Latest Blog Posts »
- A debate about surnames ensues among the female Karagöz puppets 7 months ago Recently, the Karagöz puppets have been reading the Hurriyet Daily News, which some of you may know to be one of the English language newspapers in Turkey. Why, you may ask, are they reading in English when they can full … Continue reading →
- Esma muses on what it's like to be both visible and invisible in Turkey 7 months ago When in Turkey, I lose my cumbersome Scots Gaelic name in favor of something that is more verbally palatable to the locals. I become “Esma.” As regular readers of this blog may recall, Esma is also the hippie puppet that … Continue reading →
- Head for the Zeytin Cafe in Ürgüp, Kapadokya 7 months ago While on their homecoming tour of Cappadocia (Kapadokya), the Karagöz puppets stumbled upon the most wonderful restaurant in Ürgüp. As you will recall, Mercan Bey, the spice trader, is an expert at finding amazing food no matter where he is … Continue reading →
- The Karagöz puppets review "Mustang" 1 year ago The Karagöz puppets recently high-tailed it to the cinema to check out “Mustang,” a new film by Turkish-French writer Denis Gamze Ergüven. Set in Kastamonu province in Turkey, the film follows the lives of a set of beautiful and free-spirited adolescent sisters being raised … Continue...
- How to survive a dinner in Turkish, when you don't speak it 1 year ago Twelve years into this relationship, I am proud to say that I have mastered the alphabet, learned hundreds of words, can order a meal for myself and make basic pleasantries, but yet also appalled at myself as I have not … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Slowly-by-Slowly has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!