Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Island of Pepes 3 days ago “Even the ocean waves take their hellos to the people all the time. I should take my hellos down to the beach and sell waves to the tourists.” ― Jarod Kintz After exploring the most touristy places in Cartagena, … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Heat Waves 6 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is: Abstract The heat in Nicaragua now is unfathomable. We went to a funeral today and the dry crumbly leaves blanketed the grave site. Even the plastic flowers wilted. Looking through muddied heat waves, I had … Continue reading →
- Earth Day Nicaraguan Style 1 week ago “A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” —John James Audubon This week we are celebrating Earth Day at the La Paloma Elementary School. Because one … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Golden Spice of Dinnertime 2 weeks ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is: Dinnertime “Each spice has a special day to it. For turmeric it is Sunday, when light drips fat and butter-colored into the bins to be soaked up glowing, when you pray to the nine planets … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Future Thoughts from My Mother 3 weeks ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Future. This is what I learned about the future from my mother…with quotes and my photos from Cartagena, Colombia. When I was young, I ate breakfast with my mother and we would share our dreams … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!