Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Speculating about the Nicaragua Canal Project 4 days ago “Speculation is an effort, probably unsuccessful, to turn a little money into a lot. Investment is an effort, which should be successful, to prevent a lot of money from becoming a little.” ― Fred Schwed Jr. Yesterday, October 24, … Continue reading →
- Travel Theme: Numbers 6 days ago “[When asked why are numbers beautiful?] “It’s like asking why is Ludwig van Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don’t see why, someone can’t tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren’t beautiful, nothing is.” ― Paul Erdős … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Cover Art 6 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is: Cover Art. I just returned from the vela (wake) of my 82-year-old neighbor, Don Jose. If I were to write a short story about velas and funerals in Nicaragua, I would use this photo as … Continue reading →
- The Birthday Party 1 week ago Originally posted on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua:My carrot cake at the birthday party The Birthday Party January 22, 2005 It was at Alba Ligia’s sixth birthday celebration, where I learned the meaning of compassionate immersion, creative ingenuity,…
- Goodie Bags for Los Ramos 1 week ago It’s not often that one gets to see immediate results of their donations or knows that all of the money received goes directly to those who need it the most. For $800 we bought over 1,000 pounds of food for … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!