Latest Blog Posts »
- On Traveling to the East Coast 6 days ago So I recently spent a week in Philadelphia. Now I’ve traveled a fair bit in my time, but not extensively in the US. I mostly only know the West Coast. Philly is like a whole different country. Here are some random thoughts: 1. Styrofoam what??? Isn’t it illegal? I thought only...
- To Sleep. 1 week ago Once upon a time there was a woman who slept and slept and slept and still she was tired. There never was a woman who slept as much as Ms. Nomad. Ok not really. I have just had what I assume is some kind of flu. But I can’t remember how long it’s been since […]
- What's on Your Nightstand Right Now? 3 months ago It’s Spring Break! Yaaay! I for one am very happy. I’m actually trying to take some time off and relax, read some books for a change… well maybe that wouldn’t be a change. But we all need breaks, and I’m hoping to take some. The End of the Point:
- 10 Years On 2 months ago 10 years ago. Spring 2003. I was teaching at the University of Nouakchott. That year, I was the only American, the only Westerner, on campus, although I was later joined by a Canadian woman (Hi Louise!) and an American couple. I stood out, on the campus and in the city in general. A blonde...
- Parties 3 months ago Whether you are invited to a 16 year-old’s birthday, or the shared mother-daughter party for a 30 year old and a 6o year old, or a baby’s first party, you never know what to expect. You could be offered: full-sugar Mountain Dew (it says so on the label) in wine glasses, large slices of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Planet Nomad has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!