Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Secret to a Young Life 1 day ago “Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr. Since returning from the states the end of June, I haven’t felt like playing. Honestly, I haven’t felt like … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Nitty-Gritty on Nectar 1 week ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is: Details Evolution is based on diversity and it all depends on the tiny details of the sweet nectar produced in the flowering plants. Sexual reproduction is the key to creating a diverse population. So, the … Continue reading →
- My Place of Solace 1 week ago “In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are absorbing the wisdom contained in all the books through your skin, without even opening them.” ― Mark Twain People often ask what we do all day since … Continue reading →
- When Wal-Mart Comes to Town 1 week ago “I don’t know what would have happened to Wal-Mart if we had laid low and never stirred up the competition. My guess is that we would have remained a strictly regional operator.” Sam Walton Wal-Mart entered Nicaragua in 2005 and … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Tropical Look Up 2 weeks ago The Weekly Photo Challenge is Look Up. Living in the tropics in the rainy season if you don’t look up, you will miss out on some wonderful surprises. Take a walk with me around our finca this morning as we … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!