Teaching English in a Foreign Land
Latest Blog Posts »
- Oaxaca: The Joys of Job Searching! 1 week ago After failing to find a job teaching English in the capital, I set my sights on getting work in Oaxaca. The town seemed lively and had a buzz that suggested English could be in demand. Here's another short story about the delights of living and travelling in Mexico. Oaxaca's Valley Photo...
- DELTA Diary: LSA 4 - Am I glad that's over! 2 weeks ago For the first time in about four months I woke up last Saturday morning without having an LSA hanging over my shoulders. I feel at peace. That anxious pang of the final LSA lurking round the corner has disappeared. It’s time to start living again.
- Excerpt 7: Penniless in Copacabana 2 weeks ago After getting struck with altitude sickness
- Oaxaca: An energizing start! 3 weeks ago If you ever travel to Mexico, then you have to stop by in the enchanting town of Oaxaca. I stayed there for a couple of weeks trying to find work teaching English, but I ended up working at the bus station as one of those annoying people who try to get you to stay at a hostel. Not the most...
- Tricks and activities for improving FCE students' listening! 2 months ago A massive percentage of FCE students fail because of listening. Listening is hard for English language learners, and rightly so. In the real world, when do you have to listen to recordings and answer complex questions, which deliberately try to trick you? I feel sorry for English students who...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Teaching English in a Foreign Land has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!