Latest Blog Posts »
- WIndow Cleaner 3 weeks ago It's been a while since I posted a picture looking down from our flat in the sky. There's a window cleaner in this picture.The windows are cleaned twice a year, around now and then again after Monsoon. One person does them all, around 3.5 thousand, and all hanging from a rope. Can you see him?
- Mango Season 2016 2 months ago It's mango season, specifically Alphonso mango season. The flat is full of their seductive and decadent scent and I know they're not going to last long.I'd had a tantalising few chunks of Alphonso in a fruit salad during my recent holiday to Goa and that seems to have kickstarted my mania for...
- New Moon at Holi 2 months ago The light of a nearly full moon reflecting off the sea woke me this morning at 5:30. There was not a human sound to be heard. It felt as though Iwas the only person seeing it.
- Holi Wares 2 months ago Throughout the year, this neighbourhood shop keeps the locale supplied with brushes, basins, bowls and buckets but it's also the go-to store for all your festival needs. Here it's stocked up with all manner of water pistols for Holi.
- Optimistic New Year 4 months ago In June 2015, optimistic pigeons started laying eggs in a planter on the balcony. It's taken five clutches of eggs, each stolen by crows, but they finally hatched a couple of chicks.The parents take alternating day and night shifts in their maternity planter which offers very little coverage from...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » amasc has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!