Keen on Kyrgyzstan
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Central Asian Falconry Project 3 months ago Hello there! All of my work on Kyrgyz falconry has moved to a brand-new site called The Central Asian Falconry Project. There you can find dozens of scanned books, documentary films, photos, my writings and my new blog. Come visit!
- Welcome 2 years ago Hi there, all! It’s been a year since I left Kyrgyzstan, and it’s been even longer since I’ve been away from the blog. In my last months there, I didn’t have much time to write posts, and so the blog was left hanging awkwardly, without an end or an explanation. I’m sorry if you […]
- The Worker's Paradise, pt. 2 - Awfully Pretty, Ain't It? 3 years ago From the Issyk-Ata Sanitorium, a thin trail leads through the valley above the bathhouses and dormitories to the alpine wilderness beyond. It was mid-morning, and the sanitorium’s patients, given some free time after the group breakfast, had come to the trail in twos and threes for the day’s...
- The Workers' Paradise - Pt. 1 3 years ago The city life was squeezing the air out of us. My brother Palmer has been living with me, doing a version of the nine-to-five at a school down the street, and he’d been stuck in the belly of Bishkek for a month without reprieve while I played with eagles in the countryside. He started to […]
- Anatomy of a Hunting Festival 3 years ago The Mysterious Oracle A woman reads a speech from a stage, but she’s not standing on it – she’s standing behind it. Her disembodied voice floats over the audience, pronouncing, “We are reviving the traditions of our ancestors!” After the couple hundred people who are there clap and cheer...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Kyrgyzstan Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Kyrgyzstan!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Keen on Kyrgyzstan has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!