Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Meet Maxwell 16 hours ago “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” ― Charles William Eliot In 2004, Maxwell was one of my English students. He is … Continue reading →
- Our Pretirement Experiment 3 days ago “The goal of retirement is to live off your assets-not on them” ― Frank Eberhart I have had many people ask me how we decided on retiring abroad and the process we went through. Although most of the information is … Continue reading →
- The Gypsytoes Gene 1 week ago “To travel is to live.” ― Hans Christian Andersen, The Fairy Tale of My Life: An Autobiography I am consumed by wanderlust, nourished by voyages and treks regarded as less than desirable in popular tourist guides, and gorged with … Continue reading →
- Reflections on Corn Island 1 week ago “Life is like facing two mirrors at each other: there is no beginning, there is no end. Just the beauty within the reflected infinity” ― Michael Biondi Last week was our second time to fly to the Corn Islands. … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Walls of War 1 week ago The weekly photo challenge is wall. Nicaragua abounds with walls of war, remembrances of their defense of personal rights, freedom, and dignity. Honoring their Nicaraguan heroes is especially clear on the walls in the cities. “The true soldier fights not … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!