Jenny and John in Brittany
Latest Blog Posts »
- Renovation Project - more work on the stairs 1 week ago Renovation Project - more work on the stairsThe sofas are cleared away again, we are going to have to move and cover them every day until the work in the living room is completed.Today we are going to carry on working on the stairs, we have decided to plasterboard the side of the stairs that is...
- Renovation project - the Clampets are on the move again!!!!!! 2 weeks ago Renovation project - the Clampets are on the move again!!!!!!Today is the day, I think today is almost on a par with having or first indoor toilet, I am so excited! We are going to collect the new suites.We decided that it would be easier to hire a van and go and collect the last of the big items...
- Renovation Project - Painting new plaster 3 weeks ago Renovation Project - Painting new plaster It’s a big day, we are going to view the suites, we have the sat nav at the ready and set off, it feels strange driving towards the residential area of Morlaix and not the building merchants. We find it as we drive past and as it is on a small...
- Renovation Project - Ooh la la, I am becoming French!!!!!!! 3 weeks ago Renovation Project - Ooh la la, I am becoming French!!!!!!! We have good news on the suites, also quite scary and nerve-wracking!! I received a call from a French woman, I do my normal, I’m sorry but I only speak a little bit of French blurb, when I catch the word canap
- Renovation Project - The 'G' word! 3 weeks ago Renovation Project - The 'G' word! The travel arrangements are all sorted, I am getting back to the UK to celebrate the baby’s first birthday, now that all the panic is over, it suddenly hits me, OMG I am so old!!!!!!!!
Contest Entries »
- The top 5 cakes from Brittany Writing Contest March 2013 Having recently moved to France, we were expecting to love the weather, the way of life, the new culture and all of the other standard reasons for moving to a new country, what we didn’t plan on was our new found love of cakes, don’t get me...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Jenny and John in Brittany
22:04 PM December 04, 2013
Jenny your blog is always so interesting to read it is like snuggling up with a really good book, as a fellow expat barely renovating our French home the information here has been so helpful - I suggest everyone put it on email notification so you don't miss one bit of it, can't wait for the next installment Roz & John http://france-ourlifeinfrance.blogspot.fr/
22:45 PM December 04, 2013
always love jenny's work . keep it up. great story
10:59 AM December 05, 2013
I empathise with your antics - the ups and downs, the struggles and the laughs. It's all part of the fun. We're in a similar situation, so it gives me hope that it'll all come right in the end.