A blog about a long-term American expat living in Moscow. A focus on teaching English, photography, and food!
Latest Blog Posts »
- The curious case of Stepp Cemetery (Morgan-Monroe State Forest) 4 days ago You don’t even need to blink to miss it: deep within the woods of the Morgan-Monroe State Forest lies a strange historic cemetery rumored to be wildly haunted: Stepp Cemetery. From ghosts to satanic cult meetings, this beautiful little slice of Morgan County has it all. In real life, Stepp...
- Easy travel hack: use Google Maps to plan a trip 1 week ago Every one of my trips starts with a list. For a long time, it was a mental list of stuff I saw when reading or surfing through Instagram for inspiration. Alternatively, the list was composed of bits of paper scattered everywhere, meaning a whole swath of great ideas could just disappear if I...
- Your very own treasure trove of easy travel resolutions for 2017 2 weeks ago The post Your very own treasure trove of easy travel resolutions for 2017 appeared first on Let's Love Local.
- It's over?!: 2016 in review 1 month ago Is anyone else finding it really hard to believe 2016 is almost over? I’m sitting here, totally panicking that I’m planning a road trip back to Virginia in just under a week and then immediately heading back to Indy to ring in the new year, Russian style! I hope I’m not the only one delving...
- 17 Indiana towns/cities to visit in 2017 1 month ago As 2016 comes to a close, I’m (unsurprisingly) already plotting my travel moves for 2017. What better way to start the process than by choosing 17 Indiana towns/cities I’d like to visit/revisit in the upcoming year. Check them out and tell me what you think of my list. South Bend Way up north...
Contest Entries »
- Tough Love: 5 Tips to Enjoy Expat Life After the Honeymoon Period Expat Culture Shock Every great adventure starts with the giddy honeymoon period. You know, that magical time when everything you say is punctuated by exclamation marks: oh my god! This is so exciting! It's all so new! I'm having the best time ever! How long this phase...
- Future ESL Teachers Beware! (or, The Worst Teaching Day Ever) Education and International Schools I watch wearily as one of the many Svetlanas reaches into her Chanel purse, touches up her MAC lipstick (Russian Red, obviously), all while typing apathetically on her iPhone. It's 8:30 AM and I'm already questioning my sanity. I've been teaching...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Polly Heath
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
I love Polly's blog. It is funny and informative. Go and have a look.