Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Ambience with Prisma 20 hours ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Ambience. “For, through the twilight sounds of crickets and sighing trees, a faint, surprising wisp of music came floating to them and all three turned toward it, toward the wood.” ― Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting … Continue reading →
- When Mango Trees Hit Back 1 day ago “Of all the trees we could’ve hit, we had to get one that hits back.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Oh, I love this quote! I remember that scene from the Chamber of Secrets well. It … Continue reading →
- First Aid on Ometepe Island 3 days ago Safety is as simple as ABC – Always Be Careful. Several years ago, there was a horrible accident on Ometepe Island. A drunk driver on a motorcycle crashed into another motorcycle head-on. Then, two more motorcycles tried to swerve to … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Names Have Power! 1 week ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Names “Names have power.” ― Rick Riordan In today’s tumultuous world, our names have power. We add our names to lists to protest injustices, to march for human rights, to sign petitions, to join groups, … Continue reading →
- How to Catch a Thief in the Digital Age 1 week ago “Stealing, of course, is a crime, and a very impolite thing to do. But like most impolite things, it is excusable under certain circumstances. Stealing is not excusable if, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!