Living in Grand Cayman
Latest Blog Posts »
- East End delight 6 days ago This morning I needed (and wanted) to run +-15km in preparation for the 1/2 Marathon in 2-weeks time. Instead of doing my regular run, I drove to the East End, while it was still dark, to see the sunrise and then my run. It was a bit cloudy (and quite windy) but still managed to […]
- Another foul weather post and some running! 3 weeks ago Well, this summer & fall, the Caribbean sure has been getting it! In the Cayman Islands, we have been very fortunate not to have a hurricane come too close to us. That being said, Tropical Storm Philippe came quite close to us this week-end. In fact, we got something like 50mm (around 2 inches) of...
- Hurricane Irma - update 3 and final thoughts 3 months ago So Hurricane Irma is now in the history books and we will never see her again. In fact, when a storm is catastrophic, the name is “retired” and will never be used again. Hurricane Ivan and Katrina are good example of this. Good riddance. So Irma caused major damage on, by my count, 8...
- Hurricane Irma - update 2 3 months ago News from the Turks and Caicos Island is trickling through. So far we know that they have sustained major damage. Moments ago the crew of the Royal Cayman Island Police Service, which dispatched the police helicopter to TCI to assist with the recovery efforts, posted this heartbreaking picture...
- Hurricane Irma - update 3 months ago A few days ago I posted about Hurricane Irma getting closer to the Turks & Caicos Islands, where I was for work. I am glad to say that I made it out, and without a moment to spare. This page is a quick summary of my escape. That being said, my ordeal is nothing compared […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cayman Islands Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Cayman Islands!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Living in Grand Cayman
21:11 PM January 02, 2013
A well established blog, detailing a different perspective of living on the rock. Very good.
23:36 PM September 22, 2013
I look forward to checking in with Micho on a regular basis. He has an extremely interesting and descriptive way of covering his lifestyle there on the island and his other trips off the island. I am a fellow Canadian and have to live vicariously through Micho and others now as I cannot travel anymore due to health issues. So refreshing to see things through his eyes and the videos are really enjoyable. Always a pleasure.