Latest Blog Posts »
- Phew, what a scorcher (part 2) 5 years ago It’s my last day in Bishkek, after a very enjoyable sojurn to Osh, before jetting off for London and the real world. As it happens, I’m sitting in the same sweltering heat in the same internet cafe where I posted my first blog way back in August. Many thanks to everybody who followed me. I […]
- Out of Osh, into the mountains 5 years ago Had my first opportunity to see the mountain scenery of southern Kyrgyzstan on Sunday when I went there with a group of students at the language school where I’m volunteering. It was billed as a fun English-speaking day out, and that was exactly what we had. After a two-hour minibus ride across,...
- Victory Day in Osh 5 years ago The Europeans call it VE day. The former Soviet republics, of course, opt for the snappier Victory Day. There was loads on in Osh yesterday, including a gathering of war veterans, some of whom very kindly agreed to let me take their pictures.
- Bishkek blog on tour: Jalal-Abad 5 years ago Jalal-Abad city is only an hour and a half away by taxi from Osh, so today, being at a loose end, I headed over. It’s actually pretty close as the crow flies, but one has to take a big detour round a chunk of Uzbekistan that sticks eastwards into Kyrgyzstan. It was a pleasant journey, […]
- Bishkek blog on tour: Osh 5 years ago And so, after a mad but pleasant dash to Almaty in Kazakhstan for a new Kyrgyz visa (I couldn’t renew in the country) I’m writing this in what is essentially a comfortable bedsit in Osh, where I’m volunteering at a local langauge school for a month. I did my first classes today, and they went...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Bishkek blog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!