Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
Latest Blog Posts »
- On why I heart Istanbul. 7 months ago Hello world! It’s been a while. Life took one of those unexpected little turns that we like to say are sent to make us stronger, just so we can all feel better about the bad days and have something to put on those motivational posters that feature fluffy goslings swimming against a current....
- Smoorsnoek samoosas 1 year ago With Oscar’s story seemingly having more holes than a good Emmentaler, and a president whose chickens live in better quarters than the average South African, we are about ready for an icon we can look up to. There aren’t many contenders. Frankly, a dim witted fish would do the job at this...
- La Rosa Blu Café 2 years ago Okay, so a month or two tops turned out to be more like four. And a bit. I’m not sure where the time went, but it probably has something to do with falling into the money sucking, soul destroying, bottomless pit that is owning a restaurant. Especially in this town. I believe we have discussed...
- Cream cheese & herb stuffed chicken with braised leeks & bacon 2 years ago I don’t trust people who don’t particularly care about food. You know the type. They eat because they have to and wouldn’t particularly care whether you gave them Marmite on toast or seared tuna with truffled cauliflower puree for dinner. In fact, they’d prefer the toast, because the whole...
- Molecular gastronomy: When playing with your food is totally okay. 2 years ago Lime drops on soba and lemon whip chicken. Balsamic caviar and foamed olive tartin. Wild mushroom powder that’s washed down with bling. Either Willy Wonka has ventured into savoury, or these could be a few of my new favourite things. We spent an eye opening morning this week watching a molecular...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
15:34 PM December 07, 2012
In my opinion, one of the funniest blogs out there! She manages to inject humour into those sad and lonely moments we all experience as expats. I have never been to China, but she makes me want to go there! Even if they spit everywhere.
19:27 PM December 07, 2012
A talented and gifted writer with an extaordinary sense of humour and observation. This blog is a gem and must become a book!
06:44 AM December 08, 2012
This blog is a treasure-trove of spirit enriching gems. Every visit uplifts and broadens horizons. She has a positive energy that shines through and an amazing amount of info is dished up with a GREAT sense of humour! Would be the first to grab this off the shelves should it be published!
08:47 AM December 09, 2012
The talent lies not only in the prose, but in the photography too. I love reading this blog and eagerly anticipate next post!
11:58 AM December 10, 2012
I love this whitty blog... it's so easy to relate to and I find myself drifting off and imagining myself in China! You truly have found your calling!
14:47 PM December 15, 2012
I always look forward to another article appearing in this blog. Whether it be food, travel or just life experiences, she manages to entertain and her photography is exceptional.
08:47 AM December 17, 2012
Witty. Entertaining. Insightful. And most of all, full of useful tips. Love it!
18:25 PM December 19, 2012
Living vicariously through these posts. Simply joyous !