Not From Lapland
Latest Blog Posts »
- Ah Lapland, how I miss thee 15 hours ago The kids have been back in Lapland these last few weeks, visiting their father whilst I packed everything item we own into boxes, piled it all into a van (twice – it took two trips), drove it 100 miles down the road, unpacked it and attempted to find a place for all our stuff in […]
- What do eight year olds read? 1 week ago It’s begun. It’s started. I can’t tell you how excited I am! Bedtime reading has taken a hold of The Girl. Not the sort where I sit and read them a story, but the sort where she sneaks the light on late into the night buried in a favourite book. I have fond memories of […]
- It's all about the romance 2 months ago I wandered up the aisle in Tesco a few days ago, coming to a confused stop in front of a shelf of ‘seasonal goods’. The whole rack of shelving was covered in bottles of champagne and teddies clutching love hearts. Why where they all here? What was the purpose of such a vomit inducting display?...
- Job Description: Mum, Mother, Mama 3 months ago As I kneel in the bathroom scrubbing something that looks suspiciously like poop but I’m trying not to think about it off the wall, again, it occurs to me that you couldn’t pay people enough to do this job. Not the what-may-or-may-not-be-poop scrubbing, but the whole mum thing. Can you imagine...
- Give me your house moving tips, please 3 months ago Image: Mikko Saari We rent our current house. Which is quite handy really, considering how much is wrong with it. Bits leak or let in the wind or are somehow in a state of disrepair. The property needs a new roof I’ve been wearily informed by a builder who was under no illusions that the […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Not From Lapland has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!