Apocalypse Lao - Vientiane, Laos
Latest Blog Posts »
- Lao Youtube Video 1 year ago This is probably the best video I’ve seen about Laos for anyone interested in visiting the country. It shows people, animals and the environment. I never knew there were these amazing giant catfish in the Mekong.
- Bamboo Lounge in Luang Namtha 2 years ago The ‘Bamboo Lounge’ cafe in Laos is looking for some help to keep them financially viable over the tourist low season. Visited Luang Namtha a long time ago, and went on a trek there. I remember the night markets being very nice, and it otherwise being a very quiet town. I remember they had a...
- Another Quiet American 5 years ago I have just started reading the opening of the latest edition of Brett Dakin‘s Another Quiet American. There first few pages are about his recent return to Laos, and are a reflection on the changes since he arrived. I feel I would share some of his sentiments, such as the disgust that Swensens...
- Laos Documentary - "The Most Secret Place on Earth" 5 years ago I recently watched a documentary on Laos called The Most Secret Place on Earth. It was about how Laos was used by the Americans in the war, and in particular how an airstrip set up just outside Vientiane was at one point in time the busiest airport in the world with planes continually landing every...
- Food from Northern Laos 5 years ago The author of Food from Northern Laos has pointed me to their excellent blog. They have some great photos and stories of Lao food. I can’t wait to go back and try some of these things. They have a new book available which I will be ordering a copy off. JoJo in Laos is another […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Apocalypse Lao - Vientiane, Laos has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!