A blog about a long-term American expat living in Moscow. A focus on teaching English, photography, and food!
Latest Blog Posts »
- Long-term travel and the expat 3 hours ago I know that there’s a lot of controversy about the term expat in some circles; however, I couldn’t describe myself as an immigrant or a traveler so I’ve come to find that it’s been the quickest and best way to describe my situation for the past four years. An expat, by my definition, is...
- Travel Tuesday: Looking over San Jose 1 day ago Last week we headed up to the Mirador over San Jose to get a better look at the city. If you read my post yesterday, you might see why we preferred this over the city itself… The post Travel Tuesday: Looking over San Jose appeared first on A girl and her travels.
- My Thoughts: San Jose, Costa Rica 2 days ago We arrived late at night, hustled through security without a second glance and unceremoniously thrust into the warm night air. In the hallowed custom of many airports throughout the world, we were immediately accosted by a horde of taxi drivers who were not put off by our pleas of a pre-arranged...
- Packing List Central America 5 days ago So we’re in lovely Costa Rica. You can follow along more closely on my Twitter and Instagram accounts. But in the interest of avoiding total radio silence on the blog, here’s a quick peek into the Packing List Central America Edition. Packing, man. It’s stressful, especially when you do it...
- Passport OMG: Unlocking Kiki 1 week ago Hey all! As the Russky and I are somewhere hanging out in San Jose, Costa Rica, please welcome Kaelene to the blog! She’s telling the story of an experience that no expat ever wants to experience… Hello A Girl and Her Travels readers! My name is Kaelene, an American expat living in Iceland and...
Contest Entries »
- Tough Love: 5 Tips to Enjoy Expat Life After the Honeymoon Period Expat Culture Shock Every great adventure starts with the giddy honeymoon period. You know, that magical time when everything you say is punctuated by exclamation marks: oh my god! This is so exciting! It's all so new! I'm having the best time ever! How long this phase...
- Future ESL Teachers Beware! (or, The Worst Teaching Day Ever) Education and International Schools I watch wearily as one of the many Svetlanas reaches into her Chanel purse, touches up her MAC lipstick (Russian Red, obviously), all while typing apathetically on her iPhone. It's 8:30 AM and I'm already questioning my sanity. I've been teaching...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Polly Heath
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
I love Polly's blog. It is funny and informative. Go and have a look.