Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My Quest for Cultural Diversity and Immersion 3 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Quest “Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.” ― Mahatma Gandhi This is a perfect photo challenge for me because my blog focuses on cultural … Continue reading →
- The Best Water Therapy Resort on Ometepe Island 6 days ago “The water doesn’t know how old you are.” ― Dara Torres I’ve started water therapy exercises for my knee. I love the feeling of freedom walking in the water. Although we live on the beach and have a plunge pool, … Continue reading →
- How to Avoid ATM Fees When Living Abroad 1 week ago “Folks don’t carry money around in their pockets. They’ve got to go to an ATM machine, and they’ve got to pay a few dollars to get their own dollars out of the machine. Who ever thought you’d pay cash to … Continue reading →
- How to Get Absentee Ballots for U.S. Citizens 1 week ago Originally posted on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua: My husband and I have always exercised our right to vote in local, state, and national elections. Even as expats, we continue to vote for we believe that “the ballot is stronger…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Living on the Edge 2 weeks ago “And God said come to the edge.” “I can’t. I’m afraid.” “Come to the edge.” “I can’t. I’ll fall” “Come to the edge.” I went to the edge and God pushed me…….and I flew.”― Guillaume Apollinaire The Weekly Photo … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!