Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art 11 hours ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is: Cover Art. I just returned from the vela (wake) of my 82-year-old neighbor, Don Jose. If I were to write a short story about velas and funerals in Nicaragua, I would use this photo as … Continue reading →
- The Birthday Party 1 day ago Originally posted on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua:My carrot cake at the birthday party The Birthday Party January 22, 2005 It was at Alba Ligia’s sixth birthday celebration, where I learned the meaning of compassionate immersion, creative ingenuity,…
- Goodie Bags for Los Ramos 4 days ago It’s not often that one gets to see immediate results of their donations or knows that all of the money received goes directly to those who need it the most. For $800 we bought over 1,000 pounds of food for … Continue reading →
- Travel Theme: Broken Lives 5 days ago “This planet is a broken bone that didn’t set right, a hundred pieces of crystal glued together. We’ve been shattered and reconstructed.” ~ Tahereh Mafi Broken lives…125 families forced to reconstruct their lives from the devastating rock and mudslides on … Continue reading →
- A Lesson in Real Humility 1 week ago “Life is a long lesson in humility.” ― J.M. Barrie I was raised in the belief that one should always be humble, which I interpreted as being meek, never accepting a compliment, and certainly never acknowledging a gift or … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!