Minhas Cronicas do Brasil
Latest Blog Posts »
- What wheelbarrows and the Boston Marathon have in common 3 weeks ago Last week Facebook gave me a flashback to an old memory. Just after we came to the farm six years ago, I achieved a feat of true endurance and moved 33 wheelbarrows of dirt in one day–wildly surpassing the work of the men. This memory happened in the same week that there was lots of … The post...
- In the Rainstorm of Life, Be this Frog 2 months ago Yesterday I had a life lesson served up to me by a little tree frog. We’ve all been in his shoes…He was just minding his business, having a day, and he decided to sit down on a bench to rest. And then it started to rain. And then someone went and pulled the bench out from … The post In the...
- When is life like an ice cream cone? (Fotocrônica) 2 months ago Ever have one of those days where it feels like you just can’t do anything right? That you have to scrap everything and just start from zero again? Yeah. Me too. Today was one of those days. I pulled my car to the curb and sighed one of those sighs that wheeze out of your … The post When is...
- Happy International Women's Day! So why is a male politician talking? 2 months ago It’s International Women’s Day! Hooray! We don’t celebrate it much in the United States but every Latin-American country I’ve visited takes it really seriously. Good for them! So here I am in a school presentation about how marvelous women are, and I can’t help but think to myself: Why,...
- Distant Cousins 5 months ago The dogs were barking up a racket last night. It was clear that there was something in the yard–they don’t bark like that when discussing territorial politics with the neighbor dogs–so we went out on the veranda with flashlights to investigate. We were so glad that we did! We had a late night...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Minhas Cronicas do Brasil
14:18 PM November 28, 2012
I am so excited each week when I get notification of Mal's next blog! I can't wait to read more about her life in Brazil. Concise description gives me a visual and often humorous "feel" of rural Brazil.
20:42 PM November 28, 2012
Knowing Mal well, I feel that I am getting an insider's look at rural Brazil and all its wonders. From the discovery of how a library works, to investigating the medical system (which was a wonderfully successful adventure for her husband and brother-in-law), to how to clear the encroaching jungle from her pasture land - it is truly an adventure story. I'm looking forward to a visit.
21:58 PM November 28, 2012
I love this blog! It reminds me so much of the couple of years when I lived abroad, although not in South America. I was young then, too, and soaked up the culture that stays with me today. I hope Malvina realizes her writing talent and thinks seriously about working on a book.
13:03 PM December 17, 2012
Malvina's writing makes you feel like you are experiencing what she lives. I love to read about her adventures and learn about another country. She is a descriptive and heartfelt writer who expresses herself clearly and with grace. I am always excited to read about her new adventures!
13:14 PM December 17, 2012
I've never been a faithful blog reader.. until now! Her love of language and culture shine through with the weekly descriptions of Brazilian life... thanks Mal!
13:50 PM December 17, 2012
When this blog gets hanged on the net I can't wait to read it and absorb it. It transports me to a land that I have never visited or know much of it but now I can recognize some of the elements of this society. It's full of feelings, emotions, every day routines, reality that realtes to all of us in some way...it's fresh and enchanting and always wait to hear and smile about it's insight one more time
19:11 PM December 17, 2012
Malvina's blog makes me dream of a visit to Brazil. It has made me laugh and drool. She is an amazing writer.
22:27 PM December 17, 2012
I look forward to each of Malvina's blog updates! I have always found Brazil to be an interesting place, but after reading all of these wonderful tales it's more than just an interesting place - it's now a travel destination!
23:56 PM December 17, 2012
a very interesting blog. makes me want to go there and visit or stay. keep writing! ted
00:40 AM December 18, 2012
Malvina's blog reminds me a bit of the lyric "Every time you go away, you take a piece of me with you" because when I read it I feel like I receive a piece of what her daily existence in Brasil is like. Write on Malvina!
00:47 AM December 18, 2012
I love reading about Malvina's experiences and this blog keeps me interested :) I can vicariously enjoy so much more this way!
01:07 AM December 18, 2012
I look forward to reading her gems and being a part of a life that I will never be a part of. Malvina mixes observation, philosophy and emotion into a fine brew of weekly literary prose. Bravo.
01:55 AM December 18, 2012
Great blog. Shows me a different culture through eyes that can speak to me. Makes me want to visit Brazil. Sounds like such an interesting and diverse country.
02:45 AM December 18, 2012
I can't describe all the memories that are awakened when I read about Malvina's life now in Brazil. Being from a little country in Central America, when I read these stories I am transported back because of how similar the two countries are. I cry out laughing when hearing these about these misadventures!