checking the computer - just for fun, to remind myself of what I had thought...
- Harvesting Olives in Iznik 4 weeks ago Yesterday dawned bright and clear in the area around Lake Iznik: a perfect day for picking olives! The season has just begun and will continue from now on till March.I was staying in the charming little town of Iznik on the shores of this lake, about 90 km as the crow flies from Istanbul and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » A Seasonal Cook in Turkey has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!