Latest Blog Posts »
- Mor-Maur '13; the Automobile Edition 1 week ago Why yes, I’m still working on telling you all about a trip I took last fall. Hang in there. Only a few more posts, and then I’ll go back to posting once every three months. When we first moved to Mauritania, I was amazed at the driving. It was like nothing I’d ever experienced before. […]
- Nightstand-consumptive edition 2 weeks ago I suppose, technically, I probably don’t have consumption, although my cheeks have been suspiciously flushed and I do have an echoing cough. And, I am the woman who got pickpocketed in Paris–not mugged, not held up, no a real-live Gypsy child (I know, Roma, bear with me, I’m not prejudiced)...
- Snow! 3 weeks ago First of all, you should know that in Portland, OR, snow is a rare and wondrous thing. We are not quite Atlanta, we do have snow plows, but it really doesn’t happen very often. Snow days are precious, rare things. We used to get one good snow a year but it’s years and years and […]
- Mor-Maur '13; You Can't Go Home Again 2 months ago When you live in a place for 6 years, you come to think of it as home, even as you still refer to your country of origin as “home.” This is a conundrum familiar to travelers and expatriates alike. The result, naturally enough, is that you never feel completely at home in any single place […]
- Signs of the End of the World 3 months ago Abel: my first class is Media as Lit. Me: Does that mean you watch movies? Abel: Yes. We’re watching the Batman/Dark Knight movies and a Star Trek. And some others that I forget. Me: (hopefully) Maybe like a Shakespeare play? Abel: I don’t think so. Me: And how is this school? (mutters) It’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Planet Nomad has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!