A blog about a long-term American expat living in Moscow. A focus on teaching English, photography, and food!
Latest Blog Posts »
- A boatload of Midwest travel inspiration 4 days ago You may have noticed Let’s Love Local has been a little quiet lately. After running this blog for nearly five years (maybe more?) I’ve decided it’s time for a mini-hiatus. Trips are ongoing – and will be highlighted on Instagram – but I find I need to slow down in documenting it all. In...
- My absolutely amazing find: Indiana's free artesian wells 3 weeks ago Do you ever stumble across something you never knew about before but suddenly become super passionate about? I do that at least twenty times a day, and my latest passion is something you’d probably never guess: Indiana’s free artesian wells. To be fair, 99% of you are probably asking: WTF is an...
- The curious case of Stepp Cemetery (Morgan-Monroe State Forest) 2 months ago You don’t even need to blink to miss it: deep within the woods of the Morgan-Monroe State Forest lies a strange historic cemetery rumored to be wildly haunted: Stepp Cemetery. From ghosts to satanic cult meetings, this beautiful little slice of Morgan County has it all. In real life, Stepp...
- Easy travel hack: use Google Maps to plan a trip 2 months ago Every one of my trips starts with a list. For a long time, it was a mental list of stuff I saw when reading or surfing through Instagram for inspiration. Alternatively, the list was composed of bits of paper scattered everywhere, meaning a whole swath of great ideas could just disappear if I...
- Your very own treasure trove of easy travel resolutions for 2017 2 months ago The post Your very own treasure trove of easy travel resolutions for 2017 appeared first on Let's Love Local.
Contest Entries »
- Tough Love: 5 Tips to Enjoy Expat Life After the Honeymoon Period Expat Culture Shock Every great adventure starts with the giddy honeymoon period. You know, that magical time when everything you say is punctuated by exclamation marks: oh my god! This is so exciting! It's all so new! I'm having the best time ever! How long this phase...
- Future ESL Teachers Beware! (or, The Worst Teaching Day Ever) Education and International Schools I watch wearily as one of the many Svetlanas reaches into her Chanel purse, touches up her MAC lipstick (Russian Red, obviously), all while typing apathetically on her iPhone. It's 8:30 AM and I'm already questioning my sanity. I've been teaching...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Polly Heath
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
I love Polly's blog. It is funny and informative. Go and have a look.