Minhas Cronicas do Brasil
Latest Blog Posts »
- Be Careful What You Ask For 1 day ago When I first arrived, it seemed to me that those crazy Brazilians sure liked to chop things down a lot. “That’s a gorgeous, living being!” I gasped. “Hah. It will grow back,” they said. Nowhere was the debate strongest than around the base of the huge tree in our back yard. Towering and...
- Time is Everything 1 week ago Hey y’all—I just wanted to share something with you. I’m wicked excited. I started this great course (Happy Birthday to me! Thanks Dad!). Why? You might have noticed that there’s been a lull in the writing over here at Minhas Crônicas do Brasil. Part of that is life with a toddler and a...
- Daring-Do 3 weeks ago “Heard of rainbow hair?” I said, “You wanted me to go more platinum blonde. Ok. Deal. And when I do, I want that.” I showed her a photo. She said, “You’re feeling radical?” I said, “I’ve always been radical, you just never asked.” But clearly this was beyond my hair stylist’s...
- Fotocrônica: Cattle Country 4 weeks ago It was a Friday night and we were driving down Main Street. There was a COW ambling down the opposite lane. No one was behind her, no one trying to get her back into a corral, she was just on her way up the block. This gives you an idea of how rurally imbedded we […]
- The Oxymoron of American Pizza in Brazil 3 months ago Brazilians have a funny idea of what is American. It’s a cross between what they see on TV and what they think is cool (which may or may not have anything to do with actual American customs. To point, behold the “American Pizza” we enjoyed last night: sausage (check), cheese (check), sauce...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Minhas Cronicas do Brasil
14:18 PM November 28, 2012
I am so excited each week when I get notification of Mal's next blog! I can't wait to read more about her life in Brazil. Concise description gives me a visual and often humorous "feel" of rural Brazil.
20:42 PM November 28, 2012
Knowing Mal well, I feel that I am getting an insider's look at rural Brazil and all its wonders. From the discovery of how a library works, to investigating the medical system (which was a wonderfully successful adventure for her husband and brother-in-law), to how to clear the encroaching jungle from her pasture land - it is truly an adventure story. I'm looking forward to a visit.
21:58 PM November 28, 2012
I love this blog! It reminds me so much of the couple of years when I lived abroad, although not in South America. I was young then, too, and soaked up the culture that stays with me today. I hope Malvina realizes her writing talent and thinks seriously about working on a book.
13:03 PM December 17, 2012
Malvina's writing makes you feel like you are experiencing what she lives. I love to read about her adventures and learn about another country. She is a descriptive and heartfelt writer who expresses herself clearly and with grace. I am always excited to read about her new adventures!
13:14 PM December 17, 2012
I've never been a faithful blog reader.. until now! Her love of language and culture shine through with the weekly descriptions of Brazilian life... thanks Mal!
13:50 PM December 17, 2012
When this blog gets hanged on the net I can't wait to read it and absorb it. It transports me to a land that I have never visited or know much of it but now I can recognize some of the elements of this society. It's full of feelings, emotions, every day routines, reality that realtes to all of us in some way...it's fresh and enchanting and always wait to hear and smile about it's insight one more time
19:11 PM December 17, 2012
Malvina's blog makes me dream of a visit to Brazil. It has made me laugh and drool. She is an amazing writer.
22:27 PM December 17, 2012
I look forward to each of Malvina's blog updates! I have always found Brazil to be an interesting place, but after reading all of these wonderful tales it's more than just an interesting place - it's now a travel destination!
23:56 PM December 17, 2012
a very interesting blog. makes me want to go there and visit or stay. keep writing! ted
00:40 AM December 18, 2012
Malvina's blog reminds me a bit of the lyric "Every time you go away, you take a piece of me with you" because when I read it I feel like I receive a piece of what her daily existence in Brasil is like. Write on Malvina!
00:47 AM December 18, 2012
I love reading about Malvina's experiences and this blog keeps me interested :) I can vicariously enjoy so much more this way!
01:07 AM December 18, 2012
I look forward to reading her gems and being a part of a life that I will never be a part of. Malvina mixes observation, philosophy and emotion into a fine brew of weekly literary prose. Bravo.
01:55 AM December 18, 2012
Great blog. Shows me a different culture through eyes that can speak to me. Makes me want to visit Brazil. Sounds like such an interesting and diverse country.
02:45 AM December 18, 2012
I can't describe all the memories that are awakened when I read about Malvina's life now in Brazil. Being from a little country in Central America, when I read these stories I am transported back because of how similar the two countries are. I cry out laughing when hearing these about these misadventures!