Latest Blog Posts »
- Believe in Miracles 4 days ago It's amazing how life can sometimes change in the blink of an eye. My last post described a lovely walk through the neighborhood. Two days later all hell broke loose.Cynthia was experiencing shortness of breath on Tuesday but we didn't think much about it because she had had a couple of similar...
- Sunday Stroll 1 week ago So far we've had to "endure" our winter for a stretch of only about ten days. During that short period constantly overcast skies kept the temps uncomfortably chilly. How chilly? Our bedroom registered 58 degrees several mornings. Thank goodness for the heated mattress pad!Maybe there will be...
- The End Is Near! 1 week ago Recently if you were to say that I'm a little flaky I would readily agree with you. Should you comment that I've really got sex a-peel I'd appreciate the compliment. For the past three days I've been shedding skin from my face at a rate that would make a snake jealous. The deep red blotches are now...
- Red Lobster Comes to Cuenca 2 weeks ago ***WARNING: WORSE THAN LAST TIME***No, not the restaurant chain, silly. I'm talking about me.This recent exchange says it all:Friend: "Damn, dude, that's the worst sunburn I've ever seen."Me: "That's because you're looking at every sunburn I've ever had all at the same time."Last night marked three...
- To Hell and Back 3 weeks ago ***WARNING---THIS POST CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES***"What in the world happened to your face?!?!"I've been getting that a lot recently. And will continue to for the next several weeks.Was I in an accident? A fight? Based on the way I look those are both reasonable guesses. But, no, my current...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ecuador Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Ecuador!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Edd Said
20:09 PM March 23, 2013
If Edd Said it is wellsaid
19:30 PM June 20, 2013
We are looking seriously into retiring in Cuenca in the next 18 months. My husband is from Green Bay, WI and I was originally from the Buffalo, NY area. We are in our mid sixties, currently live in FL - still working. We liked the Diane Sawyer piece, and since then, we've been aggressively looking at websites about Cuenca and retirement. We plan to visit in March next year to see it for ourselves, and are hoping to make a few expat friends who can show us around. Your blog is very interesting and informative. Keep it up! Thanks. Sue LaCount
20:23 PM January 29, 2014
Well said Edd!! Cuenca is not only a calm place to live in or visit, it's also a place full of humble, sweet and grateful people. I was born there, than I moved to New York, and I'm currently back home, back in Cuenca!!!! I recommend people who want to have a great and pleasant time to visit Cuenca- Ecuador, declared patrimony of humanity by the Unesco. If you visit Cuenca and you need a translator, you can contact me to my email firstname.lastname@example.org I can help!!!
14:30 PM March 05, 2015
Great information....but I have some questions. How do I directly contact one of this sites 'bloggers'? I have some questions about Cuenca, Ecuador and would like to speak with someone there... thanks, Gary