Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
Latest Blog Posts »
- Another small deviation from the original intent 4 months ago I read through an old post last weekend while looking for my oxtail ragu recipe. It was eye opening. In that horrible way a cartoon character’s eyes open when they get socked in the gut by an anvil. I don’t feel like the girl who wrote those first posts anymore. I’ve become awfully cynical,...
- Cream cheese & herb stuffed chicken with braised leeks & bacon 5 months ago I don’t trust people who don’t particularly care about food. You know the type. They eat because they have to and wouldn’t particularly care whether you gave them Marmite on toast or seared tuna with truffled cauliflower puree for dinner. In fact, they’d prefer the toast, because the whole...
- Molecular gastronomy: When playing with your food is totally okay. 5 months ago Lime drops on soba and lemon whip chicken. Balsamic caviar and foamed olive tartin. Wild mushroom powder that’s washed down with bling. Either Willy Wonka has ventured into savoury, or these could be a few of my new favourite things. We spent an eye opening morning this week watching a molecular...
- On being 36 and childless 5 months ago I finally tackled the dishes in the kitchen this morning. It was a pitiful pile. Nothing more than a few side plates with toast crumbs on, the remnants of a solo eater’s culinary adventures these last few days while the other half is playing away in a golf tournament. As I scraped the crumbs off...
- Transkaroo (bring jou rerig huis toe) 5 months ago In a beautiful old railway station, beside a quiet lagoon in the tranquil town of Great Brak River, Transkaroo dishes up plates full of passionately created South African cuisine. The vaulted wooden ceilings, delicate ostrich egg chandeliers, and rustic wooden benches that are perfect for al fresco...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
15:34 PM December 07, 2012
In my opinion, one of the funniest blogs out there! She manages to inject humour into those sad and lonely moments we all experience as expats. I have never been to China, but she makes me want to go there! Even if they spit everywhere.
19:27 PM December 07, 2012
A talented and gifted writer with an extaordinary sense of humour and observation. This blog is a gem and must become a book!
06:44 AM December 08, 2012
This blog is a treasure-trove of spirit enriching gems. Every visit uplifts and broadens horizons. She has a positive energy that shines through and an amazing amount of info is dished up with a GREAT sense of humour! Would be the first to grab this off the shelves should it be published!
08:47 AM December 09, 2012
The talent lies not only in the prose, but in the photography too. I love reading this blog and eagerly anticipate next post!
11:58 AM December 10, 2012
I love this whitty blog... it's so easy to relate to and I find myself drifting off and imagining myself in China! You truly have found your calling!
14:47 PM December 15, 2012
I always look forward to another article appearing in this blog. Whether it be food, travel or just life experiences, she manages to entertain and her photography is exceptional.
08:47 AM December 17, 2012
Witty. Entertaining. Insightful. And most of all, full of useful tips. Love it!
18:25 PM December 19, 2012
Living vicariously through these posts. Simply joyous !