A blog about a long-term American expat living in Moscow. A focus on teaching English, photography, and food!
Latest Blog Posts »
- Vegetarian Food in Russia (9 Dishes!) 10 hours ago Russia is not so different from the small southern town I grew up in. Many cultural values are shared (strong family ties, intense patriotism, etc). In any given crowd I’m likely to be the most left-leaning politically. Gossiping about the neighbors runs rampant. Oh, and… Read more The post...
- A Travel Playlist 2 days ago Maybe it’s the car-loving American in me, but sometimes I just need to get out of the house, hop in a car, and just cruise. Even though I’ve never had a car of my own I was usually able to snag a car from my… Read more The post A Travel Playlist appeared first on A Girl and Her Travels.
- Urban exploring in America and Russia 3 days ago There’s something intensely alluring about an abandoned building. Its emptiness is like a challenge: the sagging roof intimates a bit of danger, the darkened windows beckon to be climbed through, the dusty mementos of a former life beg to be reexamined. It’s really no wonder… Read more The...
- Back to our regularly scheduled programming 5 days ago Hey all! Just a quick programming note to gently remind you all that Like a Local has a brand new website! Check it out: LIKEALOCALMAG.COM. Please also be sure to like our various social media outlets – not only will you all get cool stories… Read more The post Back to our regularly scheduled...
- Artistry in Berryville: Badass Bracelets 1 week ago Well I’m back and still not really feeling back in any sort of comfortable groove. That’s alright, though. I’ve been buried with work from various projects as well as a few side adventures of my own that have filled up the time so I didn’t… Read more The post Artistry in Berryville:...
Contest Entries »
- Tough Love: 5 Tips to Enjoy Expat Life After the Honeymoon Period Expat Culture Shock Every great adventure starts with the giddy honeymoon period. You know, that magical time when everything you say is punctuated by exclamation marks: oh my god! This is so exciting! It's all so new! I'm having the best time ever! How long this phase...
- Future ESL Teachers Beware! (or, The Worst Teaching Day Ever) Education and International Schools I watch wearily as one of the many Svetlanas reaches into her Chanel purse, touches up her MAC lipstick (Russian Red, obviously), all while typing apathetically on her iPhone. It's 8:30 AM and I'm already questioning my sanity. I've been teaching...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Polly Heath
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
I love Polly's blog. It is funny and informative. Go and have a look.