Latest Blog Posts »
- Seven Year Itch? 1 week ago The three most frequently asked questions I receive are, in order:Why Ecuador/Cuenca?What do you do all day?Do you think you'll live in Cuenca forever?Cynthia and I arrived here seven years ago last month, and I think I've done a pretty good job through this blog of answering the first two....
- Happenings in the 'Hood 2 weeks ago We returned last night from a month-plus in the States to, as usual, an empty refrigerator and pantry. So my first order of business this morning was a visit to the Supermaxi to replenish our supplies.I actually enjoy grocery shopping, which in this case is a big plus since there was so much...
- Ecuador Slim 1 month ago When Tom challenged me to a game of pool I told him it had been years----. "No problem," he said. "You break.""You sure?""Yep. Go for it.""OK-----."In high school I did well in geometry. But there's quite a difference between solving an equation and determining the angle and speed of your shot....
- Driving Ms. Cynthia 2 months ago After mud wrestling with Priceline for days I'd finally secured a reservation on a mid-sized car for only $13 a day. It's not that the regular rate was crazy expensive for the few days we would be needing a vehicle. Nor did I outsmart the system. Like with buying wine in the previous post, I simply...
- You CAN Always Get What You Want 2 months ago It seemed like a simple enough idea--go pick up a bottle of chardonnay to enjoy in our hotel room and sparkling wine to celebrate the end of the conference. Google Maps showed a liquor store nearby so off I went.While confirming the directions with the bell captain, he shared that there was another...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ecuador Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Ecuador!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Edd Said
20:09 PM March 23, 2013
If Edd Said it is wellsaid
19:30 PM June 20, 2013
We are looking seriously into retiring in Cuenca in the next 18 months. My husband is from Green Bay, WI and I was originally from the Buffalo, NY area. We are in our mid sixties, currently live in FL - still working. We liked the Diane Sawyer piece, and since then, we've been aggressively looking at websites about Cuenca and retirement. We plan to visit in March next year to see it for ourselves, and are hoping to make a few expat friends who can show us around. Your blog is very interesting and informative. Keep it up! Thanks. Sue LaCount
20:23 PM January 29, 2014
Well said Edd!! Cuenca is not only a calm place to live in or visit, it's also a place full of humble, sweet and grateful people. I was born there, than I moved to New York, and I'm currently back home, back in Cuenca!!!! I recommend people who want to have a great and pleasant time to visit Cuenca- Ecuador, declared patrimony of humanity by the Unesco. If you visit Cuenca and you need a translator, you can contact me to my email firstname.lastname@example.org I can help!!!
14:30 PM March 05, 2015
Great information....but I have some questions. How do I directly contact one of this sites 'bloggers'? I have some questions about Cuenca, Ecuador and would like to speak with someone there... thanks, Gary