Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Apps and Internet Links for Expats 1 week ago “Mobile is the digital gateway for the real world.” ― Tomi Ahonen I predict that soon becoming an expat will be common. There are massive economic and technological forces that are moving ordinary people abroad by the millions. Do … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Trios from Our Travels 1 week ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is TRIO. There is something magical about three you know – a trio is tight and nicely economical. ~Ian Williams One of the best things about living in Nicaragua is that we can afford to travel … Continue reading →
- Wet Foot, Dry Foot: Cuban Refugees Halted at Nicaraguan Border 1 week ago “Recognize yourself in he and she who are not like you and me.” ― Carlos Fuentes The scene at the Costa Rica/Nicaragua border this past weekend is reminiscent of a Syrian refugee camp, but on a much smaller scale … Continue reading →
- As Much Money and Life as You Could Want! 2 weeks ago “As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all – the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” ― J.K. … Continue reading →
- Part Two: Let's Get Real About Expat Health Insurance 2 weeks ago “Both terrorism and insurance sell fear — and business is business” ― Liam McCurry, Terminal Policy The greatest fear of mine is a slow, painful, and expensive death from a catastrophic illness or accident. Living abroad poses many health risks, … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!