Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Why We Need Cabinets in Nicaragua 2 days ago We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics. ~Bill Vaughan I spend my life in Nicaragua sweeping up bug carcasses. No space is sacred, … Continue reading →
- Wind Energy in Nicaragua 4 days ago The Central Bank (BCN) reported that Nicaragua’s oil bill was reduced by 11.2% last year, going from US$ 777.8 million dollars in 2015 to US$690 million in 2016. The reduction was due to a decline in international oil price and … Continue reading →
- How Reading Helps a Community 5 days ago “We read to know we’re not alone.” ― William Nicholson, Shadowlands I had many photos to accompany this post, but I received a call this morning telling me that it is against Nicaraguan law to post pictures of Nicaraguan police … Continue reading →
- Humans of Nicaragua: Ever and Blanca Build New Lives Together 1 week ago “It is such a happiness when good people get together — and they always do.” ― Jane Austen Valentine’s Day was also the wedding day of Ever and Blanca. I’ve written about Ever before in Humans of Nicaragua: Ever Builds … Continue reading →
- Responsibilities of U.S. Embassy Wardens 1 week ago “Lets have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.” ― Abraham Lincoln Five years ago, the U.S. Embassy warden for Ometepe Island moved back … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!