Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dialogue with the Circle of Life 3 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Dialogue. The nourishing rains have finally begun in Nicaragua, which reminds me that life is a full circle sustaining and feeding us all. We all have a place in the circle of life. Always remember … Continue reading →
- A Word a Week Photograph Challenge: Rust 4 days ago “Iron can only be destroyed by rust, and rust is a slow process which is caused by the hydrogen ion from water in the environment. Coat yourself against negative thoughts and be careful what you feed your mind because your … Continue reading →
- Mama Said There'd be Days Like This 6 days ago “Love is a piano dropped from a fourth story window, and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.” ~Ani Defraco Two geckos were mating in our bedroom door jamb. Unbeknownst to us…we shut the door! Wrong … Continue reading →
- Gioconda Belli: Let's get back to focusing on happiness 6 days ago Many thanks to the Tico Times and Fabiola Pomareda for this article. Nicaraguan novelist and poet Gioconda Belli, born in Managua in 1948, wrote the poem “Yo fui una vez una muchacha risueña” (“I was once a cheerful girl”) … Continue reading →
- Let the Good Times Roll? 1 week ago “No one has ever become poor by giving.” ― Anne Frank, diary of Anne Frank Recently, I’ve been bombarded on my Facebook news feed with videos of the ALS Ice Bucket challenge. The ALS marketing strategy is brilliant and … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!