The Adventures of Holly
Latest Blog Posts »
- That Time I Got Stuck In The Garage 3 days ago Have I mentioned that my life can be a little dramatic at times? Perhaps even sitcom worthy? Well, this story is yet another one for the books. Here in Virginia, we are currently in the middle of a big snow and ice storm. Yesterday, due to all of the ice, we lost power at my […]
- Overcoming 'That' Fear of Mine 4 days ago I’ve had this fear for the last ten years. Whereas some may be scared of spiders, others that the world is going to end… my fear has been simple: I’m terrified of throw up. Call it what you want, vomit… throw up… or the nickname “butterfly” I gave it in high school because just...
- Run a Marathon: Check! 3 weeks ago Well, I am officially a marathoner. Can’t decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing quite yet. ;) One of my favorite things about running the marathon were the signs that people would hold up. One read, “You think you’re stride is a little funny now, wait until you see how you’re […]
- Why I Run 4 weeks ago I was with dear friends gearing up for a football game in Chicago, when I got the phone call. It was one of my dearest friends Jessie, and through broken words she told me that several of our Young Life boys had been in a terrible car accident. Two died. One whom I knew very […]
- Homesick in October 3 months ago I’m so glad I live in a world where there are October’s. -L.B. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables October has taken on a new significance for me these last two years. It has been the one month that I have experienced homesickness, or a longing to be somewhere else, more strongly than any...
Contest Entries »
- A Debate... in Spanish? Oh No.. Education and International Schools A debate… solely in Spanish?? On sex education and gay rights?? I can hardly say “hola, ¿cómo estás?” most days, and now my teacher is expecting me to say words such as “sex” and “homosexual” in SPANISH? What in heck did I...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Adventures of Holly has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!