Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Wanderlust: A belly aching fire 1 day ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Wanderlust. I know some of my readers wonder why I include posts about our travels to other countries besides Nicaragua. After all, my blog is supposed to be about living in Nicaragua. Yet, my gypsytoes ache … Continue reading →
- Santeria: Cuba's Worship of the Saints 3 days ago “All is indeed a Blessing IF you can just see beyond the veils; for it is ‘all’ an illusion and a test, and one of the greatest Divine Mysteries of this life cycle.” This IS my constant prayer, my mantra, … Continue reading →
- Cuba is More than Havana 6 days ago “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” ― John Muir Walking through a small art gallery in Havana, I became mesmerized by this painting. Is this in Cuba? … Continue reading →
- Part II: Renting a Guagua or Waawaa We Go! 1 week ago Life is similar to a bus ride, or in the case of Sandy’s Cuban family, a guagua ride. (pronounced waa waa) The journey began when Sandy rented a guagua to take us to Havana for an evening of entertainment. You … Continue reading →
- Cultural Anthropology: Semana Santa in Mexico 1 week ago “It may be in the cultural particularities of people — in their oddities — that some of the most instructive revelations of what it is to be generically human are to be found.” ― Clifford Geertz The cultural peculiarities … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!