Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Thankful, Cautious, Shrewd, and Charitable 2 weeks ago “Be happy when you work, thankful when you earn, cautious when you spend, shrewd when you save, and charitable when you give.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo This is a quote we live by…our mantra for financial security and happiness. We leave … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Monkey Mugs 3 weeks ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is A Face in the Crowd. Growing up in the states, we only saw monkeys in a zoo. Now, we live with them on our Island of Peace. However, the Howler monkeys sure aren’t peaceful with … Continue reading →
- Touring Ometepe Island 3 weeks ago Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.~Gustave Flaubert We’ve had company most of the month of February. I love when friends come to visit because it gives us an opportunity to tour … Continue reading →
- Goodbye to Ome Tepetl (Two Mountains) 1 month ago Originally posted on Quesnel Bikers: The morning we left Ometepe we had the good fortune to meet Ron and Debbie who, for over a decade have lived on the island. There are many stories of “expats” moving to other countries…
- School Days 1 month ago “You’re off to great places. Today is your day! Your volcano is waiting. So get on your way! ~ a variation of Dr. Seuss Monday was the first day of school for most of the students in Nicaragua. I love … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!