Latest Blog Posts »
- Facebook Movie 3 weeks ago There have been a rash of Facebook movies released recently, and my management team was anxious to not miss the wave. We quickly got our movie green-lighted and rushed into production. A frantic shooting schedule was thrown together so the movie could open during the holidays in time for Oscar...
- Happy New Year! 4 weeks ago When you've been on the planet as long as us you sometimes don't get around to celebrating events on the exact date they occur. You may recall my last post recounted our anniversary (which happened in July) celebration taking place at a nearby spa--in November.So in that spirit Cynthia and I...
- Happy Anniversary! 4 months ago In July Cynthia and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary. Well, actually that's not true. On the big day we said "Happy Anniversary" to each other at the airport as she left for a solo trip to the States--a surprise birthday gift from our daughter.Once she returned one thing led to another, so...
- Cuenca Independence Day Festivities 4 months ago We celebrate a lot of holidays in Ecuador, and by far the biggest one here is Cuenca Independence Day (to give you a perspective, cities celebrate each other's independence days as well). For three days each November the place is abuzz with parades, fireworks, concerts, vendors out the wazoo, and...
- A Leisurely Sunday Breakfast 6 months ago I rarely come home from the grocery store with everything on my shopping list. Not because I change my mind or forget something. Invariably either an item is simply not there (my favorite cereal was AWOL for three weeks) or a restaurant owner comes in and cleans out, say, all the asparagus.On the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ecuador Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Ecuador!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Edd Said
20:09 PM March 23, 2013
If Edd Said it is wellsaid
19:30 PM June 20, 2013
We are looking seriously into retiring in Cuenca in the next 18 months. My husband is from Green Bay, WI and I was originally from the Buffalo, NY area. We are in our mid sixties, currently live in FL - still working. We liked the Diane Sawyer piece, and since then, we've been aggressively looking at websites about Cuenca and retirement. We plan to visit in March next year to see it for ourselves, and are hoping to make a few expat friends who can show us around. Your blog is very interesting and informative. Keep it up! Thanks. Sue LaCount
20:23 PM January 29, 2014
Well said Edd!! Cuenca is not only a calm place to live in or visit, it's also a place full of humble, sweet and grateful people. I was born there, than I moved to New York, and I'm currently back home, back in Cuenca!!!! I recommend people who want to have a great and pleasant time to visit Cuenca- Ecuador, declared patrimony of humanity by the Unesco. If you visit Cuenca and you need a translator, you can contact me to my email email@example.com I can help!!!