A blog about a long-term American expat living in Moscow. A focus on teaching English, photography, and food!
Latest Blog Posts »
- International travel made me cry in Russian Walmart 1 day ago “We have too much money in our bank account.” I got the call in Auschan (AKA Russian Walmart).
- A Night in the Museum(s) 3 days ago Hey, all! It’s crunch time here in Polly-land. The Russky and I are due to leave on Thursday for sunny old England for a few days. Buuuut (and there’s always a but, isn’t there?): he hasn’t gotten his visa yet. … Continue reading →
- It's a Catch 22, I Say (A Guest Post!) 6 days ago Hey dudes and dudettes! Today I’m trying something a little different and having a guest post. Who doesn’t like finding a new and interesting blog to follow? Today’s post comes c/o Jenna Longoria:
- Nostalgiya for the Sochi of the Past 1 week ago I don’t know what it is about spring that makes me so nostalgic, but so it is. Currently Sochi is in the news for its upcoming role as the host of the 2014 Winter Olympics. In the winter of 2011, … Continue reading →
- How to cool off: Russky stil' 1 week ago Well, it’s May 13th and it’s 80 degrees outside… After a brief Google conversion: about 27C. I still don’t find it easy to understand Celsius once it gets above 5 or so. Stupid American measuring systems aside, it’s hot. Now, … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Tough Love: 5 Tips to Enjoy Expat Life After the Honeymoon Period Expat Culture Shock Every great adventure starts with the giddy honeymoon period. You know, that magical time when everything you say is punctuated by exclamation marks: oh my god! This is so exciting! It's all so new! I'm having the best time ever! How long this phase...
- Future ESL Teachers Beware! (or, The Worst Teaching Day Ever) Education and International Schools I watch wearily as one of the many Svetlanas reaches into her Chanel purse, touches up her MAC lipstick (Russian Red, obviously), all while typing apathetically on her iPhone. It's 8:30 AM and I'm already questioning my sanity. I've been teaching...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Copy and paste code to display the Featured Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Polly Heath
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
13:18 PM April 22, 2013
I love Polly's blog. It is funny and informative. Go and have a look.