Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Plentiful Puppies 20 hours ago “Happiness is a warm puppy.” ― Charles M. Schulz Last night, on Earth Day, Ratonita ( I named her because she is a great rat catcher in our garden) gave birth to four puppies under our brush pile. At the … Continue reading →
- Día de la Tierra Feliz 1 day ago On Earth Day, we celebrate all the gifts the world and nature make available to us. We recognize our complete dependence on its bounty. And we acknowledge the need for good stewardship to preserve its fruits for future generations. ~ … Continue reading →
- Our Mini-Super Morphed into Mega! 4 days ago “It’s easy for Americans to forget that the food they eat doesn’t magically appear on a supermarket shelf.” – Christopher Dodd, American Politician Our Mini-Super grocery store has changed gradually throughout the four years we’ve lived permanently on Ometepe Island. … Continue...
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Bird's Eye View of Nicaragua 5 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is On Top. Whether you are a bird or a cat on a hot tin roof, the sights above Nicaragua are spectacular. There is a rooftop community of cats in Granada. Climb to top of the … Continue reading →
- Blood Moon Over Ometepe Island 1 week ago “The moon was reigning over their world, glowing its full splendor to all those willing to look up.” ― Irina Serban, Full Circle Then, at midnight on Ometepe Island, Nicaragua, the light of the moon dimmed gradually, while the roosters … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!