Latest Blog Posts »
- Have We Made a Big Mistake? 3 months ago Cynthia and I have been house sitting for our daughter and family this past week here in New Jersey. After enduring months of constant snow in the yard a change of scenery was in order, so they've been relaxing in Cancun--well, as much as you can with an infant and a toddler. Ironically we're off...
- Cuenca vs. Montevideo and Buenos Aires 2 months ago Part 2 of Cynthia & I comparing Cuenca to other South American cities we visited on our cruise was published in GringoTree today. Check it out here!
- On the Road to Jerusalem 2 months ago En route from Cuenca to New Jersey I spent the day and night with friends who live outside Quito. We decided that rather than just hang out and visit, an excursion would be a fun way to spend our time together. An old magazine in their home had an article about some potentially interesting stops...
- Food for Thought 2 months ago Leading a life of simplicity has reached new heights for me this week I've spent alone, especially when it comes to food. Our stove has gotten a rare vacation as its burners have been turned on a total of zero times. On the counter next to the stove a bunch of cilantro has been sitting in a glass...
- Man vs. Machine 3 months ago I'm pleased to report I didn't blow up the washer (or dryer--thank goodness it had "Power," "Normal," and "Start" buttons as well!) the other day. You see, I've always had an adversarial relationship with machines of every kind. Well, that's not exactly true. Machines really don't care, do they?...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ecuador Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Ecuador!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Edd Said
20:09 PM March 23, 2013
If Edd Said it is wellsaid
19:30 PM June 20, 2013
We are looking seriously into retiring in Cuenca in the next 18 months. My husband is from Green Bay, WI and I was originally from the Buffalo, NY area. We are in our mid sixties, currently live in FL - still working. We liked the Diane Sawyer piece, and since then, we've been aggressively looking at websites about Cuenca and retirement. We plan to visit in March next year to see it for ourselves, and are hoping to make a few expat friends who can show us around. Your blog is very interesting and informative. Keep it up! Thanks. Sue LaCount
20:23 PM January 29, 2014
Well said Edd!! Cuenca is not only a calm place to live in or visit, it's also a place full of humble, sweet and grateful people. I was born there, than I moved to New York, and I'm currently back home, back in Cuenca!!!! I recommend people who want to have a great and pleasant time to visit Cuenca- Ecuador, declared patrimony of humanity by the Unesco. If you visit Cuenca and you need a translator, you can contact me to my email firstname.lastname@example.org I can help!!!
14:30 PM March 05, 2015
Great information....but I have some questions. How do I directly contact one of this sites 'bloggers'? I have some questions about Cuenca, Ecuador and would like to speak with someone there... thanks, Gary