Scottish Girl in Zurich
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Harem, Istanbul 1 day ago The Harem is situated in the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul. The Topkapi Palace was one of the residences of the Ottoman sultans for almost 400 years (1465-1865). The world harem in Arabic means "forbidden". To visit the Harem you have to pay an extra entrance fee, but it was certainly worth it.The...
- Bits of Madrid 4 days ago My sister and I usually try to have a long weekend away each year, this year we went to Madrid. I had already visited this city but about 17 years ago, so I was quite happy to go again.We visited all the major sites, the Royal Palace, Prado Museum, Buen Retiro Park, Plaza Major, Temple of Debod,...
- Photo of the Week - Graffiti Artist 6 days ago This is from last Saturday, Alessio was very interested in watching this artist busy at work. The guy even asked him if he wanted to do some drawing, Alessio politely declined!
- Rote Fabrik 1 week ago Saturday afternoon saw Alessio and myself at the Rote Fabrik (Red Factory) I parked the car a bit away and walked there by the lake. There is a new walkway over the lake from the area where the Restaurant Seerose is situated. It means you can walk from there all the way to Zurich by the lake, it...
- Colour Gourds 1 week ago Like possibly many other people, I have been watching the news since I woke up this morning and heard about what had happened in Paris over night. My thoughts go out to the families and friends of the people that have lost there lives in these deadly attacks.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Scottish Girl in Zurich has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!