Apocalypse Lao - Vientiane, Laos
Latest Blog Posts »
- Bamboo Lounge in Luang Namtha 1 week ago The ‘Bamboo Lounge’ cafe in Laos is looking for some help to keep them financially viable over the tourist low season. Visited Luang Namtha a long time ago, and went on a trek there. I remember the night markets being very nice, and it otherwise being a very quiet town. I remember they had a...
- Another Quiet American 3 years ago I have just started reading the opening of the latest edition of Brett Dakin‘s Another Quiet American. There first few pages are about his recent return to Laos, and are a reflection on the changes since he arrived. I feel I would share some of his sentiments, such as the disgust that Swensens...
- Laos Documentary - "The Most Secret Place on Earth" 3 years ago I recently watched a documentary on Laos called The Most Secret Place on Earth. It was about how Laos was used by the Americans in the war, and in particular how an airstrip set up just outside Vientiane was at one point in time the busiest airport in the world with planes continually landing every...
- Food from Northern Laos 3 years ago The author of Food from Northern Laos has pointed me to their excellent blog. They have some great photos and stories of Lao food. I can’t wait to go back and try some of these things. They have a new book available which I will be ordering a copy off. JoJo in Laos is another […]
- Travel advice to friends heading to Laos 3 years ago I have a good friend heading to Laos. They’ve asked me for advice on what to do. I thought what I tell them might be worth sharing with the internet. My expertise is in Vientiane, having lived there for one year. Things to do in Vientiane off the top of my head: – Going for […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Apocalypse Lao - Vientiane, Laos has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!