Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Living Without a Door 10 hours ago The Weekly Photo is: Door Two years ago I completed a Weekly Photo Challenge: Opening Colorful Doors Yet, for this photo challenge, I am taking the opposite approach. What would life be like living without a door? You see, my … Continue reading →
- Let's Get Real About Personal Space in Nicaragua 2 days ago Four airplanes arrived in Nicaragua on the same day and at the same time. We were standing in an unusually long, disorganized line in customs. There was a small space in front of me…enough space for the man’s backpack to … Continue reading →
- Toad Suckers in Nicaragua 5 days ago Petunia gave birth to nine piglets yesterday. Today, she suffers from mastitis. My neighbors ran around my yard looking for a fat Cane Toad to alleviate Petunia’s pain, so she could feed her litter. A Cane Toad? “What will you … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My Magnificent Muse 1 week ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Muse. My magnificent muse is Concepcion Volcano. Most of the time she sleeps majestically in my backyard and is a constant source of my artistic inspiration. See for yourself! Webcam for Concepcion Volcano. No matter … Continue reading →
- Chikun...What? 1 week ago “It is astonishing how much worse one mosquito can be than a swarm. A swarm can be prepared against, but one mosquito takes on a personality—a hatefulness, a sinister quality of the struggle to the death.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!