Latest Blog Posts »
- Continued Desert Adventures; Mor-Maur 14 part 6 2 weeks ago It’s snowing on my blog! It’s freezing in my house! The wind is wuthering and banging things and howling down the chimney! And yet I continue to write about my recent trip to the wilds of the Sahara desert. I’ve been having a lot of fun telling my Iraqi friends about our trip to Oudane […]
- Desert Adventures; Mor-Maur 14 part 5 3 weeks ago During the summer of either 2002 or 2003, Donn and I took our 3 children to the village of Oudane for a month. We had visited this village during the month of February, when the moon was so bright that you didn’t need a flashlight to cross the rocky courtyard at night. Oudane is one […]
- Home but not Caught up; Mor-Maur 14 epi 4 4 weeks ago If you had told my grandmother, born around 1900, that her grand-daughter would circumnavigate half of the globe not in 80 days, not in 80 hours, but in 28 hours, she would have been amazed. So I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that really, this is kind of cool. But at the […]
- no one cares what you had for lunch; Mor-Maur 14 part 3 1 month ago In Mauritania, there are probably 4 main dishes; chebojan (fish, vegetables and rice), yassa poulet (chicken cooked in a mustard-onion sauce, with rice), mafe (beef or chicken in a peanut-tomato sauce, with rice) and poulet-frites (chicken served with fries and onion sauce, eaten with bread). Out...
- How to Get Over Jet-Lag with the Judicious Use of Caffeine; Mor-Maur 14 part 2 3 months ago The jet lag, it is wicked. Pervasive. Illogical. How can jet lag be a thing? How can I lie in bed with my eyes glued shut, feeling like my body is metal and there’s a magnet under the bed holding it down, pulling it fast, and yet not sleep? How can I crave sleep with […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Planet Nomad has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!