Latest Blog Posts »
- Lively Color: The Turkish Tulip 11 months ago Home decor for lively spaces: an up-close look at handmade fiber art that brightens any space. Blending and clashing like fields of tulips just burst from the ground, design is often the challenging act of reflecting Mother Nature in spinning yarns and combining colors. Whether random slashes like...
- Turkish Autumn: Mohair Throws 11 months ago The season has changed here in Istanbul, overnight it seems, with dramatic thunderstorms and much needed monsoon rains. Suddenly, time to put away the sandals and summer dresses and bring on the boots and leggings. And a soft warm throw to ward against the chill evening breeze… Write as I might,...
- Resolution: learn a new craft 1 year ago A craft workshop in which to gather these pieces together, Bazaar Bayar Samatya Time for our winter hibernation to come to an end. There is just too much craft inspiration swirling around us, despite grey days and endless revelations worthy of the most outrageous soap opera in local and national...
- Turkish woven treasure preview... 1 year ago It’s my birthday today. I’ll be spending it taking pics of a color-drenched collection of vintage and antique carpets we’ve just received from a friend here in Sultanahmet who has decided to retire, closing his shop. We are so inspired to be living with these handwoven treasures for [...]
- Colorful sketches in yarn 1 year ago “I tell my customers – I am addicted to playing with colors, thank you for supporting my habit.” I met fellow color and fiber junkie Inese Liepina through a mutual designer friend in San Francisco, who introduced us via email on my birthday in 2010. Inese, raised in Chicago by parents [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Bazaar Bayar has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!