American Expat in Chiang Mai
Latest Blog Posts »
- Songkran Survivor 2 days ago I love the smell of.. ahhh… Well, I love the smell of water in the morning. This morning I observed the, not much spoken about, seedy side of Songkran. First off let me say that I believe this holiday is … Continue reading →
- Financial Advice 2 weeks ago Here’s another great post from The Baseline Scenario: The Desperation of the Vanishing Middle Class Posted: 31 Mar 2014 11:30 AM PDT By James Kwak I recently finished reading Pound Foolish, by Helaine Olen, which I discussed earlier (while one-third of the way through). … Continue reading...
- The Baseline Scenario 2 months ago The Baseline Scenario is one of our favorite blogs because it’s written by highly qualified professionals who are also compassionate, humorous, and blunt-speaking. Here’s their latest post. If you like it (i.e.., are horrified by what they’ve discovered) then subscribe… … Continue reading...
- A Few Thoughts on Immigration 2 months ago Keith Allen has sold his house and is packing to move to Thailand. He’s been thinking a lot about immigration (since he’s about to become an immigrant) and here are his most recent musings: As ex-pats we run the very … Continue reading →
- The Truth About Our Economy? 3 months ago Greg’s favorite source for information about our economy is a bunch of folks in DC who seem independent, balanced, but aggressive about debunking a lot of the stuff we read in the media that is biassed or unbalanced. It’s called … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Thailand Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Thailand!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on American Expat in Chiang Mai
13:35 PM November 26, 2012
Best site for Americans wanting to escape to Chiang Mai.
09:48 AM December 02, 2012
very up to date with real articles about real situations. not like the pie in the sky **** found on most blogs.
10:50 AM December 02, 2012
Agreed, this guy gives it to you straight. Lot's of fantastic information that can only be found by being there.
17:18 PM January 22, 2014
Great Blog! My gal and I will be in Thailand for a couple weeks in February. We would like to see both north and south , about a week in Phuket area and a week in chiang Mai . Should I book my in country flight now which seems super affordable via trip advisor. Or should I buy the tickets at flight time ? Thank you in advance for your help. Mike & Mandy