Postcards from the Rainbow Nation
Latest Blog Posts »
- My friend from Homs and 5774 3 months ago Syria on my mind. Thinking about Sammy and his story, thinking about dictators and horrible wives of dictators aka Asma Assad, who is currently reported to be holed up in her bomb shelter on an online shopping spree. No joke. … Continue reading →
- Waiting to Take Flight 6 months ago There is a thickness in the air, as if the entire nation is on standby waiting for a flight to take off. Estimated time of departure is still unknown, as Nelson Mandela’s condition remains critical. The media has been camped … Continue reading →
- On National Braai Day and Yom Kippur 1 year ago Today was National Heritage Day in South Africa. Also known as ‘National Braai Day’, Heritage Day is one where the people of South Africa are encouraged to get together to celebrate their unique culture and diversity (by barbecuing a cornucopia of flesh). What Rainbow …...
- On becoming a Mother in Africa 1 year ago Amy, a dear friend from Miami who recently visited us in Johannesburg shared with me that when some of her African American co-workers found out she was traveling to South Africa they said “you are going to the motherland!”. This … Continue reading →
- Jubuntu: Innovation comes to South Africa 1 year ago All it took to propel the South African Jewish community into the global Jewish conversation of the 21st century was 24 hours with a ‘dream team’ of visionary orchestrators all connected to the ROI community network- Guy Lieberman, Seth Cohen and Jen Keys. … Continue reading...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Postcards from the Rainbow Nation has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!