Latest Blog Posts »
- Resolution: learn a new craft 1 week ago A craft workshop in which to gather these pieces together, Bazaar Bayar Samatya Time for our winter hibernation to come to an end. There is just too much craft inspiration swirling around us, despite grey days and endless revelations worthy of the most outrageous soap opera in local and national...
- Turkish woven treasure preview... 3 weeks ago It’s my birthday today. I’ll be spending it taking pics of a color-drenched collection of vintage and antique carpets we’ve just received from a friend here in Sultanahmet who has decided to retire, closing his shop. We are so inspired to be living with these handwoven treasures for [...]
- Colorful sketches in yarn 5 months ago “I tell my customers – I am addicted to playing with colors, thank you for supporting my habit.” I met fellow color and fiber junkie Inese Liepina through a mutual designer friend in San Francisco, who introduced us via email on my birthday in 2010. Inese, raised in Chicago by parents [...]
- Midyat: reconciling the past 5 months ago The old town in Midyat, with church towers dotting the horizon Our next wander on the Tulip Trip was among the stone houses once and maybe still belonging to families of Syriac/Suryani Christians – not to be confused with residents of Syria. Many of those who survived the horrors of World...
- Mardin: Peaceful east, protesting west 6 months ago Go fly a kite: an assortment of bright paper creatures were flying above the Mardin Museum The Turkish Tulip Trip continues, this time to the city of Mardin Traveling in Southeastern Turkey may not be easy. Overcoming culture shock, covering long distances, walking in hot weather with little shade...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Bazaar Bayar has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!