Keen on Kyrgyzstan
Latest Blog Posts »
- Welcome 1 year ago Hi there, all! It’s been a year since I left Kyrgyzstan, and it’s been even longer since I’ve been away from the blog. In my last months there, I didn’t have much time to write posts, and so the blog was left hanging awkwardly, without an end or an explanation. I’m sorry if you […]
- The Worker's Paradise, pt. 2 - Awfully Pretty, Ain't It? 2 years ago From the Issyk-Ata Sanitorium, a thin trail leads through the valley above the bathhouses and dormitories to the alpine wilderness beyond. It was mid-morning, and the sanitorium’s patients, given some free time after the group breakfast, had come to the trail in twos and threes for the day’s...
- The Workers' Paradise - Pt. 1 2 years ago The city life was squeezing the air out of us. My brother Palmer has been living with me, doing a version of the nine-to-five at a school down the street, and he’d been stuck in the belly of Bishkek for a month without reprieve while I played with eagles in the countryside. He started to […]
- Anatomy of a Hunting Festival 2 years ago The Mysterious Oracle A woman reads a speech from a stage, but she’s not standing on it – she’s standing behind it. Her disembodied voice floats over the audience, pronouncing, “We are reviving the traditions of our ancestors!” After the couple hundred people who are there clap and cheer...
- Three Keens in Kyrgyzstan - Part II 2 years ago This is part two in a two-part series. To read the first part, scroll down or click here. Ala-Archa National Park was just a friendly taxi ride away. “Hey Dennis,” our taxi driver said before every question, “Where are you from? What are you doing here? Can I find you a Kyrgyz wife? Oh,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Kyrgyzstan Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Kyrgyzstan!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Keen on Kyrgyzstan has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!