Latest Blog Posts »
- Oscar's Heart Murmur 3 days ago Last June we took Oscar to the docs for yet another infernal infection, poor mite, and during the routine check of ears, throat, lungs etc the doctor found a heart murmur*. That moment is etched in my heart forever. All the clichés came true in one fell swoop. Time stood still. It felt like an...
- School Nurse and School Dinners 5 days ago The School Nurse rang me recently. Alfie’s height and weight had been flagged up during her first visit, last year during P1. He was then on the 99th centile for both, so she had requested another appointment and was calling me with the results. She was inordinately relieved to hear that we were...
- Oscar's Heart Murmur 1 week ago Last June we took Oscar to the docs for yet another infernal infection, poor mite, and during the routine check of ears, throat, lungs etc the doctor found a heart murmur. That moment is etched in my heart forever. All the clichés came true in one fell swoop. Time stood still. It felt like an […]
- The Nit Kit 1 week ago Well it finally happened – we got the nits innit? I’m surprised it’s taken so long but perhaps sending the boys to a prep school has its advantages after all? Of course being naïve about nits poor old Oscar had an itchy head for weeks*. My first thought was head lice but every time I […]
- Mental Health Awareness 2 weeks ago Did you realise this week is Mental Health Awareness Week? Well for starters go and check out the very excellent Jeremy Vine programme on BBC Radio 2. Each day Jeremy is talking about a different topic, such as self harm, anorexia and bipolar disorder. This particular clip is about depression. Now...
Contest Entries »
- Top 5 Socially Responsible Businesses in Yangon Expat Blog Awards 2013 Top 5 Socially Responsible Businesses in YangonWant to shop, eat or do some business in Yangon and feel that you are actually making a difference at the same time? Look no further than these five companies which have all sprung up around town in...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Myanmar Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Myanmar!Copy and paste code to display the Myanmar Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Wilson Blades
17:39 PM December 11, 2012
Wilson Blades is a great blog touching on interesting aspects of living in Myanmar. You can learn about funny shopping experiences and what life is like here as an expat. :) Not only that, she's an amazing woman. :)