Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Motion Filled Walk on Corn Island 1 day ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Motion. Join me in a windy motion filled walk on Corn Island. “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” ~Kalil Gibran, … Continue reading →
- Going Green with Dogs in Nicaragua 3 days ago Happy Earth Day! Not only is it Earth Day, but it is El Capitan’s (Cappy’s) birthday today. Read the story of his birth here: Plentiful Puppies In honor of Earth Day, I found the Top Ten Green Pet Tips for … Continue reading →
- Accidental Nationality 4 days ago “Everything you are used to, once done long enough, starts to seem natural, even though it might not be.” ― Julien Smith, The Flinch Marina’s daughter gave her a chicken killing dog. She tied it to the Mango tree … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Early Bird Gets the Mango 1 week ago The weekly photo challenge is Early Bird. Living in Nicaragua, we’ve become accustomed to rising early…sometimes as early as 4:30 am. All of the action occurs early in the morning in Nicaragua…the earlier the better because the afternoons are reserved … Continue reading →
- A Plunge Pool in Progress 1 week ago Floating in a pool free of gravity, I discovered that I don’t need to be in survival mode throughout the end of the dry, hot season in Nicaragua. A plunge pool sets me free. Free from the oppressive heat…from strangling … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!