In Nica Now
Latest Blog Posts »
- 5 Simple Tips on How Not to be a Victim of Crime in Nicaragua 3 weeks ago Despite the fact that Nicaragua has the lowest crime rate in Central America — lower in fact than the United States — as a “wealthy” foreigner you may be considered a potential target by thieves. Below are a few simple tips that will help you stay safe while vacationing, traveling...
- FOR SALE: 3 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom Newly Constructed Home - San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua 3 weeks ago Wondering what your money can get you in San Juan del Sur? Check out our newest listing by clicking on the image below! For more information or to set up a viewing time email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update: Saving Dogs in San Juan del Sur 1 month ago I am happy to announce that as of today — thanks to the support of many generous donors — we have now collected just under $1400 USD in donations! 100% of funds received is being used to pay for vaccines, parasite medication and flea and tick treatments for these dogs that so desperately need...
- What I Ate Today: Chilli Chicken Khada Masala 2 months ago One of things we miss about Canada is the variety of options we had for dining out – Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indian, Moroccan, Ethiopian — you name, we could get it. We’ve recently adopted a culinary tradition that we call “Curry Sunday” — instead of going out for Indian food, we...
- One Month's Living Expenses 2015: San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua 3 months ago Cost of living continues to be the most popular searched topic on In Nica Now and since it’s been over a year since we published an up-to-date expense report we thought it was time we do so. Last month (April 2015) we diligently tracked every single cordoba we spent. Our targeted monthly...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on In Nica Now
21:34 PM December 13, 2013
It is about time someone did this. We have been visiting Nicaragua for about 6 years or so and have had lots of questions but no one to help with the answers. Your Blog is very helpful and informative we are excited to learn more about the possibilty of moving there some time in the future. So, Thanks for all the inof and can't wait to read more.
03:17 AM June 21, 2014
Hi I am planning on moving there as soon as my house sells. i was there in January and my heart stayed there as i came back to the most brutal winter ever. i am a prairie girl and have a 15 year old daughter, but i just want to go. I became a widow this year and am looking for a new life. Any advice?