Living in Grand Cayman
Latest Blog Posts »
- Day in Anegada 2 days ago I was recently on one of my annual (or Bi-annual) trips to the British Virgin Islands. This time I was there on the week-end and chose to visit one of the other Virgin Islands : The island of Anegada. Contrary to most of the BVI which are essentially mountain pinnacles sticking out of the water,...
- Dad in town 1 month ago One of the great pleasures about being in Cayman is to have guests over. I recently had the privilege of having my dad over for a week. Its obviously different from “back home” where we see our friends and family for a day or less most of the time. So when in Cayman, we get […]
- Cayman prepares it's own Brexit 2 months ago Many locals have been following the whole UK “Brexit” from the European Union with much interest. Its widely known that the Queen has waning influence in the island and that some local politicians are looking north, about 500 miles north for new opportunities in the wake of the UK’s...
- Return to the Kittiwake 2 months ago Three years ago, I did my first dive on the USS Kittiwake. That blog post from 2014 can be found here. (http://micho.org/cayblog/?p=2678) A quick recall – the Kittiwake is a former US Warship that was decommissioned in the 1990’s and purchased by the Cayman Islands in order to make an...
- The stars are in town 2 months ago A few weeks ago was the annual “Cayman Alternative Investment Summit” – CAIS – where finance folks from around the world gather in Cayman. This year the venue was at the new Kimpton Hotel. Very nice. As always, the event had an impressive lineup of speakers. First up, we had the Kelly...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cayman Islands Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Cayman Islands!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Living in Grand Cayman
21:11 PM January 02, 2013
A well established blog, detailing a different perspective of living on the rock. Very good.
23:36 PM September 22, 2013
I look forward to checking in with Micho on a regular basis. He has an extremely interesting and descriptive way of covering his lifestyle there on the island and his other trips off the island. I am a fellow Canadian and have to live vicariously through Micho and others now as I cannot travel anymore due to health issues. So refreshing to see things through his eyes and the videos are really enjoyable. Always a pleasure.