Latest Blog Posts »
- Special Delivery 2 weeks ago Mug cakes aren't the only food category where Cynthia and I arrived late to the party. A much more basic topic hiding in plain view has until recently eluded us for years.Our daughter's home in New Jersey is in that raising small children mode with which we're all familiar. There never seems to be...
- Microwave Miracles 3 weeks ago Have you ever heard of a mug cake? If so, why the hell haven't you told me about it? We were having dinner at a couple's home last week when the hostess said something about an easy dessert."What did you say?" I asked. "A mud cake?""No," she replied. "A mug cake.""What does that even mean?""You put...
- Goldilocks People 3 weeks ago Happy Fall, y'all. With the official changing of the season many of you are probably looking forward to putting away the shorts and tee shirts in favor of jackets and sweaters. The leaves will be turning soon and it will be great to say bye-bye to summer heat and be outside enjoying that crisp...
- Get Out of Town! 2 months ago What do you do when you've basically been in exile for two months with a messed up face and blot clot issues? Well, if you're the Staton's you get the heck out of town and head to the beach!I found what appeared to be a great Airbnb rental right on the Pacific, invited one of our favorite couples...
- In the News! 1 month ago Cynthia and I are honored to be featured in this article today by author and financial planner Ben Carlson:An Alternative Solution to the Retirement CrisisPosted September 2, 2017 by Ben CarlsonAfter writing about some of the reasons for the potential retirement crisis a few weeks ago I gave the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Ecuador Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Ecuador!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Edd Said
20:09 PM March 23, 2013
If Edd Said it is wellsaid
19:30 PM June 20, 2013
We are looking seriously into retiring in Cuenca in the next 18 months. My husband is from Green Bay, WI and I was originally from the Buffalo, NY area. We are in our mid sixties, currently live in FL - still working. We liked the Diane Sawyer piece, and since then, we've been aggressively looking at websites about Cuenca and retirement. We plan to visit in March next year to see it for ourselves, and are hoping to make a few expat friends who can show us around. Your blog is very interesting and informative. Keep it up! Thanks. Sue LaCount
20:23 PM January 29, 2014
Well said Edd!! Cuenca is not only a calm place to live in or visit, it's also a place full of humble, sweet and grateful people. I was born there, than I moved to New York, and I'm currently back home, back in Cuenca!!!! I recommend people who want to have a great and pleasant time to visit Cuenca- Ecuador, declared patrimony of humanity by the Unesco. If you visit Cuenca and you need a translator, you can contact me to my email email@example.com I can help!!!
14:30 PM March 05, 2015
Great information....but I have some questions. How do I directly contact one of this sites 'bloggers'? I have some questions about Cuenca, Ecuador and would like to speak with someone there... thanks, Gary