Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Love Your Country or Leave It? 2 days ago “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.” ― Mark Twain Usually one of the first questions I am asked about being an expat besides the “What do you do in Nicaragua?” or “Are you a missionary?” … Continue reading →
- Can Expats Live Without These Things? 1 week ago “If all you do is think about what you need, you’re no better than an animal in the woods, and no smarter either. To be human, you’ve got to want. It makes you smarter and stronger.” ― Dan Groat Ron … Continue reading →
- Tropical Storm Nate in Nicaragua 1 week ago “Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.” ― Roy T. Bennett A storm is brewing! “Beware!” the zopilotes caw from the tree tops. The U.S. Embassy warned us about tropical storm Nate. We didn’t think much … Continue reading →
- Our Road Less Traveled 2 weeks ago “Look for chances to take the less-traveled roads. There are no wrong turns.” ― Susan Magsamen We have always tramped the road less traveled. It keeps us young and energetic. When we moved to Ometepe Island permanently in 2010, we … Continue reading →
- Pondering Progress in Nicaragua 3 weeks ago “The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt Economic growth is one of … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!