Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Duped on Ometepe Island? 1 day ago “Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don’t have brains enough to be honest.” ~ Benjamin Franklin I think I have been duped! Last week, a Department of Health medical brigade (MINSA) came to Ometepe … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Express Yourself 3 days ago The weekly photo challenge is Express Yourself. When Don Jose passed away, we had the job of entertaining his grandsons while everyone was making arrangements for the wake or vela. I love this photo because it really shows the … Continue reading →
- Illegal Immigrants and Perpetual Tourists in Nicaragua 5 days ago Last week, I went to Granada to visit friends. Not only were there throngs of tourists, but there appeared to be many new foreigners moving to the Granada area. Fancy hotels and condos sprung up in Granada, practically overnight. New … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Serenity Now 1 week ago “We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. … Continue reading →
- Ignorance is Our Deepest Secret 1 week ago “There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions.” ― Charles Proteus Steinmetz Fifteen years ago, when we explored our options to retire abroad, I joined many expat forums. Most of the … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!