Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
Latest Blog Posts »
- Chinese snacking: A hazardous exercise. 1 day ago In a supermarket where hermetically sealed packets of jellyfish can be found on the shelf, nestled between Plain Salted Lays and seaweed flavoured Tuc’s, finding a snack that is to your taste might be a challenge. You might reach for a tube of chips, and land up with a bag of dried fish...
- On torture (or: What to expect from your bed in China.) 1 week ago I don’t think people quite comprehend what I mean when I say that beds in China (or at least all the beds I’ve had the misfortune of sleeping in) are hard. We’ll be making small talk, somehow the conversation will come round to beds (as it does) and I’d casually mention that...
- Jew's ear soup (hold the Jew's ear) 1 week ago Jew’s ear is a species of Auriculariales fungus found growing mainly on dead wood worldwide. And really, on a dead stump, far from the dinner table, is where it should’ve been left. It is a popular ingredient in many Chinese dishes and can readily be found on most restaurant menus...
- Cheesy pork chops au gratin with creamy asparagus 3 weeks ago And now, regular broadcasting will continue. And just to prove that I am not completely blinded by my animal love, and that I do understand the need for a balanced, humane and sustainable way of feeding this planet’s exploding population: A post on pork chops. The adage that you should not...
- On Shanghai’s bird & insect market & the plight of China’s animals 3 weeks ago Please note: This post is not at all in keeping with the usual tone of this blog. It contains upsetting images and information which, although not new to anyone, is a blow to the gut every time you hear it again. Click on the “more” button at your own discretion and please note that...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Two Suitcases and a Tin Pot
15:34 PM December 07, 2012
In my opinion, one of the funniest blogs out there! She manages to inject humour into those sad and lonely moments we all experience as expats. I have never been to China, but she makes me want to go there! Even if they spit everywhere.
19:27 PM December 07, 2012
A talented and gifted writer with an extaordinary sense of humour and observation. This blog is a gem and must become a book!
06:44 AM December 08, 2012
This blog is a treasure-trove of spirit enriching gems. Every visit uplifts and broadens horizons. She has a positive energy that shines through and an amazing amount of info is dished up with a GREAT sense of humour! Would be the first to grab this off the shelves should it be published!
08:47 AM December 09, 2012
The talent lies not only in the prose, but in the photography too. I love reading this blog and eagerly anticipate next post!
11:58 AM December 10, 2012
I love this whitty blog... it's so easy to relate to and I find myself drifting off and imagining myself in China! You truly have found your calling!
14:47 PM December 15, 2012
I always look forward to another article appearing in this blog. Whether it be food, travel or just life experiences, she manages to entertain and her photography is exceptional.
08:47 AM December 17, 2012
Witty. Entertaining. Insightful. And most of all, full of useful tips. Love it!
18:25 PM December 19, 2012
Living vicariously through these posts. Simply joyous !