Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Life is Fleeting 5 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is transient. Yesterday, I traveled to Managua on the mainland, and caught a glimpse of the clouds surrounding our island volcano. It was stunning, as if our sleeping beauty was hovering in air. It reminded me how … Continue reading →
- Out of Nicaragua 1 week ago “One does not travel by plane. One is merely sent, like a parcel.” ― Karen Blixen We’ve been out of Nicaragua for three months. It is the longest time we have been away in the seven years that we have … Continue reading →
- Travel Can Be Exhausting 1 month ago We have been traveling since March…three countries…eleven airplanes…two hotels…four Airbnbs…two casa particulars…one train…too many buses and taxis to count…one boat…one rental car…and stayed in two houses ( our house and our son’s house). We still have seven airplanes...
- My Love Affair with International Markets 1 month ago Everywhere we travel, the first thing I look for is the local market. Local markets are bursting with heritage breeds and heirloom varieties of vegetables, fruits and other mysterious food items known only to the locals. Walking through a local … Continue reading →
- Other than Humans in Cuba and Mexico 2 months ago “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” ~Mahatma Gandhi I take too many photographs when I travel. That’s the truth! Yet, when I review the photos I take, … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!