American Expat in Chiang Mai
Latest Blog Posts »
- Obamacare and the American Expat 3 weeks ago Probably the worst financial disaster in this new century the US Federal Government has given to the American people is Obamacare, sometimes euphemistically referred to as the Affordable Care Act, the worst oxymoron since Military Intelligence. Before Obamacare, there were … Continue reading →
- Shadows from the Old Lanna Kingdom: The First Capital City, Wiang Kum Kam 3 months ago In 1984, the city of Wiang Kum Kam was rediscovered by archeologists. Before that time, the ancient city was thought by many to be just a myth. For at least two centuries, the city had been almost completely buried because … Continue reading →
- Advice on Marriage and Divorce from an Expat 3 months ago One of our regular comment writers on blog postings on this site, Chuck (aka Thai Stick), is going through a bit marital trauma and would like to contribute a little advice that he has learned from the experience. I am … Continue reading →
- A Quest for the Perfect Pizza in Northern Thailand 3 months ago For Americans, one of the first things missed when they are living abroad is a good American style pizza. While pizza is made just about everywhere in the world, there is a special experience with a good American pizza and … Continue reading →
- The TPP and the "Pivot to Asia" by the US may not be going so well 3 months ago The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a “Free Trade” Agreement initiated by the United States about 3 years ago, and has been strongly promoted by the Obama administration. The agreement, however, has little to do with free trade and much … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Thailand Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Thailand!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on American Expat in Chiang Mai
13:35 PM November 26, 2012
Best site for Americans wanting to escape to Chiang Mai.
09:48 AM December 02, 2012
very up to date with real articles about real situations. not like the pie in the sky **** found on most blogs.
10:50 AM December 02, 2012
Agreed, this guy gives it to you straight. Lot's of fantastic information that can only be found by being there.