Latest Blog Posts »
- The Karagöz puppets review "Mustang" 3 weeks ago The Karagöz puppets recently high-tailed it to the cinema to check out “Mustang,” a new film by Turkish-French writer Denis Gamze Ergüven. Set in Kastamonu province in Turkey, the film follows the lives of a set of beautiful and free-spirited adolescent sisters being raised … Continue...
- How to survive a dinner in Turkish, when you don't speak it 7 months ago Twelve years into this relationship, I am proud to say that I have mastered the alphabet, learned hundreds of words, can order a meal for myself and make basic pleasantries, but yet also appalled at myself as I have not … Continue reading →
- The Karagöz puppets recover from Bayram Driving madness 7 months ago Let me sit down here, have a glass of herbal “island” tea, catch my breath and tell you of the events of the last few days leading up to today’s Bayram (holiday in Turkish). I’m the sole human (or puppet) standing, … Continue reading →
- Learning Türkçe: Rowing in vain? 7 months ago Sometimes you try and try but you can’t get what you want because you are beating a dead horse and your endeavour is futile. In Turkish, the same concept is expressed with a different metaphor: “Boşa kürek çekmek.” It literally … Continue reading →
- The Karagöz puppets boycott "Inside Out" 8 months ago Pixar’s new film, “Inside Out” is all the rage these days. “Inside Out,” while ostensibly a story about a little girl experiencing the trials and travails of a move across country, is really a story about how the personifications of … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Slowly-by-Slowly has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!