Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Travel Theme: Life is like a Box of Crayons 5 days ago “Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8 color boxes, but what you’re really looking for are the 64 color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64 color box, … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Angular 6 days ago The Weekly Photo challenge is Angular. Angular can mean acting or moving awkwardly. It certainly applies to our active volcano, Concepcion, when she was inundated with 15 inches of rain overnight on October 8, 2014. In her wake, she left … Continue reading →
- An Update on Our Cost of Living 1 week ago It’s been a long time since I did a cost of living post. So, here’s an account for the month of October, 2014. I. Utilities 1. Electricity 1,235 c $47.31 2. Water ...
- Ometepinos March Against the Canal 1 week ago “One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.” ― Martin Luther King Jr. Over 2,000 people attended the march against the canal in Moyogalpa, Ometepe Island on Saturday, November 15, 2014. When I filmed the march, it surprised me … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Achievement 1 week ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is achievement. We are preparing for the 4th Annual Fuego y Agua Survival Run on Ometepe Island. Every February, we follow the runners up and down both volcanoes and through jungles. It is a grueling race … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!