Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Let's Play Ball! 1 hour ago “Never allow the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game!” ― Babe Ruth It should also be noted, never let the lack of a proper field or uniforms keep you from playing the game. Baseball is revered … Continue reading →
- Gypsytoes or Stickytoes 1 week ago This says it all about our lives on Ometepe Island. We want the best of all worlds. How does one decide to stay or go? Is it possible to have Gypsytoes and Stickytoes together? If so, how does that work? Here … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sticky Gecko Toes 2 weeks ago Weekly Photo Challenge is Texture Last night two geckos were outside clinging to my kitchen window mating. This may be the best gecko porn I have ever photographed! I wondered how they pulled off their gravity-defying feat. A little research … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Textures of Tzintzuntzan 2 weeks ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Texture. Tzintzuntzan was the capital of the Purépecha Empire when the Spanish arrived in 1522. Situated on Lake Pátzcuaro, Mexico the character of the indigenous people is clear in every archeological remnant and rock of … Continue reading →
- Random Rants about My Country of Birth 2 weeks ago Random ranting is always good for the soul. It is like a pressure cooker value releasing steam. A good rant is cathartic. Sometimes ranting keeps me sane. And living in Nicaragua as an expat, I have some frustrations about my … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!