Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- An Update on Our Cost of Living 1 day ago It’s been a long time since I did a cost of living post. So, here’s an account for the month of October, 2014. I. Utilities 1. Electricity 1,235 c $47.31 2. Water ...
- Ometepinos March Against the Canal 4 days ago “One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.” ― Martin Luther King Jr. Over 2,000 people attended the march against the canal in Moyogalpa, Ometepe Island on Saturday, November 15, 2014. When I filmed the march, it surprised me … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Achievement 6 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is achievement. We are preparing for the 4th Annual Fuego y Agua Survival Run on Ometepe Island. Every February, we follow the runners up and down both volcanoes and through jungles. It is a grueling race … Continue reading →
- Sharpening Machetes 1 week ago Our hands will not tremble when we bring out sharp machetes to protect our families, our land, and our basic human rights. ~ The Nicaraguan people I was going to write a post about the many uses of the … Continue reading →
- Los Ramos Says Many Thanks! 1 week ago The Help Los Ramos Rebuild donation website has been extremely successful. Thanks to YOUR support for this lovely indigenous community, you have given them hope and encouragement to rebuild their community of 125 families who were affected by the October … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!