Minhas Cronicas do Brasil
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tinderbox 6 months ago It was my first day in Brazil after the long nighttime bus ride back to our interior town. It had been a month since I had stepped on Brazilian soil. I opened the living room door and peer out into the yard. The light burned my eyes. Was the Brazilian sun always this bright? My eyes itched. […]
- Fotocrônica: Drink Milk 6 months ago Our region is famous for its milk production. It’s ranching country around here. Lots of local little producers, who deliver their milk daily to larger distributors who then either re-sell it to customers in-town or to larger, national buyers. Every morning the milk farmers drive their milk into...
- Fotocrônica: Import Taxes 6 months ago I nearly cried in the post office. My mother sent us a box of used Legos, used baby clothes and other assorted items (none worth more than USD$10 each). The Brazilian Customs upon x-raying our box re-valued the items, deciding that in total they were worth R$350. They issued a tax based upon that...
- R.I.P Mr. Lao 7 months ago Lao was the most scurrilous cat I have ever met. Ever regardless of the consequences or others’ preferences he did what he wanted, where he wanted, when he wanted. Even if that included peeing on our rugs, eating our cake, sampling the milk pasteurizing on the stove, or stealing our chicken...
- Fotocrônica: Labrador Julieta? 9 months ago This is Julieta. She seems to be a big fan of 101 Dalmations. Filed under: Comedic, Nostalgia Tagged: Animal Farm, dogs, Fotocrônica, rural life
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Minhas Cronicas do Brasil
14:18 PM November 28, 2012
I am so excited each week when I get notification of Mal's next blog! I can't wait to read more about her life in Brazil. Concise description gives me a visual and often humorous "feel" of rural Brazil.
20:42 PM November 28, 2012
Knowing Mal well, I feel that I am getting an insider's look at rural Brazil and all its wonders. From the discovery of how a library works, to investigating the medical system (which was a wonderfully successful adventure for her husband and brother-in-law), to how to clear the encroaching jungle from her pasture land - it is truly an adventure story. I'm looking forward to a visit.
21:58 PM November 28, 2012
I love this blog! It reminds me so much of the couple of years when I lived abroad, although not in South America. I was young then, too, and soaked up the culture that stays with me today. I hope Malvina realizes her writing talent and thinks seriously about working on a book.
13:03 PM December 17, 2012
Malvina's writing makes you feel like you are experiencing what she lives. I love to read about her adventures and learn about another country. She is a descriptive and heartfelt writer who expresses herself clearly and with grace. I am always excited to read about her new adventures!
13:14 PM December 17, 2012
I've never been a faithful blog reader.. until now! Her love of language and culture shine through with the weekly descriptions of Brazilian life... thanks Mal!
13:50 PM December 17, 2012
When this blog gets hanged on the net I can't wait to read it and absorb it. It transports me to a land that I have never visited or know much of it but now I can recognize some of the elements of this society. It's full of feelings, emotions, every day routines, reality that realtes to all of us in some way...it's fresh and enchanting and always wait to hear and smile about it's insight one more time
19:11 PM December 17, 2012
Malvina's blog makes me dream of a visit to Brazil. It has made me laugh and drool. She is an amazing writer.
22:27 PM December 17, 2012
I look forward to each of Malvina's blog updates! I have always found Brazil to be an interesting place, but after reading all of these wonderful tales it's more than just an interesting place - it's now a travel destination!
23:56 PM December 17, 2012
a very interesting blog. makes me want to go there and visit or stay. keep writing! ted
00:40 AM December 18, 2012
Malvina's blog reminds me a bit of the lyric "Every time you go away, you take a piece of me with you" because when I read it I feel like I receive a piece of what her daily existence in Brasil is like. Write on Malvina!
00:47 AM December 18, 2012
I love reading about Malvina's experiences and this blog keeps me interested :) I can vicariously enjoy so much more this way!
01:07 AM December 18, 2012
I look forward to reading her gems and being a part of a life that I will never be a part of. Malvina mixes observation, philosophy and emotion into a fine brew of weekly literary prose. Bravo.
01:55 AM December 18, 2012
Great blog. Shows me a different culture through eyes that can speak to me. Makes me want to visit Brazil. Sounds like such an interesting and diverse country.
02:45 AM December 18, 2012
I can't describe all the memories that are awakened when I read about Malvina's life now in Brazil. Being from a little country in Central America, when I read these stories I am transported back because of how similar the two countries are. I cry out laughing when hearing these about these misadventures!