Latest Blog Posts »
- January in Mauritanian-American Relations 3 weeks ago So in January, we got our first visitor ever from Mauritania. No, not Mauritania. This is Ecola State Park, on the Oregon coast. Where the Ewoks were filmed, where the forest planet of Endor is . No, scratch that, that’s not true. This guy’s best friend actually came–remember?–with a group...
- Still Having Desert Adventures; Part 8 3 months ago Several people have started following my blog recently, and I wanted to say hello and welcome. Also, I love comments! And now, back to our regularly scheduled overly-long story… Our trip to Oudane, continued from parts 5, 6 and 7. Our visit was short, just 2 full days in the village with a day...
- Yet More Desert Adventures; Mor-Maur 14 part 7 4 months ago This is a continuation of Part 6... Our first night in the desert in years and years. (Nouakchott doesn’t count, even though it is in the Sahara, yes, because there are houses there that often have electricity and running water) As the sun began to sink, Yahiya’s daughter, aged 9, dragged...
- A break 5 months ago So once again I’ve proved that I really don’t have time to maintain a blog, at least not the way I write. Maybe if I was doing short accounts of my day. But I think you’d be bored with that. My life isn’t all that blog-worthy. December is once again winding down. What happened this […]
- Continued Desert Adventures; Mor-Maur 14 part 6 4 months ago It’s snowing on my blog! It’s freezing in my house! The wind is wuthering and banging things and howling down the chimney! And yet I continue to write about my recent trip to the wilds of the Sahara desert. I’ve been having a lot of fun telling my Iraqi friends about our trip to Oudane […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Planet Nomad has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!