Latest Blog Posts »
- Brexit--Good or Bad? 5 days ago I want to address a subject that is very important to me today. I awoke this morning to learn that the UK's citizens have voted overwhelmingly to withdraw from the European Union.This news came as a shocking surprise to pollsters who assumed the vote would maintain the status quo, but not to me....
- Full Moon Horseriding Adventure 3 weeks ago We recently enjoyed a very special weekend that I'd like to share with you. Through our good friends at TerraDiversa tour company Cynthia and I have had the pleasure of several horseback riding trips over the years through the beautiful Ecuadorian countryside.Last month we took these excursions to...
- Sometimes We Lose Our Minds 3 weeks ago On Sunday we often hang out at home and don't even unlock the door. For "retired people" we're often quite busy during the week and this day of R&R really suits us.Today began with that exact vibe. I got up early, had a relaxing yoga session, and sat down to watch the finals of the French Open....
- Galapagos--Final Thoughts 4 weeks ago Did we really go to Galapagos two weeks ago? Cynthia especially had dreamed of this trip for so many years. And no matter how many photos you've seen of other people standing right next to the animals, it still almost seems incredible to realize we did exactly the same thing.If Galapagos is on your...
- Galapagos--Day Five 2 months ago The last day of the cruise was predictably filled with activities. We had arrived at Isla Floreana, an outpost for pirates, whalers, and sealers back in the day. After observing sea lions lounging on the rockswe took a short hike at Post Office Bay. For centuries it has been a tradition to leave...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ecuador Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Ecuador!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Edd Said
20:09 PM March 23, 2013
If Edd Said it is wellsaid
19:30 PM June 20, 2013
We are looking seriously into retiring in Cuenca in the next 18 months. My husband is from Green Bay, WI and I was originally from the Buffalo, NY area. We are in our mid sixties, currently live in FL - still working. We liked the Diane Sawyer piece, and since then, we've been aggressively looking at websites about Cuenca and retirement. We plan to visit in March next year to see it for ourselves, and are hoping to make a few expat friends who can show us around. Your blog is very interesting and informative. Keep it up! Thanks. Sue LaCount
20:23 PM January 29, 2014
Well said Edd!! Cuenca is not only a calm place to live in or visit, it's also a place full of humble, sweet and grateful people. I was born there, than I moved to New York, and I'm currently back home, back in Cuenca!!!! I recommend people who want to have a great and pleasant time to visit Cuenca- Ecuador, declared patrimony of humanity by the Unesco. If you visit Cuenca and you need a translator, you can contact me to my email email@example.com I can help!!!
14:30 PM March 05, 2015
Great information....but I have some questions. How do I directly contact one of this sites 'bloggers'? I have some questions about Cuenca, Ecuador and would like to speak with someone there... thanks, Gary