Postcards from the Rainbow Nation
Latest Blog Posts »
- Sensationalism vs. Solutions 3 months ago Once upon a time I used to enjoy reading the newspaper. Sunday morning in NYC was a steaming cup of Starbucks in hand and the New York Times weekend addition smiling up at me from the table, oh the excitement and anticipation! Fast forward to my current relationship with the printed press-I avoid...
- Chocolate Cookie Vanilla Cookie 3 months ago I stared for a good few minutes just to make sure I was really seeing what I thought I was seeing. Leaving the gym, a white man. Behind him, a black man running after him carrying his gym bag to his car. Not knowing how to process this sight I contained it just long enough […]
- In Death, a Celebration of Life 5 months ago The hearts of the world were fused with South Africa this weekend as the news of the passing of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela spread. We awoke early Friday morning to a grey, overcast day to hear that at the grand age of 95, this great light made a peaceful transition into the next world from his […]
- My friend from Homs and 5774 8 months ago Syria on my mind. Thinking about Sammy and his story, thinking about dictators and horrible wives of dictators aka Asma Assad, who is currently reported to be holed up in her bomb shelter on an online shopping spree. No joke. I just can’t seem to get the images of the lifeless children and white...
- Waiting to Take Flight 10 months ago There is a thickness in the air, as if the entire nation is on standby waiting for a flight to take off. Estimated time of departure is still unknown, as Nelson Mandela’s condition remains critical. The media has been camped outside the hospital where he is being cared for, his family has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Postcards from the Rainbow Nation has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!