Latest Blog Posts »
- Print, Ink and Paint - Atelier88 10 months ago Atelier 88 is no longer just a pipe dream, it is actually happening! This week is our busiest yet and we have a full house now until the end of the week. Just as one bedroom is vacated, the phone rings and bingo, another booking, time to don the Marigolds and pinny yet again. … Continue...
- Hello, January 11 months ago New Years Eve Despite my best intentions, the festive red knickers that I’d ear marked for last night’s celebrations never did make it out of the knicker draw. Neither did I get round to making the lentil stew and, worst of all, the lucky twelve grapes assigned to each of us for the chimes...
- Caper Diem 1 year ago I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist. What other catchy title could I use for a post about capers? Just Capers sounded really boring, Caper-bility Brown was the wrong colour and Tossing The Caper sounded a bit rude. Enough of that, let’s seize the capers and get on with this post. Rather like the...
- Orange Salad - A Culinary Ray Of Sunshine. 1 year ago Back in the early days of our courtship, when Pete and I were first stepping out, he described in loving detail an orange salad that he’d eaten on previous family holidays in Spain. My first thoughts on hearing about this Spanish concoction, was that it sounded utterly revolting. The very idea of...
- Come And Join Us At Atelier 88 1 year ago Opening in July! Atelier 88 is a new and exciting creative space in the heart of rural Andalucia. Stay with us and enjoy a genuine encounter with authentic Spain. Situated between Granada (Alhambra) and Cordoba (historic Mezquita) Alcala La Real´s economy is based on olives – the precious...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 things to do in Indonesia Writing Contest March 2013 You would need more than a lifetime to fully explore the length and breadth of Indonesia, this extraordinary country in S.E Asia that has been my home since leaving London in 2011. When our plane touched down on the melting tarmac at...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 13 reviews on Lottie Nevin
07:39 AM March 04, 2013
I just LOVE this Blog! After discovering that we were coming to live in Jakarta, I was searching the internet for see what life would be like here. I discovered Lottie’s blog and from the first post I read, it’s been a hilarious vicarious adventure. The stories are sooo funny and full of unusual details. Reading them whilst I was still in Dubai was like going on an adventure with Lottie, transporting me from the desert to the jungle. Not only were the posts so wonderfully funny and entertaining they came with fabulous photographs. The photos themselves told 100 stories about this crazy, busy, exciting, adventurous place. I highly recommend this blog and can’t wait to reading it.
05:20 AM March 20, 2013
I love Lottie's blog, it's always an amusing and informative read, and for someone who has never travelled outside of Australia, it's the next best thing to being in Indonesia. Her beautiful photos add another dimension to the blog. Lottie's writing is honest, real and easy to read.
08:21 AM March 20, 2013
Not only is the blog insightful and informative, her expertly timed wittiness makes it a pleasure to read ! My all time favorite 'What Is Love' really struck a cord with me and reaffirmed my total obsession with this blog....!!
09:18 AM March 20, 2013
Lottie's blogs are warm, witty, entertaining, insightful and hilariously self-deprecating! Her accompanying photographs display her gift of an artist's eye. I love them!
11:49 AM March 20, 2013
I don't typically sign up to have blog posts or newsletters delivered to my e-mail, but Lottie's blog posts are an exception. I love seeing a new Lottie post in my inbox. Her stories are hysterically funny, poignant, inspiring and thought provoking. Her photos are stunning, too. Bali is probably my favorite spot on earth and Lottie covers it so well. Lottie is the type of writer whom you feel like you know (and with whom you want to hang out) after reading her stories.
13:40 PM March 20, 2013
Quirky, fun, informative....the list goes on. This blog behind so much. She makes me laugh and other times gives us so many wonderful things to look at with her pictures and storytelling. It's wonderful to share in this with her!
13:48 PM March 20, 2013
You have to love Lotties blogs. Up front and personal, on love, travel, squat toilets, beautiful islands and concerns about environmental issues, all these written with warmth, humour and a deep understanding of humanity. You cannot find a more down to earth diary than her blog about life in Indonesia.
13:57 PM March 20, 2013
A fantasic blog full of funny and endearing tales. A very very talented story teller that can capture any scene and make you feel as if not only you were there but part of the story itself! An interesting insight into Jakarta life from an honest and witty point of view.
17:09 PM March 20, 2013
My firm favorite. Not only does Lottie Nevin take gorgeous photos of this exotic land (as well as all the other wonderful and even not-so-wonderful places she visits), she writes posts that are humorous, poignant, exciting, and always teach us something. Hey, I would have never known how to utilize the toilets in Indonesia if I hadn't read Lottie's blog!
21:28 PM March 20, 2013
I don't know if I'll ever travel to Indonesia, but Lottie's blog brings tropical colour and warmth to me here in London with it's humour and inspired photography. I particularly enjoy reading about her exploits with hubby Prof Pete Nevin as I was fortunate enough to be under his tutelage at Uni. One of my favourite posts was actually about their efforts to find a barber for Pete in Soho, London. Lottie is a natural storyteller and writer whose narratives always give me food for thought.
23:01 PM March 20, 2013
Lottie and I went to school together many moons ago, in England. I went back to live in my beloved first home, Hong Kong and we lost touch.Then along came Facebook and we had a virtual re union. It`s great to get to know Lottie again through her wonderfully colorful and descriptive blog. I have read every single post sometimes with a tissue in hand, to dab away tears of sadness but mostly tears of joy at her hilarious antics and wonderful adventures so well written and researched. Thanks Lottie for sharing your world in your blog so well Keep up the great work and I look forward to a real re union in Bali sometime! Roz x
00:10 AM March 21, 2013
Fabulously funny and insightful tales of living in Jakarta as an ex-pat leave me laughing my head off. Keep it up! I look forward to logging on and reading the next adventure!
10:09 AM March 21, 2013
It's easy to get lost in one of Lottie's blog posts, her warmth and humour really shines through in every one. The accompanying photos and drawings are fantastic, showcasing her immense talent not just for writing, but for photography and drawing/painting too. I love seeing her blog pop up in my inbox as I know that I’m not only about to enjoy a great read, but that for a few minutes of that day I’ll be able escape to her hilarious/beautiful/informative and very wonderful world.