Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Casita de Tortuga 11 hours ago Our Casita de Tortuga is clean and ready for more friends and family. We originally built the main structure with a small bedroom on the second floor and the bodega, or garage below. Then, our son and all of his … Continue reading →
- Thoughts of a Nicaraguan Groupie 2 days ago I awoke this morning with the intention of writing about meeting places for a blogger’s travel theme. Then, I saw this quote and my thoughts were quickly diverted to group behavior, a sense of belonging, attempting to understand nationalistic pride, … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer Lovin' 5 days ago The Weekly Photo challenge is Summer Lovin’ “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” ~Celia Thaxter Living in the tropics there is an eternal summer where…. The fruits are always ripe and I can make delicious banana … Continue reading →
- The House Whisperer 6 days ago “A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life: he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson My husband … Continue reading →
- An Immigrant Story: Tito Crosses Over 1 week ago “I take issue with many people’s description of people being “Illegal” Immigrants. There aren’t any illegal Human Beings as far as I’m concerned.” ― Dennis Kucinich Tito left Ometepe Island on June 9, 2004 in search of a better … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!