Latest Blog Posts »
- The San Juan Nispero Festival 6 days ago With my sister here, we’ve been doing some fun stuff, like visiting ruins and enjoying the local sights. Over the weekend, there was a nispero festival in San Juan del Obispo, just outside Antigua. Naturally, we had to check it … Continue reading →
- My Baby Sister 1 week ago When I was 12, my parents had another baby, Caily. We were very close until I left Canada when she was 9. Over the past few years, we’ve been reconnecting and she’s down here for her second annual visit. It’s … Continue reading →
- Teaching Kids to Cook: Age Appropriate Activities 2 weeks ago All three boys were in the kitchen last night! They were inspired by a Jamie Oliver show they watched in the morning and so our dinner was this: Mustard chicken in cream sauce, dauphinoise potatoes (sort of) and sesame green … Continue reading →
- The Dangerous Alphabet Art Project: Part 1 2 weeks ago Years ago, my youngest sister gave my boys a copy of Neil Gaiman’s The Dangerous Alphabet. It’s a kind of creepy book, but really awesome! They loved it then and we read it every night for months. Recently, the book … Continue reading →
- Describe Yourself 3 weeks ago In school, the boys are working on adjectives. Today, one of their assignments was to come up with 10 adjectives to describe themselves. It seemed fairly simple and indeed, Dorian flew through the work, writing out things like “smart” “shy” … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Expat Mom has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!