Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Grand Homecoming 4 days ago “Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.” ― Charles Dickens The Weekly Photo Challenge is Grand… a magical, special place…the “wow” factor. After a long stressful trip back … Continue reading →
- Flights of Fancy 5 days ago “Some might think that the creativity, imagination, and flights of fancy that give my life meaning are insanity.” ― Vladimir Nabokov I must be insane. My life is piloted on whims of fantasy. Returning to Nicaragua, it dawned on me … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Stories are Light 1 week ago “Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark. Begin at the beginning. Tell Gregory a story. Make some light.” ― Kate DiCamillo, The Tale of Despereaux This Thanksgiving we made some light…fishing in the St. John’s River, … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unexpected 2 weeks ago “Most people want to be circled by safety, not by the unexpected. The unexpected can take you out. But the unexpected can also take you over and change your life. Put a heart in your body where a stone used … Continue reading →
- 15 Minutes of Fame 2 weeks ago Andy Warhol coined an expression in 1968 when he said, “In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes.” I thought I used up my 15 minutes of fame years ago, but I have been blessed with unusual experiences … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!