Feisty Blue Gecko
Latest Blog Posts »
- Three words for 2018 2 months ago “Good evening” I nodded as I passed a well wrapped up couple walking their dog on the shorefront. “Evening,” they responded, kindly faces pinched in the chill wind. I glanced at my watch a few steps onwards, and realised it was only a few minutes after 3 o’clock. In northern Scotland the...
- 'Twas the night before Christmas... 2 months ago I spent most of yesterday on buses, heading out of town to a west coast haven to escape the bustle of the season. I stepped off the third and final bus into the blustery darkness to the sense that it was late in the evening, whereas in fact it was barely 5pm. It had already […]
- A Winter's Tale 3 months ago This is the last day of November, very shortly we will slip gently into December. We are truly in winter now, in Scotland. My transition is progressing, if slowly, from tropical climes and times, to the Scotland of my roots. Reflection is helpful in this process. The other day soft, tiny flakelets...
- Back in Time 5 months ago This weekend the clocks went back, and we moved from Summer Time to Greenwich Mean Time. This clock changing phenomenon happens twice a year in many parts of the world, but it doesn’t happen at all in many others. In fact, this is the first time in over a decade I have changed my clock […]
- Change of Scene 6 months ago The past weeks have seen me on a journey of the mind, body and spirit. One journey has been a physical one. I have long yearned to visit Ireland, and previous visits have been short and never far out of Dublin or Belfast. I have also long hankered after a writing retreat and kept returning […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Myanmar Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Myanmar!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Feisty Blue Gecko
17:38 PM December 11, 2012
Feisty Blue Gecko's blog is amazing. She inspires everyone who reads her words. She is kind, honest, and puts herself out there. She's brave by discussing her experience with breast cancer all the while bringing nothing but sunshine on her Myanmar experience. She is amazing. And special. I'm lucky to know her.