Apocalypse Lao - Vientiane, Laos
Latest Blog Posts »
- Another Quiet American 3 years ago I have just started reading the opening of the latest edition of Brett Dakin‘s Another Quiet American. There first few pages are about his recent return to Laos, and are a reflection on the changes since he arrived. I feel I would share some of his sentiments, such as the disgust that Swensens...
- Laos Documentary - "The Most Secret Place on Earth" 3 years ago I recently watched a documentary on Laos called The Most Secret Place on Earth. It was about how Laos was used by the Americans in the war, and in particular how an airstrip set up just outside Vientiane was at one point in time the busiest airport in the world with planes continually landing every...
- Food from Northern Laos 3 years ago The author of Food from Northern Laos has pointed me to their excellent blog. They have some great photos and stories of Lao food. I can’t wait to go back and try some of these things. They have a new book available which I will be ordering a copy off. JoJo in Laos is another […]
- Travel advice to friends heading to Laos 3 years ago I have a good friend heading to Laos. They’ve asked me for advice on what to do. I thought what I tell them might be worth sharing with the internet. My expertise is in Vientiane, having lived there for one year. Things to do in Vientiane off the top of my head: - Going for […]
- Fundraising cycling in Laos 3 years ago Care Australia with Channel 10 ran a fundraising cycling trip to Laos. I think Laos is a pretty awesome place to cycle through. Just driving from Vientiane, to Luang Prabang was pretty amazing. I’m going to add it to my to do before I die list. CARE Cycle Challenge from CARE Australia on Vimeo.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Apocalypse Lao - Vientiane, Laos has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!