Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Humans of Nicaragua: Francesco and the Elements 3 weeks ago “That man who is more than his chemistry, walking on the earth, turning his plow point for a stone, dropping his handles to slide over an outcropping, kneeling in the earth to eat his lunch; that man who is more … Continue reading →
- Let's Get Real about Housesitting in Nicaragua 3 weeks ago “Whenever you go on a trip to visit foreign lands or distant places, remember that they are all someone’s home and backyard.” ― Vera Nazarian Honestly, we have never had a problem finding housesitters. Who wouldn’t want to stay on … Continue reading →
- Happy Nicaraguan Mother's Day 3 weeks ago Mothers have a tremendous impact on the world in which we live. All the more reason to celebrate mothers and motherhood around the world. Nicaragua celebrates Mother’s Day on Monday, May 30th. It is a holiday for all working mothers … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Spare Me a Trip to the Dentist! 4 weeks ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is spare. Oh! Please! Spare me a trip to the dentist. It isn’t easy when I have a toothache. It involves catching the early ferry for an hour’s trip to the dentist on the mainland. The … Continue reading →
- Signs of the Times 1 month ago Originally posted on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua: Warning: This post is hypocritical, cynical, and questionable because I have no answers, only more questions. Yesterday, I read a post from a blogging friend. She was invited to speak at an…
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!