Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to Afford to Travel 17 hours ago “Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.” ― Dallin H. Oaks I love reading travel essays, but before we started traveling I was disappointed when the essays never explained how one affords to travel. … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Relaxing with the New Zealand Fur Seals 5 days ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Relax. We just returned from a month’s long vacation through New Zealand. Vacations are seldom relaxing, but the fur seals of New Zealand know how to unwind. Tonga Island in Abel Tasman National Park is … Continue reading →
- There is a Crack in Everything 3 weeks ago ….that’s how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen Perhaps “Anthem” by Leonard Cohen, which took him a decade to write, is the most meaningful message for our troubled world today. In honor of the life of Leonard Cohen, my photos … Continue reading →
- Is Nature a Person? 4 weeks ago “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” ― Mark Twain Traveling through New Zealand during our US Presidential election has been enlightening…to say the least. The Kiwis are dumbfounded and they, along … Continue reading →
- How We Lost Saturday 2 months ago “There is a is a certain metaphysical comfort in knowing that you can cease to have material form and it doesn’t hurt at all.” ~Bill Bryson We flew from North America to Fiji on Friday and lost Saturday. Every time … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!