Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- We're Leaving Our Babies 4 days ago We’ve lived in Nicaragua on and off since 2004, and for the past six years we have been here permanently. We decided this year that we are going to wean ourselves off Nicaragua for six months a year. It is … Continue reading →
- Home Invasions with Pork Legs!!! 1 week ago “She wanted more, more slang, more figures of speech, the bee’s knees, the cats pajamas, horse of a different color, dog-tired, she wanted to talk like she was born here, like she never came from anywhere else” ― Jonathan Safran … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My Beacon of Home 1 week ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Local. “There’s no limit to the human capacity for the homing sentiment.” ~ Edward Abbey Like a beacon, our Concepcion Volcano on Ometepe Island is my guide home. From the bell tower in Granada, Concepcion … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Life Watching the Water 2 weeks ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is: H2O “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” ― Nicholas Sparks Living on an island in front … Continue reading →
- An Update on Our Plunge Pool 3 weeks ago I’ve done my water therapy exercises for my knee at La Punta Resort. But we have had many afternoon thunderstorms just as we are getting ready to leave for the pool. So, we filled up our plunge pool so I … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!